• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ancient Cistern Video

I don't actually think this is the water tampel. It is water related but skyview is to. This leads me to believe( well this and the sybols) that there is a bigger lake or sea and there is a water dungeon

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I don't actually think this is the water tampel. It is water related but skyview is to. This leads me to believe( well this and the sybols) that there is a bigger lake or sea and there is a water dungeon

It is definitely the Water themed dungeon. This is because Link enters a temple door at the end of the Floria Video, and the door bears a striking resemblance to the Ancient Cistern dungeon.

Does anyone think it possible that there could be a snowy region in the Eldin Province? Maybe at the opposite end away from the volcano. It would make sense considering how the province is mountanous and far to the north.

Does anyone think it possible that there could be a snowy region in the Eldin Province? Maybe at the opposite end away from the volcano. It would make sense considering how the province is mountanous and far to the north.

Yes! I'm sure there will be a snow region.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
I don't know if the whip was redesigned or possibly upgraded? (Or this is possibly a downgraded version?)
It actually was a re-design and not an upgrade(or downgrade) beacuse in the Japanese Oficial Site there's a pic that Link is getting it from a chest
EDIT:her's the image:
SS_Ancient_Cistern_4.jpg

Last edited:

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
@Yonatesf: I don't think so, because it (the Skull Whip) was shown to be used against the dungeon boss, but now the other whip is used. But it would be a cool upgrade design.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
The sound effect that plays right when "The Illuma" attacks, when it's rearing up its fists, is epic sounding.

The Ancient Cistern and its whole "Asian" elements to it make it look so amazing. Like how in the middle of the dungeon there is a large statue, half-submerged in clear water with lily pads all around..... beautiful.....

Overall, up to this point, the game is looking absolutely FABULOUS!!! X)

The Iluma boss is the coolest looking battle yet announced for Skyward Sword.

Ancient Cistern connected to Cave of Old Stones, interesting. SS is revolutionizing the concept of dungeons.

The sound effect that plays right when "The Illuma" attacks, when it's rearing up its fists, is epic sounding.

The Ancient Cistern and its whole "Asian" elements to it make it look so amazing. Like how in the middle of the dungeon there is a large statue, half-submerged in clear water with lily pads all around..... beautiful.....

Overall, up to this point, the game is looking absolutely FABULOUS!!! X)

Yes, those sound effects are amazing!

Link must steal Iluma's sword with his whip during the second phase when the boss is mobile!

Last edited:
I think The Illuma will be translated as The Illumina, seeing as the engrish is Du Irunouma. Also, here's a picture of the second boss phase with legs.

2j41py1.png

C

CladInShadows

I see no reason to believe that this is not the same lake Hylia as in OOT, etc. Now while I haven't been following information on this game too closely so I may be misinformed, I understand that the only humans living in the world at the beginning of this story are those in skyloft yes? So it's probable that after the events of SS when the Hylian "kingdom" is formed, that they as the dominant power in the area rename the existing lake after themselves. This is quite common as different peoples rise to power and spread their influence and culture throughout the surrounding areas.

In the same way I'm quite certain that Eldin volcano is at some time after the events of SS to be renamed Death Mountain, possibly due to some event that takes place there.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
i think the ancient cistern is a merge of light/shadow and water. so its crazy. i think 7 dungeons for this game. and this dungeon looks awesome. so excited =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom