• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda An Intimidating Excursion

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
So I haven't yet started playing The Legend of Zelda, seeing as how I just beat the Minish Cap earlier today, but reading many forums, articles, reviews, etc. over many months has really come to put a bit of a stress factor on this game.

I almost feel like right off the bat I'm going to be stressing out. There's been so much negaticity or controversy around this game (and the Adventure of Link) that it's already a mental pain even before I have started to play it.

I'm going to try to get rid of this anxiety by just casting it out and realing this adventure is my own, but I was wondering if there are any other players out there that, whether you've beaten this game or not or just played it before, there is a slight edge of annoyance just thinking about it?

It seems so daunting and intimidating, not using any guuides (my own rule to myself).

Any thoughts?

S

Scotts897

Without a guide, it'll be kinda tough to get started. Many secrets involve just bombing walls or burning bushes to find rupees or hearts and if you can't find these things, the game will be hard. And the last 3 dungeons have hidden entrances. Granted, I managed to find these things somehow back in the day so it's workable. But yeah, survivability is directly related to what you explore and find and knowing when to use certain items.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Most of that criticism is because Zelda 2 is not a traditional Zelda game, i.e. the level up system, being a side-scroller, no boomerang, bombs, etc. that can be used in battle. Many fans don't like that but if you don't mind not playing with a top-down view and with some RPG elements then there's no need to be worried. Another reason for its criticism is the difficulty. It's not the most difficult NES game but I wouldn't reccomend the game to casual players.

Yeah, the big thing is not so much the difficulty as the steep learning curve. There's a lot of exploration involved, which can be a big turnoff for those used to having cutscenes to guide us and fortune tellers or annoying sidekicks to tell us what our next step should be. You're just sorta dropped into the middle of it, with no idea which way to go.

I haven't beaten it yet (stuck in Ganon's lair) but once I got going, I loved it. You will too.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I haven't beaten it yet (stuck in Ganon's lair) but once I got going, I loved it. You will too.

Thanks! :) I'm actually going to be starting on it right now for a little while.

I am used to the fortunre-teller type aid haha, but being able to ADAPT is highly valuabe in this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom