• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Johnny Sooshi - 1 (The Sun Fan)
All Might - 3 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, ExLight)
DekuNut - 1 (Morbid Minish)
Funnygurl555 - 4 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Rubik, HeroOfTime, All Might)
Silverfish - 2 (LittleGumball, funnier6)
Calvin ツ - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)

Not voting - Laurentus, Silverfish, Calvin ツ, Mellow Ezlo

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Friday, August 30th 2019 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20190830T19&p0=179&msg=End+of+Day+1&font=slab&csz=1

pen can i please edit the strikethrough out of my post it's so embarrassing lmfao ALSO IT'S HARD TO READ
or get a mod 2 do it :eyes:

You have my permission this one time ;)

Vote: Calvin

Gonna need some bold letters to know you mean business ;)

Last edited:

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Sorry I haven't been so active, I've been at work and came back to another ten pages of rubik and funnier. Wish this didn't seem so artificially inflated, makes it hard to weed things out. It's friggin day one and we have almost thirty pages. Anyway, reads list in no particular order:

Null/slight scum. Funnier is really easy to town read in general. I'm not super confident about it this time, though. There have been maybe three posts that contained original reads and information, other than that he's been asking a lot of people for information without providing much of it himself. Especially earlier when he was hounding Ex.

Guess you don’t have any thoughts Ex? What do you do on day one when you can’t use claims? How are you going to figure out who to vote?
So why aren't you [Exlight] talking about any of that stuff then?
So you dont plan on becoming serious? Just meme all day? And you wonder why people want to kill you?
Yet you aren't doing that. Why different today?
Its been almost 24 hours. I dont call that rushing.
Idr know I think Ex just lives in a bubble of extreme pessimism. He obviously knows he's not being helpful and he just keeps posting to let everyone know that no, he still doesn't have anything to say thanks. In that aggravating sort of way from Pokeball. He obviously isnt going to have anything to defend himself with cause he's defending himself over explicitly not doing anything. Feel like he's just a big distraction. Maybe tomorrow when he has to have thoughts on something.
Your behavior is on a whole different level to other peoples. Pretty sure its the same old story.

It's not that I think poking people for information is harmful, but I've come to expect more out of town funnier. Even his reads list was pretty slim.

He was also strangely defensive earlier.

Idr see how you’re town reading Rubik but I’m too jokey to get a read on. Maybe I’m overestimating my posts so far but I would’ve expected that to go in the opposite direction. Especially since Rubik has been way too jokey for me to get a read on. Since a ton of you are new here, it’s good to keep in mind that Rubik is extremely hard to read and pin down as both alignments. Literally the easiest way to read him is take your read of me and reverse it because we’ve never been the same alignment once. Can you elaborate some more on these?
I don't even know how I'm already being called aggressive. You haven't seen aggressive yet, I tend to be very blunt in mafia and I use an aggressive attitude to get reactions but I've mainly just been catching up the past day so I haven't been trying to be particularly aggressive. If youre talking about the Ex thing I was questioning him repeatedly to see if this was going to go the same way it did last time. The conclusion was yes, he's been just as difficult and aggravating as he was in the crossover but I let it go and didnt vote him because for all that he was town in the crossover and I'm not going to waste my time on him magikarping about.

He wasn't under any fire at the time and there are more important things to talk about. Just comes off as self-conscious.

Hard null. Less than ten posts from Minish makes me a bit anxious. Her few posts came off as towny to me, but there simply isn't enough information there to get a solid read one way or the other. She seems to have been a bit self-conscious, but I think it's too early to tell.

Null. I've only played one or two games with Rubik, but from what I remember he wasn't this... idk, goofy? He's filled up two pages already and a good amount of that was just memeing. There have been posts of substance, ofc, but I had a vision of Rubik as more serious and focused in mafia. IDK though.

Hard null. Most of his posts are light-hearted single-sentences.

I am
/almost/
scumreading funnier
you're not allowed to ask why tho

Yes I am, I gave my reasons, what are yours?

Pretty Null. Other than him being relatively quiet I don't understand the votes against him, he hasn't said anything that pinged me the wrong way, and I liked his recent response to Rag.

Null/slight scum.
What? I mean rvs has already ended, there's plenty to talk about now and Ezlo even listed some topics you could address to get the ball rolling.

You could have done so yourself. First real serious post, and it was to criticize someone else's laziness. There have been a few prods from him to encourage others to post and a paragraph or two of original thought, but besides that his posts have been pretty shallow.

Hard null. Need more data plz

Also very null. His posts have been a tad aggressive, but in a towny way and not uncharacteristically. Just need more of them.

Innocent child.

Hard null. I get that this thread has been growing out of control, but I need more data from you.

Moderate Town. I think my biggest problem with him is that he drew all of the fire. For like five pages, that's all everyone talked about and it wasn't necessarily useful. Obviously his earlier behavior wasn't particularity helpful, but I don't think it was AI, and I've liked his later posts. There haven't been a whole lotta useful ones from him, but up until recently he was more or less being driven into a corner, so eh.

Sorry, who? Wait, is he in this game?

Hard null/slight town. Very quiet.

think the ex pressure is opportunistic. not liking it

think it's more of a clash of play styles tbh

I liked this post a lot and think it came at the time it was most needed, but that's basically the only one worth mentioning.

Slight town. His hounding of All Might rubbed me the wrong way, but I think it was well intended. He spoke his mind and didn't pull any punches, which I like.

Null/slight town. I've liked his posts I guess, but they seem to have been a bit too mellow.

Null. Got a good laugh out of this tho

is anyone actively angry at exlight though?

i see and accept this attempt to pocket me.

i've actually become pretty busy irl over the yearz. i feel bad because it makes me less active (and also less good) but also it's great for my mental health lmfao

i think a lot of people have said this, but exlight appears to be chaotic and kind of hasty, which leads to him saying/doing things that are scummy. he's been like this in the other two games that i've played with him where he was town. so although the things he's doing are scummy, that doesn't necessarily mean that i'm scumreading him. hope that clears that up 4 ya bud

yes
(for context this is about rubik)

feeling this V hard rn

**thots
gimme a minute, i'll post this and then i'll make a list

glad to know yall are still considering me uwu

iirc she likes to potato as scum (the one time it happened), but it's friggin day one, too early to tell.

Null. Only one or two good posts. I wish he would post more.

Won't go into much detail. I like what I've seen, his posts started conversation and probed, but there haven't been many of them.

I don't have a real vote of my own (certainly not enough to start a bus) yet but I'll

Vote: funnygurl

Because I'd rather her than All Might for the time being. I'll take it down if no one joins me because I'd rather a lynch than a no lynch from a tie.

Man I really underestimated the amount you guys would type whilst I'm at work.

My attack on you way a genuine d1 attack. It wasn't random or a joke, but—like most d1 cases—built on very little substance and the fact that you kept dismissing it as fully a joke did definitely ping me as scummy behavior.
Honestly that was genuinely just hard to tell, you seemed to meme a lot in the RVS and it just seemed to me like it was another vote making a joke of my self vote. If I wasn't new to how you played then maybe I would have seen it differently, but alas, I'm not used to it.

Can you answer the questions anyway? You have no read on Ex at all?
Nah I do, but it would just be rehashing what someone else said about him seeming towny because he's scummy.

I'm honestly in disbelief that my "deflection" is being seen as scummy, I don't know if its a clash of playstyles or anything like that but I have absolutely zero clue why thats a big serious thing that happened...

Still got more posts to catch up on but honestly it's late, and I have my other games to update before sleepy time. I'm on page 25.

Town-
funnier6 - I get the need to pressure vote and gather information this round. It seems like he's just tagging everyone he can, which seems fairly town.
Rubik - So far seems helpful, albiet goofy.
All Might - Although I had an initial distrust of him because his posts did not read right, and it still bugs me that he had to point out his breadcrumbing, I think he's town after going back through everything.
Funnygurl555 - Need more content. Have agreed with posts so far. Slight town.
LittleGumball - Interesting character. Pretty sure he's town trying to get the waffles out. Not sure I understand his reason for voting me.
Null-
Morbid Minish - While playing slightly different from last game, I don't have much to go on.
The Sun Fan - Seems drunk all the time, if that makes sense. No good content to read.
Spiritual Mask Salesman - As far as I can tell, playing just like last game, which still reads scummy to me in his ways of asking of other people what he won't start himself.
Doc - Very little to go on here.
Johnny Sooshi - Has had several hard pokes at other players, kinda reads like funnier. Seems alright so far.
HeroOfTime - No strong opinion here yet. Seems to be as lost as I
DekuNut - Deku, really. I get it, we're all out of our element, but I thought you would keep up the best.
ExLight - Got a lot of flak earlier for no real reason as I could tell. Seems to have cleared his name since, but can't swear that.
Laurentus - His two posts have been very NAI
Mellow Ezlo - Very mellow. Solid null.
Scum-
Ragnarokio - Hounded All might too much for my liking. Opens the possibility of bussing. Do not trust one bit.
Calvin ツ - I distrust him on the grounds that his posts don't read right to me. Nothing of substance. Very slight scum

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Ragnarokio - Hounded All might too much for my liking. Opens the possibility of bussing. Do not trust one bit.

Why would i bus all might from the beginning of day 1?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
also how can you have a scum read on me on the basis that i'm bussing someone you have a town read on

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You could have done so yourself. First real serious post, and it was to criticize someone else's laziness. There have been a few prods from him to encourage others to post and a paragraph or two of original thought, but besides that his posts have been pretty shallow.
Shallow posts? Yet I started the votes of funnygurl and you joined... I think for the time I have contributed, I have tackled the relevant topics at hand by weighing in with my own two cents.

Spiritual Mask Salesman - As far as I can tell, playing just like last game, which still reads scummy to me in his ways of asking of other people what he won't start himself.
Where have I seeked approval from others for anything I've done in this game so far?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Also...

Hard null/slight town. Very quiet.

I liked this post a lot and think it came at the time it was most needed, but that's basically the only one worth mentioning.

I don't have a real vote of my own (certainly not enough to start a bus) yet but I'll

Vote: funnygurl

Because I'd rather her than All Might for the time being. I'll take it down if no one joins me because I'd rather a lynch than a no lynch from a tie.
Why would you vote someone you're town leaning over someone you are scum leaning? I'm not liking this from you. I want more from funnygurl, but this is something that has set my radar off from you.

also how can you have a scum read on me on the basis that i'm bussing someone you have a town read on
I was throwing out my train of thought. I am open to the idea of bussing, but do not think it is likely. I think you were just hard targeting a townie and it failed.
Where have I seeked approval from others for anything I've done in this game so far?
I didn't say you seeked approval. I meant I found it odd that you wouldn't kick off the real start of the day but asked why others didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom