• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Analyzing the GDC '11 Trailer

No no, the face on the D pad totally looks just like the old artwork. Pointy fairy queen head and all. The thing on top of the golden statue looks like a shiekah!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Could some VM me the link to this trailer I'm really curious and want to contribute to talk of this Thread.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
No no, the face on the D pad totally looks just like the old artwork. Pointy fairy queen head and all. The thing on top of the golden statue looks like a shiekah!

Point is we don't know anything yet. It could be or could not be. The game is definitely not done. And anything said is just speculation. And the icon on the d-pad looked like it had similar hair to the dude or girl in the trailer. Well at least to me. So far it only make sense for it to be the spirit of the Skyward Sword.

The icon on the bottom D-pad looks exactly like the sword's spirit from the first artwork. Also, if that dark figure is an upside down Skultulla, then where is the string holding it up? Skulltulas have more than four legs, too.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Finally someone agrees with me. That character whoever it may be as we really can't say at this point right now does not look main villain material. It clearly looks like a villain from what we saw (or as Axle said the spirit of the sword) but what were people saying about Zant in Twilight Princess? Exactly. I still have high hopes for Ganon in whatever form to be the main villain or someone who looks more serious and menacing if we can't have Ganon.

EDIT: I saw the trailer yet another time and it looks as if Axle may be 100% correct. Even though it looks like he or she is attacking you from that boss battle at the end of the trailer it could just be how they meet until whatever happens later on in the game as we don't know anything yet.

This character just looks too menacing to me. I think it's a villain, though I won't say that it's the main one. There is a slight resemblance to this character and the Skyward Sword spirit, but we know almost nothing about the story for this game. For all we know, this could be another sword spirit (or something to that effect) that isn't your friend, while the nice sword spirit is your sidekick.

Or he could, in fact, be a Dark Interloper like other people have guessed and is the beginning of the Twili race, with all this dark magic and whatnot. And maybe your Skyward Sword sidekick is also part of the beginning of the Twili race, so that's why they look sortof the same. And at the end of the game, the goddesses rid her of her Twili-ness (idk, lol) and she becomes the Master Sword (since she's pure now, she is able to banish all evil - just like the Master Sword). Then you use her to defeat the creepy-looking dude/chick and he is sentenced to the Twilight Realm through the Mirror of Twilight. A crappy theory, yes. But it's not like there's any evidence against it.

I'm not trying to put down your theory, I'm just listing a bunch of other options that could fit in with the whole "looks like the SS spirit" category; trying to get more ideas out there for speculation. At this point, anything is possible.

And he looks more like a clown than anything else (in my opinion), lol.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I specifically want to bring up that "villain character", so I might talk about the other stuff more later (although I will say that big guy with the shield is clearly a Moblin, meaning calling the other pig guys "Bokoblins" was not a mistake).

The character we see in the trailer who everyone keeps saying is the villain (even Vaati) is clearly the same character from the promotional artwork, who has been confirmed to be the spirit of the Skyward Sword. Just look:

Image from the trailer (provided by zeypher):
CRWc4.png

Skyward Sword from the promotional artwork:
SkywardSword.png

See? There are design differences, yes, but it goes without saying that we'd have those considering the original image was conceptual, and didn't even match the style of the final game. Skyward's Sword's face has vague features, so the facial appearance of the trailer version isn't that surprising, really. If you also look to a different point in the trailer, near the end when he/she teleports away, you can see the legs have a similar diamond pattern. The biggest difference is the cloak, but it's not that big of a jump.

Now, despite feminine features the version in the trailer looks kinda male, but that's also not too strange considering Aonuma said this:

I think this is probable, even though the image on the D-Pad does look the same as the promotional art. The sword may only serve as means of speaking with this character. Think of the image you see there as sort of how in Twilight Princess when you talk to Midna as a human she only appears to be a shadow of the figure. When you talk to this character, there may be the same sort of affect.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
This character just looks too menacing to me. I think it's a villain, though I won't say that it's the main one. There is a slight resemblance to this character and the Skyward Sword spirit, but we know almost nothing about the story for this game. For all we know, this could be another sword spirit (or something to that effect) that isn't your friend, while the nice sword spirit is your sidekick.

Or he could, in fact, be a Dark Interloper like other people have guessed and is the beginning of the Twili race, with all this dark magic and whatnot. And maybe your Skyward Sword sidekick is also part of the beginning of the Twili race, so that's why they look sortof the same. And at the end of the game, the goddesses rid her of her Twili-ness (idk, lol) and she becomes the Master Sword (since she's pure now, she is able to banish all evil - just like the Master Sword). Then you use her to defeat the creepy-looking dude/chick and he is sentenced to the Twilight Realm through the Mirror of Twilight. A crappy theory, yes. But it's not like there's any evidence against it.

I'm not trying to put down your theory, I'm just listing a bunch of other options that could fit in with the whole "looks like the SS spirit" category; trying to get more ideas out there for speculation. At this point, anything is possible.

And he looks more like a clown than anything else (in my opinion), lol.

I can actually agree with this too. It could be an evil opposite to the Skyward Sword, it seems as a good possibility. But as of now it's just speculation so who knows.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
The guy at the end of the trailer and the girl from the concept art from 2009 are not the same people, you can tell because the fairy girl icon is on the D-pad down and the guy at the end does not look like her (but I still don't think the guy at the end is the villain).

Why wouldn't he be the villain? He clearly powers the gold boss shown in the trailer with some dark magic or something -- when Link fights the boss there's a black mist above its head.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Why wouldn't he be the villain? He clearly powers the gold boss shown in the trailer with some dark magic or something -- when Link fights the boss there's a black mist above its head.

Remember Zant? That doesn't make him or her THE Villain.

The character we see in the trailer who everyone keeps saying is the villain (even Vaati) is clearly the same character from the promotional artwork, who has been confirmed to be the spirit of the Skyward Sword. Just look:

Image from the trailer (provided by zeypher):
CRWc4.png

Skyward Sword from the promotional artwork:
SkywardSword.png

See? There are design differences, yes, but it goes without saying that we'd have those considering the original image was conceptual, and didn't even match the style of the final game. Skyward's Sword's face has vague features, so the facial appearance of the trailer version isn't that surprising, really. If you also look to a different point in the trailer, near the end when he/she teleports away, you can see the legs have a similar diamond pattern. The biggest difference is the cloak, but it's not that big of a jump.

I have to disagree, the features on the "villain" look too masculine. Even if the concept art is just a concept, they usually seem to design the character with similar facial structures.

zordianaface.png

plus, the girls head shows up on the d-pad, or whatever it's called. And her head looks nothing like the male villain. Though, maybe if it seems more of a guess than a theory, the male and Zordiana are a different kind of race.

@Turo602 - Of course, but my point is that whether Ganondorf is ushered into the game in the final five hours to be the main villain instead of this guy doesn't matter.

This is just out of nowhere, but what if this guy is Majora? The only details we have on Majora is that he came across some dark power and was eventually banished. The SS guy is probably the leader of the Intelopers, so why not make it Majora? That wouldn't explain how he got his power and how he and the Intelopers were banished.

And it would be super badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom