• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
silverfish's read list is a pretty big red flag to me. It seems like they're stretching to have opinions that seem valid and not that they genuinely hold those opinions. I'd still rather lynch All Might at this junction but i thought it worth mentioning.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I might become somewhat inactive for the next hours because college is a pain.

@Rubik

Were you serious about considering Kyuubei as his character?
As you said Kyuubei as Godfather is really fitting and could explain All Might's actions during this phase. Could be a way to attract the Cop's check to 'clear' him.

Why are you stil voting FG555 despite being the one that brought this possibility up? Do you think it's that farfetched? :suspicious:

funnier6

Courage~
oh ok then
it's weird to not see miller claim D1
I guess I got used to Bulba's meta

although I also didn't claim it when I was one, so rofl
There’s also the slight thing that only one role claim is allowed for the day so it’s generally saved for whoever’s being lynched.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I might become somewhat inactive for the next hours because college is a pain.

@Rubik

As you said Kyuubei as Godfather is really fitting and could explain All Might's actions during this phase. Could be a way to attract the Cop's check to 'clear' him.

Why are you stil voting FG555 despite being the one that brought this possibility up? Do you think it's that farfetched? :suspicious:
I think it's somewhat feasible, but not really worth speculating about in detail. I have no interest in making a case on him based on the fact that he could be kyubey, just interest in avoiding that anyone give him townpants because he's softing being a magical girl (and also interest in stopping a cop check from being wasted on someone who is unlikely to give a useful result from a cop check if they're scum). I'm mostly preaching mindfulness about him rather than making a case that he seems especially scummy because of his claim. As you said before, there are plenty of magical girls he could be—the fact that one of the most iconic villains of modern anime happens to be from a magical girl anime is something I think is worth being mindful of, though not necessarily directly acting on (because I'd abhor trying to solve the game like that, especially this early).

I hope that makes sense.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Johnny Sooshi - 1 (The Sun Fan)
All Might - 3 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, ExLight)
DekuNut - 1 (Morbid Minish)
Funnygurl555 - 4 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Rubik, HeroOfTime, All Might)
Silverfish - 2 (LittleGumball, funnier6)
Calvin ツ - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)

Not voting - Laurentus, Silverfish, Calvin ツ, Mellow Ezlo

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Friday, August 30th 2019 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20190830T19&p0=179&msg=End+of+Day+1&font=slab&csz=1

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm at work at the moment so expect more from me later on, but for now I'm going to post this:

Vote: funnygurl

On the basis that she has done very little to actually apply contribute, has sheeped, and is laying low for the most part.
The same could be said for literally a third of the players though.

How often are Millers and Godfathers in Pen's games? My memory might be failing me but I don't remember them being a thing on the first Anime Mafia.
Pen has done millers, SKs, and masons in other games too. He's pretty much open to putting in any role. Role analysis won't help a ton until we know how much he'll make the flavor work.

oh ok then
it's weird to not see miller claim D1
I guess I got used to Bulba's meta

although I also didn't claim it when I was one, so rofl
Just curious, why would you expect a miller claim? Is that something more specific to the Bulba meta, or just a general expectation?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
FunnyGurl: This seems like a pretty lazy wagon. Most of the people voting her just seem generally unimpressed with her lack of content, but half the game has put out a similar level of content, and funnygurl at least seems interested in contributing and has dropped some concrete (albeit brief) opinions. If you wanted to lynch a lurker calvin, laurentis, doc, sun fun, and deku all have less contributions, in my eyes.
I actually only voted her to try and get more reasoning from her on why she voted All Might. She also didn't sheep her vote on All Might, she voted him before you did iirc. Basically, I agree that Hero and All Might voting for her is kind of lazy. I liked Rubik helping me out by joining to apply pressure to get her to talk though. I want her to talk more, yet I don't think I want her lynched though. So it's interesting to see how my vote started a wagon that deepened pretty quick.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Bulba Millers always claim D1, so investigative roles, mostly cops, don't waste a check on them.

And, well, late miller claims always look like copped scum trying to get away with some last resort excuse.
dunno if that's common elsewhere
this is my first game outside bulba so
I've seen it varied from D1 claim to ignored completely. Just depends really.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Innocent child.
Am I the only one who picked up on this? Would this count as a roleclaim? Probably not as the IC role is auto-confirmed by the game mod, as I recall.

So, how was the first anime mafia? Were there two or more characters from the same franchise there? Or did each character represent one anime?
Yeah, aside from the Lovers, there was one character per series pretty much. I'd expect it to be the same way this time around.

@All Might Did you watch Madoka?
I have and I enjoyed it, being a Urobuchi fan. Does that make you doubt the claim?

That face when you go from magical girls to an interdimensional talking cat that warps reality for science. Madoka must've come to mind because it was popular, but I could also be from Fate/kaleid liner or Lyrical Nanoha. I'm curious what made you think of that.

i don't like all might

thoughts
giphy.gif

i haven't posted a lot but my posts haven't been fluff sheesh; i've provided reads (albeit w/o reasoning) for 4 different players

a lynch on me is a lazy one, especially for those who've seen me play in the past

all might should die because his vote on me's a veiled attempt to switch wagons, since mine was tied with his. he's clearly masking his motive; towns never have to do that
In all seriousness, though, I'd genuinely like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you did vote on me without providing any reason and haven't contributed much substance besides. It's unfortunate that Mafia is designed to pit players against each other because I'd rather reach a mutual agreement, personally. As for now, though, the main reason for my vote is the lack of reasoning for your vote; there's still time to avert a lynch against you and add more insight on current events.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@Might: HoT always reads himself as innocent child as far as I can remember.

Madoka is a popular anime even among people who generally don't watch magical girl animes and Pendio doesn't strike me as the type who would watch many magical girl animes without it being exceptionally well-regarded. It's definitely plausible that you're from Sailor Moon or another major magical girl anime, but I think Madoka is pretty likely and I think if you did get Kyubey you'd probably try to fake claim as a magical girl because you knew you could safely claim the anime you're from and you'd know that magical girls generally have a wholesome vibe to them. That said, even if you are from Madoka, a role like Homura or Madoka would be decently plausible as town and some might even be willing to make a case for Kyubey not being evil.

Also if Pendio by some freak chance had watched the Fate Illya magical girl anime and decided to include it in his game and you somehow got the role by some freak coincidence, I'd eat my shoe (i wouldn't really, though—that's needlessly dangerous).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom