• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

Anyway SunFan congrats on turning to the darkside of scumplay, throwing your entire reputation in the trash so you can enjoy your sweet, sweet towncred all the way to a ****ing draw

No I'm actually kind of upset at this; TWG where parity isn't the wincon for wolves shouldn't even be a thing. Scum won that game as solid as could be expected considering the crazy powers that town had. What I'm seeing here is the game was legit in an unwinnable state from F5 on for an entire fraction.
I mean, if I tried killing Rubik or Minish that could have gave Sunsun the win.

Pen

The game is on!
Oh ya, my original role was I could challenge 2 people to a game. But since I was a cheater I had a higher percent chance of winning and whoever lost had an extra vote placed on them the next day.

Your original role was without a doubt my favourite role I created for this game. I was so excited to see it in action, so naturally I was very sad to see you die so early. :kawaii:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I'm from another forum than this one, and I can say both parity games and inevitable elimination games are normal. It's not some quirk of ZD specifically.

The important thing is that the scum wincon was given to the players: "You are with the Mafia, which means that you win when nothing can prevent you from eliminating all of the other players."

This was supplied to the scum players when the game began.

I haven't looked at the roles yet, but the game was—in theory—balanced around this idea. Roles that would have been hard to deal with in endgame needed to be dealt with using appropriate counters, lynching, or trading and single scum bus strategies lost a lot of power. Both minish's and my role were hazards/eliminateable by the SK and the vig as well.

This is a rule that makes victory harder for scum, but things like claim limiting, flavor claim banning, and lack of most meaningful role information on death made this game more difficult for town as well. Different rules variants can effect balance in different ways

-

Personally, I view this game as an unofficial victory for Sun Sun and a tie for town/scum.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm from another forum than this one, and I can say both parity games and inevitable elimination games are normal. It's not some quirk of ZD specifically.

The important thing is that the scum wincon was given to the players: "You are with the Mafia, which means that you win when nothing can prevent you from eliminating all of the other players."

This was supplied to the scum players when the game began.

I haven't looked at the roles yet, but the game was—in theory—balanced around this idea. Roles that would have been hard to deal with in endgame needed to be dealt with using appropriate counters, lynching, or trading and single scum bus strategies lost a lot of power. Both minish's and my role were hazards/eliminateable by the SK and the vig as well.

This is a rule that makes victory harder for scum, but things like claim limiting, flavor claim banning, and lack of most meaningful role information on death made this game more difficult for town as well. Different rules variants can effect balance in different ways

-

Personally, I view this game as an unofficial victory for Sun Sun and a tie for town/scum.

I agree with all of this.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I did not know you watched Jojo
We killed you because we didn't think we could lynch you and we knew the doc was going to be somewhere
we were only pretty sure it was funnygurl, but we weren't sure enough

Ya lucked up then my man because I would have called that nonsense out with a quickness. "Work of an Enemy Stand" pretty much places it in Part 3 and ain't no protag from part 3 getting information from afar. Joeself kinda fits an information role but he legit is the spirit of "putting my hands like, all over it" in the show.

Actually with the exception of Kakyoin nobody in Part 3 has a lot of range for that role to make sense, and ain't nobody gonna believe that Kakyoin does info lol.

Well well, it worked so I guess it couldn't have been that bad of a claim.

I disagree that the claim limitation makes the game harder for town. You can soft like crazy and get away with it.

I disagree that it was balanced around the bombs. The sk and the vig are going to die early sometimes or just never shoot the bombs, like this game. I feel like that is the vastly more likely outcome.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Ya lucked up then my man because I would have called that nonsense out with a quickness. "Work of an Enemy Stand" pretty much places it in Part 3 and ain't no protag from part 3 getting information from afar. Joeself kinda fits an information role but he legit is the spirit of "putting my hands like, all over it" in the show.

Actually with the exception of Kakyoin nobody in Part 3 has a lot of range for that role to make sense, and ain't nobody gonna believe that Kakyoin does info lol.

Well well, it worked so I guess it couldn't have been that bad of a claim.
Hermit Purple is all about getting info from afar.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I disagree that the claim limitation makes the game harder for town. You can soft like crazy and get away with it.

I disagree that it was balanced around the bombs. The sk and the vig are going to die early sometimes or just never shoot the bombs, like this game. I feel like that is the vastly more likely outcome.
2 non mafia killing roles + lynch could deal with it

Idk how Pendio has bulletproof interact with bombs either. LG could have nk'd me without dying.

Reactions: Pen
"Just lynch a bomb" is very hard to do, and requires mafia to perform what is essentially a day kill instead of a nightkill.
Yes, the miller bit helps.
There wouldn't be enough though, not without the bomb not blocking parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom