• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Analyzing the GDC '11 Trailer

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Well first of all, I think that he is she (Men should not have such long slender legs) . Second of all, it resembles Impa a bit. It's cloak has coat tails and it's hood looks kind of pointy. I wonder if it would look like the SS spirit with it's hood on. They certainly have the same skin tone.

And it also looks like we will get some element based temples, Fire Snow and Earth, are a few I see. I wonder if the desert is a temple.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Also, if that dark figure is an upside down Skultulla, then where is the string holding it up? Skulltulas have more than four legs, too.

That's true. We really can't say for sure yet, but I seriously doubt that it's Skull Kid. No hat or anything... And he would seem a little out of place if he was put where we saw him in the trailer.

The string can't be seen from that far away, though. We could only see the silhouette of the creature itself. Good point about the legs though. Maybe they changed the design of the Skulltula? Or maybe it's a completely new enemy?

Skull Kid in Skyward Sword? Hmm...

244pxskullkidtwilightpr.png
It's funny. The first time I noticed the silhouetted figure in the background, I thought it had a striking resemblance to one of the Majora's Mask Giants. It has a similar anatomy about it, but it is difficult to tell the size of the figure, so it's anyone's guess.

That room looks like it will be the room that you obtain the beetle, as it looks enclosed, surrounded by a chest, and looks to be inescapable before hitting numerous switches on tall pedestals. Therefore, it is likely possible, especially judging by the obtainable heart in that opening in the wall, that you are meant to explore where this figure is. We shall see when it's in our hands. Here's to hoping for a summer release. Progress seems to be moving long smoothly.

I noticed that there is a meter beneath the Life Meter... perhaps for how long you can have your shield in front of you. I personally don't like this at all, but...
jhJWT.png

(beneath the hearts...)

Also, to go along with Adelle or whatever that girl's name is being the Master Sword/Skyward Sword, Puzulis (that is not really the name of the character, but for purposes of not referring to him as "pale guy", I'm naming him after pumpkin man in my dream) has something resembling the Gilded Sword on his back:
189854_192251504140239_100000661725158_528953_4719444_n.jpg

and
GildedSword.jpg

So... that being said, if Adelle is the Master Sword, "Puzulis" could be the Gilded Sword. Sword people... sounds delicious...
Perhaps they are from the same race or something among those lines...

We'll never be sure until Nintendo releases some more information or the game itself.

Just because the strange character is standing on top of the statue thing doesn't mean he or she is powering it up. He or she could be powering the machine down if the events in the trailer are non chronological.

I specifically want to bring up that "villain character", so I might talk about the other stuff more later (although I will say that big guy with the shield is clearly a Moblin, meaning calling the other pig guys "Bokoblins" was not a mistake).

The character we see in the trailer who everyone keeps saying is the villain (even Vaati) is clearly the same character from the promotional artwork, who has been confirmed to be the spirit of the Skyward Sword. Just look:

Image from the trailer (provided by zeypher):
CRWc4.png

Skyward Sword from the promotional artwork:
SkywardSword.png

See? There are design differences, yes, but it goes without saying that we'd have those considering the original image was conceptual, and didn't even match the style of the final game. Skyward's Sword's face has vague features, so the facial appearance of the trailer version isn't that surprising, really. If you also look to a different point in the trailer, near the end when he/she teleports away, you can see the legs have a similar diamond pattern. The biggest difference is the cloak, but it's not that big of a jump.

Now, despite feminine features the version in the trailer looks kinda male, but that's also not too strange considering Aonuma said this:
The anatomy is too harshly dissimilar when comparing the two characters, even if the original was merely conceptual. Not to mention, the spirit, as seen in the conceptual artwork, is seen to be Link's companion when analyzing the d-pad in many scenes throughout the trailer.

The "villain":
-Caucasian in pigment color
-Has ears (pointy for that matter, increasing his chances of being a Shieka)
-Wears his hair down

The conceptual female spirit of the Skyward Sword:
-White skin color, lacking pigment
-No ears to be seen
-Retains a Great Fairy-like point atop her head

I will say that you are, indeed, correct about the pattern on their clothing, but that is not nearly enough to confirm, nay, provide a reasonable argument that the conceptual Skyward Sword Spirit has become the "villain" we see dissipate at the end of the trailer. Merely, this may provide a certain connection between the "villain" and Link's companion. This "villain" appears to be just that - a villain. He seems to be controlling the statue that attacks Link, and is there either before or after the battle to confront Link before disappearing.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Ahh... Finally, some actual NEWS for Skyward Sword. I have been waiting for this. :)

*Cracks knuckles*

Hmmm... In all honesty, I believe that mysterious figure does not really look like (I believe you all called her Zordania?) at all. I mean, they are similar, sure, but the face is almost completely different. More... like a man. Perhaps the two are from the same race of spirits-that-have-something-to-do-with-the-master-sword??

Anyway, this man...err female-looking man ...err very masculine female (???). Err...this metrosexual does certainly hit all the right "Evil" buttons for me. He/she certainly looks like he/she has his/her own agenda in mind, but doesnt really look like he/she may have "Big Bad" potential. Perhaps he/she is a "dragon" for the big bad, an underling to him if you will. Or maybe he/she's just doing whatever the hell he/she wants for the lulz. (Think Shiek from OoT ,though I doubt he/she is a Shiekah)
Edit: Damn! Ninja'd by those good forum posters above me XD

(...You know, this whole he/she business is really starting to irk me. From now one I will refer to the mysterious figure as either Shhkle, Shhkler, & Shhklim)

Anyway besides that mysterious figure and Shhklis as-of-yet unknown agenda, I really like the rest of this video. Its nice to see all the variety in monsters that we will soon be facing. The whole "swording fighting" mechanic of the game seems to be going well, allowing us to think on our feet instead of the regular ole button-mashing. It doesnt really have much room for actual strategy behind the way you fight , however. Its more like "swing like this to hit weak point". It certainly looks fun, but one has to wonder wether it will actually be filling for gameplay.

All in all, this video is good. I cant wait to see a video that will show off a bit of the overworld and other charecters, so that you'd get a peek behind the whole epicness of it and start seeing the finer details. Im getting a little tired of just seeing Link swing a sword.

Ps. Anyone have any idea's what the weakness behind that Rolling-Roly-Poly-Desert-Thing that was fighting Link in the desert area?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Just pointing out some things here.
1. The man on top of the statue is not the Skyward Sword, he doesn't even resemble the sword, and the biggest contradiction to that theory is the fact that the Skyward Sword appears on the bottom of the D-pad, looking exactly like she did in the artwork.
2. He is likely the villian, or a villian, one theory I heard is that there might be four, each one based off of a symbol in playing cards (this one being diamonds, since he has them all over his clothing and body, wears a diamond earring, and when he teleports he turns into diamonds)
3. He is male, he has masculine facial structure and body structure, although he has a very feminine appearence (make up, jewellry, posture), but feminine males are not something new.
4. Another theory is that just as the Skyward Sword is your companion, the Gilded Sword might be your villian (this is contradicted by the fact that the Gilded Sword is made in Majora's Mask, but there's a possibility that there might be more than one, and the resemblence is quite spot on)

4. Another theory is that just as the Skyward Sword is your companion, the Gilded Sword might be your villian (this is contradicted by the fact that the Gilded Sword is made in Majora's Mask, but there's a possibility that there might be more than one, and the resemblence is quite spot on)

In Majora's mask, the guilded sword was like the master sword, and since the game took place in an alternate demention of Hyrule, it would make sense that the opposite of a good guilded sword, is a bad one. (This also means that if the game takes place in termina the master sword could be bad.)

I think the Gilded Sword theory is a bit ridiculous. The Master Sword is a sword created by the gods and the Gilded Sword was made out of the Razor Sword and some gold dust. Not to mention it was made in Majora's Mask, which takes place far after Skyward Sword.

Megamannt125

Blue Link

In Majora's mask, the guilded sword was like the master sword, and since the game took place in an alternate demention of Hyrule, it would make sense that the opposite of a good guilded sword, is a bad one. (This also means that if the game takes place in termina the master sword could be bad.)
It's confirmed to take place in Hyrule.

Actually (referring to the mysterious lady (man?) on top of the boss.) the way she (he?) teleports is almost a striking resemblance to Zant's it is obviously she likes or is a thing for diamonds...

I think the skull kid/skulltula is actually a new type of monster but it is hard to judge from a far away distance...

Couple of theroies :P.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think the Gilded Sword theory is a bit ridiculous. The Master Sword is a sword created by the gods and the Gilded Sword was made out of the Razor Sword and some gold dust. Not to mention it was made in Majora's Mask, which takes place far after Skyward Sword.
They probably got their design from somewhere~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom