• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ancient Cistern Video

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
YouTube user NintanDaanNC, famous for posting videos from the Nintendo Channel, has posted a video, in Japanese, about a place called the Ancient Cistern.

[video=youtube;o7-XOuLR-9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o7-XOuLR-9A[/video]

EDIT: Also, there is this video of Floria Lake... which means no Lake Hylia.

[video=youtube;KZCMJ4mQ4TM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KZCMJ4mQ4TM[/video]

I'll make a more in depth post and explain the videos when I'm not so tired...

What do you think of this new piece of info? Explain your thoughts below.
~ZH

vcdomith

Mad Artist
I'll point out some notorious things in the videos:
-Swimming in SS will be very same to Zora swimming in MM
-The Whip was re-desingned
-The Ancient Cistern is the water temple(I'm not confirming anything, just expeculating)
-There's a dark-side Ancient Cistern, plus, the enemies are corrupted too, e.g. the "zombie" bokoblins
-The dragon creature isn't Silent Realm related, and it looks like she's not very "healthy"

EDIT:Link has taken lessons with Mario, to know how to work with Pipes XD

Last edited:
These videos are definetely something to talk about. Lake Hylia has been the main water region for the Zelda franchise and for them to change this around, could raise a whole bunch of questions. Like, how will this Floria Lake go into Ocarina of Time? The Ancient Cistern kind of looks as if it is the Sand Temple or Spirit Temple. I mean there is no water or earth around in the video, so it seems as the best fit. These are really interesting and I am surprised I have not found these on ZeldaDungeon yet.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
These videos are definetely something to talk about. Lake Hylia has been the main water region for the Zelda franchise and for them to change this around, could raise a whole bunch of questions. Like, how will this Floria Lake go into Ocarina of Time? The Ancient Cistern kind of looks as if it is the Sand Temple or Spirit Temple. I mean there is no water or earth around in the video, so it seems as the best fit. These are really interesting and I am surprised I have not found these on ZeldaDungeon yet.
Actually there is water in ancient cistern, more, there're water pipes, lillypads and it's located in Floria Lake

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Lake Floria looks more like TP's Zora Domain than anything else to me. Given that all the other games have had a Zora's Domain of some kind separated from the main Lake Hylia (or Zora Hall and Great Bay in MM), this makes me believe we could still get a larger body of water that will act as the "Lake Hylia" of SS.

Also, the Water Dragon bears Farore's symbol, which is usually not associated with the water element. The Ancient Cistern certainly seems to be the dungeon associated with Lake Floria, even if it doesn't seem directly connected geographically with the lake. At any rate, the simple fact that the Water Dragon bears Farore's symbol furthers my belief there is another water region in SS we don't know about.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Nice find! There we see that new Water race again, what could it be?

I'm thinking they'll be "Florias," where the lake gets its name from, or vice versa.

The Water Temple looks exquisite in every detail! Even the eeriness of the zombie room can't belittle its beauty.

Last edited:
Also, the Water Dragon bears Farore's symbol, which is usually not associated with the water element. The Ancient Cistern certainly seems to be the dungeon associated with Lake Floria, even if it doesn't seem directly connected geographically with the lake. At any rate, the simple fact that the Water Dragon bears Farore's symbol furthers my belief there is another water region in SS we don't know about.
Farore's Symbol was something I immediately noticed as well. The waterfall pond area that Link dives into is part of the province where Faron Woods is found, so it's very possible this is perhaps the water source for the forest, or something along those lines, and we'll be seeing another water area.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
Farore's Symbol was something I immediately noticed as well. The waterfall pond area that Link dives into is part of the province where Faron Woods is found, so it's very possible this is perhaps the water source for the forest, or something along those lines, and we'll be seeing another water area.
Well, if we're going to see another water area , it could only be in the 3rd Province(Desert One?), this would be very weird, don't you think?

vcdomith

Mad Artist
The Ancient Cistern boss name is Da-Irugoma, Ehh...It got the name Gohma, without the "h" in it's name, because it haves various arms like spiders?

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'll point out some notorious things in the videos:
-Swimming in SS will be very same to Zora swimming in MM
-The Whip was re-desingned
-The Ancient Cistern is the water temple(I'm not confirming anything, just expeculating)
-There's a dark-side Ancient Cistern, plus, the enemies are corrupted too, e.g. the "zombie" bokoblins
-The dragon creature isn't Silent Realm related, and it looks like she's not very "healthy"

EDIT:Link has taken lessons with Mario, to know how to work with Pipes XD

The swimming reminds me more of Super Mario Galaxy. I hope the controls work better for skyward sword than it does for Super Mario Galaxy.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
So we've seen Eldin, a little bit of Faron, so now I gess is Lanayru?

EDIT: There seems to be confirmed Blue Zol's and Gels. Or Chu Chu's....

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
So we've seen Eldin, a little bit of Faron, so now I gess is Lanayru?

EDIT: There seems to be confirmed Blue Zol's and Gels. Or Chu Chu's....
This is still Faron. Eldin appears to be to the North (I think I see a large volcano up there, faded out), so we can deduce that Lanayru must be to the West. I expect it to contain a desert as well as an ocean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom