• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I'll be kinda relieved if I end up lynched day one. I'm way out of my depth in this setting. I think that's contributing to how people are reading me. Yes, my reads were an attempt to fit in, because I usually don't read on the first day. I'm really grabbing at whatever I can at this point. I'm trying to keep up, but it doesn't feel like it's enough. I feel like I'm getting scumread for saying something, and for not saying enough at the same time. This is game 5 for me if you count the one I subbed in for. I was not ready for this. Sorry. I'll try and do better. Just give me a little bit to go back through and try to reply to everyone.

I do apologize for my inactivity, folks. I'm afraid I reverted back to my old ways of trying to run from confrontation, which really doesn't work here. I thought I had overcome it, but I clearly still have work to do

....And caught up. I missed so much while in classes. First things first:

Unvote

Second thing's second: If I get killed, is it possible to use abilities from the dead? I'd love to gain the vig power. Lol. Probably not, that'd be OP. Unless it was a zombie game.

Sorry. Rambling about nothing again.

I'm not liking Minish too much, defending funnier at this point seems a bit suicidal. I'm less sure of Rubik than ever, but if we kill funnier we may get more information. I'm pretty okay with Irvine, I can see where he's coming from.

I'll try and be more active the rest of today into tomorrow. Got less classes.
Oh. Oops. I left this open in a background window so I don't forget where I was so there is less confusion as to where to catch up from. I guess every time I'm on the internet it thinks I'm online now.

Day three everyone! Kinda sad I didn't gain anything last night. Ah well.
Gonna join the Minish wagon. So

Can I just throw in that I feel like scum killed Ex because he was the most likely to defend me, and I seem to the the prime scapegoat? And they know I won't likely be able to defend myself with the way things have been going. I'm going to bloody well try though. Could just be being self absorbed here though.

I consider myself to be fairly good at reading inexperienced players, and the bolded sections are sections where I think Silverfish doesn't think to try to leave lines like that in order to be townread (I admit the second one and the second to last one are weaker than the others)

They have a very self-centered perspective on the game (I do not mean this as an insult btw; its a good way to play) but its presented in such a way that I don't feel like I'm being lied to in any way. When a new player rolls scum, there usually isn't any kind of thought projected about, for example, why scum would've killed someone who was townreading that player. I think its mainly because new players tend to think that people are nightkilled for their opinions rather than anything else (which is usually only the case in the early game)

I should also say that my goal is not to convince you that I am right and that you should share my opinion, but rather, to explain why my townread on Silver has persisted for so long. Speaking specifically to Lar, you said that my townread on Subaru shouldn't have been as strong as it was in the most recently completed game on FFR, which I disagreed with and still do disagree with.

I can confidently say that my townread on Silver was not likely to be misfounded (there's a very minimal chance he's 3p but I think its very unlikely given he appeared willing to counterclaim rubik) and that I am more confident that he is town after looking back at the old posts.

no tier is in any significant order

Town
sunfan- its a soulread.

Minish- I explained why already; its entirely 100% a metaread, but I think its a good one. The way she came back at Lar is the most strong aspect of this read.

rubik- is trying to use his role to confirm people and he dunked funnier. Would just be perplexed if he was mafia honestly.

Silver- explained in my post above, its a read that I think I am very unlikely to be wrong on.

pretty town

fg- role she's softing is townie, way she's playing not so much. If Irvine somehow flips scum, I'd be fine moving her up a tier because their back and forth earlier today was not w/w ever I don't think.

still no idea will probably just have to kill them at some point

lg- I straight don't have a read and ISOing probably isn't going to help me with this one.

Lar- something kinda has to give... and I have much stronger townreads on minish rubik silver and even fg. I can't really point to anything and say "yeah this is why we should kill that jerk" but I just have stronger reads elsewhere (would def lynch LG before lar though, of course). Will have a better idea of Lar after tonight, I think (Yes I am still "targeting" Rubik)

pending
Irvine and SMS- whatever I say here has the potential to be invalidated by Irvine's flip, but I think the way Irvine voted for himself was likely to be scummy until I read something Pen said, and now I'm thinking its very likely that he flips town. If Irvine flips scum, I'll be very surprised that Pen banned him from his future games because funnier did the same thing where he was probably just trying to cut down on the time that town has in the day, and didn't say anything to funnier about it. I think I share rubik's view (at this point; I didn't earlier) that Irvine flipping town isn't necessarily damning for SMS.

scummy

All Might- Had a post earlier in the phase where it was just "Ugh this whole thing... there's just something off about it" or w/e; that's probably the first time I've felt comfortable calling him scum without sheeping Minish. Saying words but there's not too much weight behind them; would lynch quite happily at this point. Fits into a ton of worlds.

Ragnar- Same as Lar in that something has to give and I just have stronger reads elsewhere. I should briefly say that, if 2 wolves die after this post and Irvine is town AND Ragnar is alive, and the last wolf is a ninja, that Ragnar is lock clear based on the info that I have, which is kind of a lot all at once but I don't really have a read on that slot anymore. Differs from LG in that, when LG is here, it has felt to me like she is saying words, whereas I haven't gotten that feeling about this slot in a while.

p sure killing all might, ragnar and potentially SMS pending what happens with Irvine and what SMS has to say tomorrow should he make it there puts town in a mighty-fine position

Would be very surprised if any of my strong townreads were wrong

I feel pretty good about the game tbh; feels like a town win is likely even if Irvine flips town, which I think he will

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Everyone who made full reads is my hero

Yes even the one who keeps be wishy easy about his read on me.

If Irvine flips town then any remaining town PRs need to lock SMS in place tonight. The only thing that would make me think he didn't just set Irvine up in this situation is that nobody countered his soft, but I don't feel like taking the chance. Said at the time it seemed like possible PR hunting and if SMS has a partner well hidden it wouldn't be a crazy trade on his part--doctor/blocker is a strong role to trade for. Remember, the way SMS went about it he could have absolutely "confirmed" Irvine was telling the truth by making him claim first.

This is IF Irvine flips town

I had quotes to respond to but frankly none of it matters now. Silverfish case requires 100% faith in SunFan and I'll let you know when I get it---Rubik should hopefully be able to confirm him. Minish and LG started putting in serious work and that's awesome. We probably still need to resolve Funnygurl and if SMS is telling the truth then he's suggested what I would already

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i went back and forth on whether to post this today but i decided i will because it'll affect my targeting decisions tonight.

@Rubik i you're aware of the players which target you, did i target you last night?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
alright, thank you

Pen

The game is on!
Day 3 Final Vote Tally:
Funnygurl555 - 1 (Rubik)
Morbid Minish - 2 (MixMasterLar, Silverfish)
Irvine - 6 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ragnarokio, The Sun Fan, Funnygurl555, LittleGumball, Irvine)

Not voting - Morbid Minish, All Might

Today felt like the fastest day yet! It’s crazy how time flies when you’re having fun, right? Well, I can’t say I was having all that much fun, if I’m being honest. All I did was eavesdrop while a group of otherworldly beings talked about which one of them to lynch next. Soon enough they were in an agreement though and the lynch candidate was Irvine. The lynch helmet was put onto his head and he just gazed dreamingly into nothing in particular in front of him. And his lips were sealed until the execution button was ultimately pushed. Not overly pleased with the day’s results the individuals went to their rooms to sleep.

Irvine was Violet Evergarden (from Violet Evergarden), the Soldier Maiden.

mwcStCV.png

The living (10):
@Rubik
@The Sun Fan
@Spiritual Mask Salesman
@Morbid Minish
@All Might
@Funnygurl555
@Ragnarokio
@Silverfish
@LittleGumball
@MixMasterLar

The dead (8):
All Might - Ryo Kurokiba, the Fish Chef (lynched day 1)
Johnny Sooshi - Holo, the Harvest Deity (killed night 1)
Morbid Minish - Chika Fujiwara, the Cheater (killed night 1)
funnier6 - Ryunosuke Akutagawa, the Hellhound (lynched day 2)
ExLight - Saki Morimi, the Observer (killed night 2)
DekuNut - Hideyoshi Kinoshita, the Trap (mod killed night 2)
Laurentus - Yui Hirasawa, the Guitarist (mod killed night 2)
Irvine - Violet Evergarden, the Soldier Maiden (lynched day 3)

Night 3 Begins!

Those of you with active power roles, please PM me your night actions before Monday, September 9th 2019 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20190909T19&p0=179&msg=End+of+Night+3&font=slab&csz=1

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
I went to the loo in the middle of the night and heard a curious noise. As I sneaked in the direction of the sound I could hear that it was someone running and panting desperately while trying unsuccessfully to be quiet. It was Funnygurl555 and she ran past me in the corridor. I managed to hide behind a plant just in time. I kept following though, and between the exhausted breaths I could hear her mumbling:

“Oh man, I gotta get to the bathroom before it’s too late!” I was relieved it was nothing more serious than that but then someone stepped up right in front of Funnygurl555, blocking her path to the bathroom. “Come on, please let me pass! It’s an emergency!” Funnygurl555 said while stomping in place.

“Sorry but I can’t allow that,” the stranger replied. “Because I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t have shown us that kind of mercey.” I could see now that this was the same caped man I had seen a few nights prior, and his head was apparently bald.

“What the hell do you mean?” Funnygurl555 exclaimed in desperation. “I’m about to pee my pants here!” Alas, with no more words spoken the bald man punched Funnygurl555 and that was the end of it.

On my way back I did my best not to get spotted by any of these dangerous fellows. As it happens I saw MixMasterLar through the window. He was sneaking around the garden outside for some reason. And there was somebody else out there too; the same little girl that I’d seen kill before. At first I thought she’d sneak up on MixMasterLar but it turns out she made her presence known to him willingly.

“Oh hi there, sweetie! Aren’t you the suspicious one? Sneaking around out here in the dead of night.” The scary girl said.

“The same could be said about you,” MixMasterLar responded and thereafter tried to run away as quickly as he could, but the evil girl threw her scissor sword after him and it pierced MixMasterLar’s back and killed him instantly.

The morning that followed felt very much like the morning of the day before. After the quiet breakfast the beings walked to the train station and this time went to Shibuya. Of course I followed. Here I saw the largest pedestrian crossing I’d ever seen before! Anyway, as usual they walked through town until they reached another hostel where they continued their talk.

Funnygurl555 was Dandy (from Space Dandy), the Alien Hunter.

MixMasterLar was Takagi (from Skilled Teaser Takagi-san), the Skilled Teaser.

yAmA94s.png

b7ol7VF.png

The living (8):
@Rubik
@The Sun Fan
@Spiritual Mask Salesman
@Morbid Minish
@All Might
@Ragnarokio
@Silverfish
@LittleGumball

The dead (10):
All Might - Ryo Kurokiba, the Fish Chef (lynched day 1)
Johnny Sooshi - Holo, the Harvest Deity (killed night 1)
Morbid Minish - Chika Fujiwara, the Cheater (killed night 1)
funnier6 - Ryunosuke Akutagawa, the Hellhound (lynched day 2)
ExLight - Saki Morimi, the Observer (killed night 2)
DekuNut - Hideyoshi Kinoshita, the Trap (mod killed night 2)
Laurentus - Yui Hirasawa, the Guitarist (mod killed night 2)
Irvine - Violet Evergarden, the Soldier Maiden (lynched day 3)
Funnygurl555 - Dandy, the Alien Hunter (killed night 3)
MixMasterLar - Takagi, the Skilled Teaser (killed night 3)

Day 4 Begins!

With 8 players alive it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, September 12th 2019 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20190912T19&p0=179&msg=End+of+Day+4&font=slab&csz=1

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I'm presuming we don't have a counterclaim on sms's one punch man vig claim, which narrows the PoE a good amount.

We know that rag probably didn't commit the nk 2 nights ago from Irvine's claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom