• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Analyzing the GDC '11 Trailer

Hey, did you notice that every time Link swings his sword in the trailer, the icon for the Skyward Sword Girl flashes?

If the indeterminately gendered "bad guy" is indeed another sword, I find it interesting that he/she can teleport. If he/she can teleport, can Skyward Sword Girl teleport also? Maybe this is how Link gets from Skyloft to Hyrule. In any case, I sense some kind of connection between the sword girl and the girl guy, based on their similar skin tones and diamond patterns.

Some people have suggested that the "bad guy" could be an interloper. Didn't the interlopers get banished to the twilight realm and become the Twili? Well, the Twili can teleport too, only they use black squares instead of purple and yellow diamonds (and a square is like a diamond...). The Twili also have very pale skin. People have also noticed that Zant had a thing for diamonds. Perhaps these "sword people" are what the Twili used to be before they became as they were in Twilight Princess. In TP we saw that twilight can transform/corrupt things: Link turned into a wolf, the enemies got Tron lines, etc. .
...So there might very well be interlopers in this game! Whoo!

Hey, we might even get to see Midna as a Sword Person; Twilight Princess never specifies how old she is or how old Twili can get.

I can't wait to play this game!!! :D

EDIT: Ooooh, hey, if that guy/girl/thing on top of the statue really is of the same race as the Skyward Sword Girl, what if he is somebody else's sword? Maybe that somebody else is the main bad guy.

Last edited:

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I figured out something new.

The harp icon bears a lot of similarity to Sheik's harp, noticed the curved edges. Perhaps it is a sacred instrument of the Sheikah.
Sheik_With_Harp.gif
harp.jpg

I believe the mystery person IS a villain. Not necessarily the main villain. We see at the end he was sitting on some gold object, that looks like the head of the gold statue boss. Also, I agree that if they DID change the design of the girl, that symbol wouldn't look like it does.

I kind of like the scene with Link chopping the bamboo up, albeit it doesn't totally fit the medieval status of Zelda. I'm still curious as to what role Zelda plays.

M

magicgfx

Just by looking at the picture of the guy/girl type "villain" I do not think "it" is actually a villain at all, or probably not the main one.

The white hair, to me, represents pureness and innocence. The purple under his eyes could very well play a part with the master sword.

The red and gold (er, purple and gold?) diamond pattern on the outer of his jacket likely represent some sort of royal status.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Alrite guys, enough with the whole Zordiana deal. It was faked by Zelda informer and ZD should correct some of their skyward sword info.

Anyways...

I don't think that one item is a hookshot, looks more like a bottle of energy or something similar. The "magic" bar appears to be an energy bar, so it could be used for both stamina and magic perhaps. The harp looks similar to both Sheiks harp and the Harp of Ages, we'll see. And this new character is clearly different from the sword's spirit...

that new item doesn't really seems like the hookshot, it looks like a bell
the harp looks a Sheiks harp, is it posable that link is a Sheikah in this game?
in about 0:17 in the trailer it appears to be an electricity based dungeon

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Villain's off to Sweden. (Ok, I'll stop with the Julian Assange references).

How do you guys think the Eastern/Aztec hybrid tones will play into this? I have a strong feeling that the sun, or even more likely, a bird representing the sun will be involved, as they are prominent symbols in these cultures. (Though the sun is a prominent figure on the Earth, period.)

What about the music, did it have that orchestrated feel?

And the Harp, is just awesome, I want one, though can we stop calling it one, it's a lyre. LYRE!

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
Oh, okay, so he's the villain of the game but not the villain.

Glad we cleared that up.

This is what I meant on my first post.

EDIT:

I noticed that there is a meter beneath the Life Meter... perhaps for how long you can have your shield in front of you.

Maybe it's not just how long you can have your shield in front of you, but also, how many times you can block an enemy's attack.

skywardsword.jpg Hmmmmm, about the gilded sword.
loz has a complicated timeline because everytime something makes sense, a new thing
allways F**Ks it up. so I think it's possible that new guy is some kind of gilded sword human form :)

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Actually, the icon on the D-pad looks like the same artwork for the Fairy Queen from the Wind Waker:

jhJWT.jpg 125px-Fairy_Queen.jpg

Sorry if the left picture is too small, but if you go to the front of this thread, you'll see a larger one.
Anyways, see the similarity? Looks pretty close alike to me i'd say.

Djinn

and Tonic
So far I was only disappointed at the lack of a magic meter again.

I suppose there are a few similarities between the two. But I could never think that they are the same person by any stretch of the imagination.

CRWc4.png
450px-Shad.png

Even a more slender version of Byrne by a few characteristics
345px-Byrne.png

I do not think he is a sheikah in any way either. As they almost always wear the eye of truth on their person somewhere and I cannot see one here. Of course it could be placed somewhere that is not easily seen in the few frames shown here. His appearance on top of a large object that later attacks Link indicates a villainous character of some kind. As Zant, Veran, and Vaati did the same in their games.

This may be pushing it a little bit, but during one shot of the trailer (the balancing tight rope scene) (0:28-0:31) there is a blurry figure in the background. Now, it is a little easier to grasp in the video than in the screenshot I have, but the outline and coloring of the figure looks like it has the potential to be one of three things:

1. Just a statue (maybe plays a role similar to the owl statues from previous games...it does look like it is placed next to a large door with a lock...possibly the boss door, and so maybe it is a save point for you prior to entering the boss room).

2. The thin head and body proportions make it look very similar to the Twili of TP (maybe it's a combo of #1 & #2 and is a statue of a Twili person).

3. A large and tall Oocca (this is the most interesting possibility to me, especially if this dungeon in the trailer is in Skyloft...maybe in the distant past Oocca were much larger than what they eventually became to be in TP. And once again it could be a statue of an Oocca).

Watch this scene in the trailer again to fully appreciate the figure.

Let me know what you think.

SSshot.jpg

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Maybe it's not just how long you can have your shield in front of you, but also, how many times you can block an enemy's attack.

It couldn't be. At one point in the trailer, Link tilted his shield up and the meter wasn't affected. o_O

It was during the Stalfos battle, at 00:49.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom