• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Analyzing the Various Theories Explaining BOTW’s Timeline Placement

I agree with everything you said and just wanted to clarify on this point, especially that a lot of the evidence we have isn’t great. I was assuming for the Child Timeline to work better that the sages in TP were the same as those in OoT, and they somehow awoke through other means.

Sheik says the OoT sages will awaken when ''evil rules all''. Since this prophecy doesn't come to pass in the CT, it's pretty safe to assume that the TP sages are not the same ones from OoT.

Also, the events of OoT are retold from the POV of the Zora. In fact, the way the HoT is remembered might be indicative of a DT placement, as well; on the AT, he's remembered and revered as being this almost messiah like figure, and in the CT he's forgotten. In the world of BotW, he's remembered unlike in the CT, but only as just another hero(hence why instead of using his official title, they just included a generic, non capitalized ''hero of legend'' title which is used for other heroes in the DT). This is especially sensible due to the fact that there have been many heroes since the Hero of Time in the DT to drive back the Demon King, whereas the HoT was the only one to do so prior to the Hero of Winds in the AT.

I’ll also try to avoid basing evidence on factors that have varied sporadically in the past, like Hyrule’s layout. I will refer to them, but only if a pattern seems to arise with the timeline. Finally, I’ll try to include things that could be seen as evidence, even if they are just references. Also, NO DLC COSTUMES will be addressed as they are not canon.

Even though the thief who stole the items, and hid them is a canon character? :shrug: Okay. More importantly, Ill just leave this dusty old link here.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Even though the thief who stole the items, and hid them is a canon character? :shrug: Okay. More importantly, Ill just leave this dusty old link here.

The costumes themselves might be canon, but we can’t make any timeline judgements on them because there’s no reasonable way they’re the genuine artifact.
Thanks for the link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom