• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Animal Crossing Switch Hopes

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
So now that we have confirmation that Animal Crossing is coming to the Switch in 2019, what do you hope to see? Aesthetically, I hope it looks at least as good as that Isabelle reveal trailer, cuz damn that looked good. But I have three main wishes that I really, really want:

1. ACTUAL CHARACTER CREATION like in pocket camp. I’m kinda tired of needing a guide to get the face I want and then waiting weeks to get the hair saloon to also get the hair I want. As a side note, a wider variety of color options would be greatly appreciated.
2. VILLAGERS CANT MOVE IN ON TOP OF MY PATHS AND RUIN ALL MY HARD WORK. That was the sole reason I never let anyone move out in New Leaf, I didn’t want anyone new to move in and destroy the paths I worked so hard to create. Let us either pick spots for them to move into or designate things as offlimits, whatever works.
3. When we have multiple characters in the same town let me see the one I’m not playing as walking around or in their home or something. Yknow, treat them like they exist.

What about the rest of you? What are you hoping to see in the new game?

Isabelle is too busy being in Smash that she won't be in Animal Crossig switch. Don't ignore Tom Nook taking care of business at the end of the trailer Nintendo. That has to mean something.

Bringing back the improved storage system added in Welcome Amiibo, except not blocking it behind a house upgrade. Let me store stuff while I keep my house tiny. Or let me get a second room without requiring to make my first room unreasonably huge. That room is impossible to furnish at that size.

Consider adding storage expansions to the letter storage too. Cleaning out letters is factually worse than cleaning out item storage. you still cant delete letters while indoors

A second shot at getting a neighbor who moved away to come back to town. This has been possible since Wild World if the neighbor in question happens to move away to the town of someone you linked with, and then back again. But consider how after awhile in New Leaf, past villagers hang out on Main Street, having a way to invite them back to town. So close but so far. :(

Keep house centipedes as a catchable bug.

So now that we have confirmation that Animal Crossing is coming to the Switch in 2019, what do you hope to see?
Amiibo Festival 2?

Just kidding :)

Personally I just want something very similar to the Gamecube game. In my opinion that is the best Animal Crossing game so far. Similar but better of cause.

Quin

Disaster Master
FYI the new leaf update made one of your wishes come true already. Villagers won't move in on patterns anymore.

Quin

Disaster Master
I think they do then, but as long as there is pattern free room, your orchard is safe. Welcome amiibo added a lot of small neat stuff

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
FYI the new leaf update made one of your wishes come true already. Villagers won't move in on patterns anymore.
Are you sure? I got that update and Ketchup still moved in on top of my paths. Though I may be misremembering when she moved in exactly.... Either way, I played for quite a bit after that update but I didn’t know this. I hope they carry that over to the new game.

Quin

Disaster Master
Villagers being a dick to you again. Atleast the cranky and snooty ones. New leaf nerfed all the villagers and made them very boring. I have no hopes for this though.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
For everyone not to be passive aggressive
Villagers being a dick to you again.
hqdefault.jpg

Honestly I like it better when they're not like this. I like AC better as a more relaxing and nice world to get lost in. I would prefer the dialogue to be like it was in New Leaf.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Let me have a yard to customize like in HHD, put some of the Amiibo Festival mini games in via consoles like they did in Welcome Amiibo and like AZ said full character customization at the beginning.

Quin

Disaster Master
hqdefault.jpg

Honestly I like it better when they're not like this. I like AC better as a more relaxing and nice world to get lost in. I would prefer the dialogue to be like it was in New Leaf.

Then don't talk to cranky or snooty characters? Don't take away their personality. Now literally every villager sucks your dick in New leaf. Its boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom