• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Animal Crossing: What Draws You In?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
With a new Animal Crossing game on the horizon for this year, I’d like to ask fellow fans of the series: what draws you in? What do you like about the series?

For me, I would say the simplicity draws me in. I’m not usually a fan of simulation games, but Animal Crossing has a charm like no other. It’s almost comforting in a way; it feels like a home in Nintendo’s world, a place I can always come back to after having exciting adventures in other games. It’s a place where I can go to chill and spend some peaceful time with my favorite villagers and unwind doing mundane things. I guess it’s almost like an escape of sorts. The idea of Animal Crossing just makes me happy, I guess.

What about the rest of you? What draws you into the series?

I was intrigued by the hype around New Leaf, much like Fire Emblem until Awakening, Animal Crossing games were hard to find until New Leaf.

New Leaf was my first AC game and it was okay but since there was no goal or no interesting NPCs or story it didn't hold my attention for long.

I'm interested in AC Switch but it needs to do more than New Leaf did. I could find it fun if there was more urgency or just more fun to it.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Nothing about AC looks appealing or engaging. It's just an insipid chore simulator/collectathon in concept and in practice. Oh yeah, and the artstyle's heinous.

Nothing. Animal Crossing literally has no appeal; and it's a strange phenomenon that it's so addicting despite this. I can't explain to people why I play it because when you strip it down, you basically just catch bugs and fish and retrieve things for neighbors. There's no way to describe it in a way that makes it exciting.

That said, I personally find completing the bug and fish lists to be the most fun aspect of the game; and is usually what most of my motivation to play is based upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom