• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
I will admit that my perceptions of All Might are a bit scummy based on recent events.
Calvin seems like he wasn't taking it seriously, which could be scummy?
Can you elaborate? What about all might is scummy? Just because Rag said so? Or different reasons? Also questioning yourself isnt all that helpful, do you think Calvin is scummy for not taking it seriously or not?
Completely unrelated note: Is there a off forum game advertising thread anywhere around here?
There isnt, but the ZD mafia server is pinned if you wanna advertise in there.
Yeah, it's probably a cultural difference in terms of how we talk about how scummy or towny players are. Players from where Rag and I hail from are exceptionally paranoid and in the context of D1, I think most people would know that saying something is a scumspects is usually going to be based on weak feelings.
I've never once thought you were paranoid.
And this is actually what I was looking for from you and happened to not notice that softing.

Unvote

Vote: DekuNut
Oooh I totally forgot about the soft claim thing! Though idk if I like the way he was softing, it reminds me of MHA when he focused on character softs instead of roles and solving.

Why Deku btw? It seems like he's stuck catching up. Have you talked about Rubik and Johnny so far?

Also @LittleGumball idk if this thread is just huge but I feel like you haven't posted in agess. Thoughts?

funnier6

Courage~
I'm always going to tell jokes even when I'm serious because it's part of what makes the game fun for me and it makes it easier to read people when I can use humor to connect with them and see how they respond to it.
Well yeah whatever but when those people cant tell if youre seriously scum reading thats a problem, especially when you can you just lol is just joke and get out of it. Need to know what you really think.
anhedonia. dunno why
The heck does this mean
Wasn't the Crossover 18p as well?
That was a crossover and people from bulba were kidnapped for it, this game is the first large game we've had in two years that wasnt part of a crossover
silverfish on first glance seems fine

that's about all else i've got
Why does silverfish seem fine? What do you think about sunfan?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
He's been playing for months
three/four months isn't alot smh, and some games take like forever

I don't even know how I'm already being called aggressive. You haven't seen aggressive yet, I tend to be very blunt in mafia and I use an aggressive attitude to get reactions but I've mainly just been catching up the past day so I haven't been trying to be particularly aggressive. If youre talking about the Ex thing I was questioning him repeatedly to see if this was going to go the same way it did last time. The conclusion was yes, he's been just as difficult and aggravating as he was in the crossover but I let it go and didnt vote him because for all that he was town in the crossover and I'm not going to waste my time on him magikarping about.
let's make a deal
I'll use anime emotes proportionally to how rood you are

And this logic is bad.
Just because acts in a certain way when they're Town doesn't mean they act the opposite way when they're scum.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
How is you breadcrumbing a role supposed to be a defense against my case on you?
\

Because breadcrumbing can be AI in cases such as this? Duuuuh.

You know, the term "question everything" is exceptionally applicable to your meta. How does revealing this to you not alleviate the case at all, like not even in the slightest? Seems like you've been tunneling on me for "tryharding" since that post, but again, I could say the same for you. I might be your top scumspect, but there are other players at work here also who could use your undivided attention; surely there's someone else on the reads list that caught your attention.

All Might: All Might is the first player to make what appears to be completely serious analysis on the game.
Stretch of logic #1: Being serious during RVS is incriminating and the perp should be hung.

He comments specifically on the antagonism between rubik and funnier which is pretty clearly just back and forth jokes, but i feel like there are probably other more serious things to analyze if you want to, like voting patterns or calvin's deflection.
No, I said that there was a back-and-forth between them, not that they were being antagonistic. Between Rubik's memeing and funnier's ripostes at the time, there was a whole lot to go on and the general atmosphere felt pretty confusing. Ya know, pretty standard stuff for RVS.

His read also amounts to town-reading two players, which isn't really helpful on D1 compared to scumreads. I would expect a town player breaking RVS to say something more consequential.
Stretch of logic #2: Making an analysis on two players' discourse and bringing up the possibility that scum could use that later to their advantage down the road is scummy in and of itself.

Except 1) I never said that funnier or Rubik were Town, that scenario was purely, blatantly hypothetical and 2)

A scum player breaking RVS in this way just makes it seem like contributing without contributing. The fact that they decided to read funnier and rubik of all things is also strange to me, and if All Might flipped scum I'd be suspicious of one or both of those two.
And here I thought that Town could attempt to contribute during RVS, but I guess that the only way to stay clear is by either going with RVS or laying low with the scum who are lurking now like they did during that phase.

Later in the game they put a pressure vote on doc for not having a read on Rubik's behaviour, which is again strange to me since most players at this point have not expressed a read on rubik's behaviour, and i couldn't find a reason why they'd have singled out doc, although i may have just missed it. All Might is one of my top scumspects for today.
Doc straight-up said that he hadn't read a single Rubik post, which prompted me to ask if he'd read through the thread at all and later place a pressure vote on him. Not hard to understand at all.

Overall, I feel like you're coming on a bit too strong and looking at this from the wrong angle; I don't think anyone else perceived my post in this way. I also find it strange that you'd give Sun Fan and FG5 a pass when they've barely done anything of substance (one of them sheeped on your vote) and are hardly even active. Surely you'd consider their actions, at least.

I thought the reason for my vote on you seemed a bit apparent in context of my post. Wanted to pressure someone where it wasn't just 1 vote. And thought you were a good one to put another one because there are certain things I look for from you d1 and I hadn't felt that yet.
I'll be sure to crumb harder in the future, then. =^)

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
So I have a lot to catch up on, but currently SMS is rubbing me the wrong way, mostly because he sort of took a stance against people pressure voting me. There's nothing scummy in that of itself, but last game he was very erratic with changing his votes to anybody for pressure. The sudden change in perspective is just something that jumped out to me.

I still have to read up on this whole All Might suspicion and breadcrumbing from Rubik I gleamed over?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@fun-fun-chan

I don't need to be paranoid during games where I know the entire scum team or am a survivor who doesn't need to lynch scum to win, which is quite a few of the games you've seen.

When have I ever used "lol just a joke" alone to defend myself? That's scum as heck!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So I have a lot to catch up on, but currently SMS is rubbing me the wrong way, mostly because he sort of took a stance against people pressure voting me. There's nothing scummy in that of itself, but last game he was very erratic with changing his votes to anybody for pressure. The sudden change in perspective is just something that jumped out to me.

I still have to read up on this whole All Might suspicion and breadcrumbing from Rubik I gleamed over?
Lol, I only had a grand total of 2 serious votes during the crossover. In this game I placed one serious vote on Laurentus earlier, I'm probably going to change that vote because it didn't spark activity from him. Anyway, I don't like this post from you which isn't true.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I don't even know how I'm already being called aggressive. You haven't seen aggressive yet, I tend to be very blunt in mafia and I use an aggressive attitude to get reactions but I've mainly just been catching up the past day so I haven't been trying to be particularly aggressive. If youre talking about the Ex thing I was questioning him repeatedly to see if this was going to go the same way it did last time. The conclusion was yes, he's been just as difficult and aggravating as he was in the crossover but I let it go and didnt vote him because for all that he was town in the crossover and I'm not going to waste my time on him magikarping about.

Yes i was talking about your attacking Ex. I'm kind of disappointed with how many people are attacking him whilst asserting his behaviour is NAI.

Answered some of this above. Why do you think you know what my productivity levels would be as town when you have very little idea of my personality and motivation? What are you comparing to? Cause it seems like youre just comparing me to the ideal town player in your head and basing your read on that, which would explain why youre scum reading half the game lol. What do you think about having so many scum reads? You evidently dont value town reads as much but its clear that half the game isnt all scum so how does this help you?

When i say it would be more productive to build a case than to not, i mean that it would aid the town agenda more than not doing it. I'm not comparing you to other players, i'm comparing two strategies. I don't know how productive you normally are, but i am making the ssumption that you would have a tendency towards doing things that benefit the town as town. I don't think playing mafia effectively is possible without making guesses about how other players think, even if you don't know them well.

Having scum reads helps me find scum. I'm not pushing lynches on everyone i'm scumreading so it doesn't matter how many people i'm scumreading. I don't think all eight of them are scum, there are just eight players who i'm leaning scum on presently. Having eight reads doesn't help me more than having one read. I do value town reads, especially later in the game.

funnier6

Courage~
And this logic is bad.
Just because acts in a certain way when they're Town doesn't mean they act the opposite way when they're scum.
When the actions get one scum read it is rather reasonable to believe that as scum they will not blatantly do so again, especially since it seems you've been self destructing a lot recently. Also you realize youre arguing that you would in fact act scummy purposefully knowing full well it hasn't ended well before?
I don't need to be paranoid during games where I know the entire scum team or am a survivor who doesn't need to lynch scum to win, which is quite a few of the games you've seen.
True, and I still dont think youre paranoid now. Nice of you to let me know youre scum again.
When have I ever used "lol just a joke" alone to defend myself? That's scum as heck!
I;m not saying you have, I'm saying its easy and you could. I hate things said ambiguously cause theres always that dumb backdoor you can sneak through. Town acting that way is stupid cause they aint got nothin to hide.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Oooh I totally forgot about the soft claim thing! Though idk if I like the way he was softing, it reminds me of MHA when he focused on character softs instead of roles and solving.

Why Deku btw? It seems like he's stuck catching up. Have you talked about Rubik and Johnny so far?

I'm surprised you forgot about the softing. That's the only thing I can really read All Might from. Lol. The MHA point is fair, but this time feels a bit different. Just from how he's softing.

And also, Deku because I just felt like that was a good place. I know he's catching up but the vote will be there for him to address if he wants later. Basically, I have no thoughts on Deku and maybe this could help.

I have addressed Rubik. Said his posting seemed NAI, but I also get a better feeling about his posts this game than when he was joking as scum in other games. Feels like there's more effort and depth to the posts if that makes sense. Certainly not a strong read though, but I'm sure the read will become more apparent after a while.

Haven't really said anything about Johnny, because quite frankly he hasn't been on my radar. Large games tend to overwhelm me in the beginning, so if someone isn't doing anything to make me notice them in any way I usually just focus on a smaller pool of people who are (good or bad).

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@Fun-bun-chan:

Well, maybe most of my paranoia is internalized, then. I certainly feel paranoid.

And I'm just saying I'm not going to make that defense and if I did you could call me out on it. Even jokes tend to have a basis in truth, and trying to play it off would make me look pretty bad.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Also you realize youre arguing that you would in fact act scummy purposefully knowing full well it hasn't ended well before?
Yea, I'm aware of that.
But it's the truth. You can't exactly clear a person because her behaviour seems like their town games, especially if you don't know their scum game.

If you might be misjudging me because of this logic you might as well misread the real scums too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom