• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Analyzing the GDC '11 Trailer

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
What I thinks about that figure at the end of trailer: it is a he (ever heard of transvestives?)
He doesn't seem to be wearing anything but a robe (like Midna).
He may be a Twili since he can teleport.
In contrast to guess above, he may also be a Shiekah because of his abilities and make-up.
He may be the sub-antagonist (just another boss) (like Zant)
This game may in fact describe what the interlopers did inreaction to their banishment. Maybe one was able to leave WITHOUT the aid of some other force, and tried to free his people.
Another user stated that this figure is sitting on the hilt of the ? sword. If this character is infact an antagonist, he
is a playful one and we can expect a teleporting maniac (yes! Zant all over again, yay!) during his boss fight.
Or if he's a subject of aid in the game, we will have to discover the main antagonist or sub-antagonist ourselves.

Another thing I want to bring up. The skeleton with the four (or six, I don't quite remember) arms would actually be considered a mini-boss. Think about it. The majority of minibosses are fought up close to them, while many boss battles are fought from a distance or on the boss itself (Flying Gyorgs, Minish Cap). This could mean that the giant moblin with a discardable wooden shield may be a mini-boss or just another from-time-to-time enemy.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Something to note is his health doesn't go down at any point in the trailer, even when he gets hit.
We can assume that the health and shield meters were "disabled" in this version of the game.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
It DID go down a little... Or is it because the player was playing on a beta version? >_>

It... didn't. o_O But probably. He didn't have any Rupees on him either.

Something to note is his health doesn't go down at any point in the trailer, even when he gets hit.
We can assume that the health and shield meters were "disabled" in this version of the game.

He never got hit. He dodged all of the monsters' attacks and shielded once. But like enemytracker also said, it probably is another version of the game. It's still being worked on, after all.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
It... didn't. o_O But probably. He didn't have any Rupees on him either.

He never got hit. He dodged all of the monsters' attacks and shielded once. But like enemytracker also said, it probably is another version of the game. It's still being worked on, after all.
He gets hit by the large Bokoblin/Moblin creature with the wooden shield.

Those bosses at the end looked impressive. Although I'm disappointed with the choice of music for this trailer, I have a feeling that Nintendo has some stashed tunes that they are saving for the release.

Also, that puzzle thing to open the door looked very cool. Probably involving twisting the Wiimote to fit that thing in the door. I'm more excited for this than I've ever been!

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Yea, I also loved how the Golden Statue looked and the Stalfos and I bet at E3 2011 the trailer will be the best Zelda trailer ever because I bet the music and the new places they show us will be just or as more epic then what the GDC 2011 trailer showed us:).

The mysterious/fruity guy from the trailer could be a rival or ally to Link, since we don't have the details yet. Heck, maybe the Fairy Girl is the villian!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
He gets hit by the large Bokoblin/Moblin creature with the wooden shield.

As Locke pointed out just a few posts ago, he backflipped and avoided it.

The IGN Rewind video posted on Zelda Dungeon's front page gives a few slow-motion scenes of the trailer. The shot where he was fighting with the giant Moblin-like creature was one of the ones that were played in slow motion (and reverse as well), so you can go take a look at that if you're not convinced. ^_^

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Did anyone else pick up on the fact that if you raise your shield just as a stalfos strikes with its sword that you can knock its arms off. I think it was a nice touch on the combat.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
The new sword... To me it looks like MC's version of the White Sword, but that would merely be a design choice.

And this new character (let's call him/her Diamond, it's better than the other names people have been proposing), anyway Diamond looks likely to be another "fake" villian, along the lines of Zant or Aghanim. And he looks nothing like Link's sword-fairy compainion. The resemblence to the Guilded Sword is spot-on, but again this is likely a design choice. Hm.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
I wanna say that Diamond (I like Startimers name best) is a Sheika...simply because he/she had to snap in order to teleport. Sheik is the only character I know of that has to snap her (Sorry. I see her as a female still. I hope I don't offend in saying 'she'.) fingers in order to teleport. She snaps her fingers, there is a blinding flash, and she's gone. (Because I doubt she could have climbed that tree in the time it took for a deku nut to detonate.) Now, I simply cannot make the assumption that Diamond is evil, nor good.

Also, because the trailer ended with Diamond vanishing, I'm tempted to say he/she isnt the main villain. After all, why would they show off the main villain so clearly? Face it, Nintendo loves watching their fans scramble for reasons behind their madness. Again, I cannot be positive about anything, no one really can.

I loved the trailer. I was squealing with joy all 12 times I watched it. Just when I thought it was impossible to be more excited, this one trailer proves me wrong.

Also, because the trailer ended with Diamond vanishing, I'm tempted to say he/she isnt the main villain. After all, why would they show off the main villain so clearly? Face it, Nintendo loves watching their fans scramble for reasons behind their madness. Again, I cannot be positive about anything, no one really can

In addition to that, Diamond really just doesn't look like a villain to me. Sure, he's dark and mysterious, but he doesn't look appropriate for a villain role. At least, not in Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom