• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

An Interesting Thought Provoking Question

"The best way something can die is by the deteoration of it's heart. Our society's heart is our respect towards one another."

"Being your weird self is the normal thing to do, following the crowd is just plain weird..." In other words, be yourself, and respect those for who they are; not what else they could become if they had a different quality. I hate fake people, so just follow your dreams and express your personality, not others' personalities. People think I am really weird, but they are not as they seem... They lie about who they are...

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on." ~ Robert Frost

The sheer, raw truth behind that quote is amazing... because no matter how bad things seem, how dull and broken and scary the world and your life might seem right now, no matter the size of the problem you have to face, it is such a ray of hope in times like those to remember: life goes on. It's not the end of the world. Things may change, but things go on. Everything will heal at least partially given enough time, be it physical illness or emotional torment. All that's required is that you stick it out, and weather the storm. The clouds will always pass. The dawn will always come. So don't get hung up about things.

Life goes on.

To love everybody else around them.

I agree with you on this, Xiz, we only got one life to live, so why not live a life out of love. Maliace and hate only spread violence, but nothing ill can come from loving one another. And I don't just mean the romantical side of love. That brotherly 'love your neighbor as yourself' type love. Going slightly out of you way to help another person and to stop and say hi.

"Being your weird self is the normal thing to do, following the crowd is just plain weird..." In other words, be yourself, and respect those for who they are; not what else they could become if they had a different quality. I hate fake people, so just follow your dreams and express your personality, not others' personalities. People think I am really weird, but they are not as they seem... They lie about who they are...

I have a teacher who always said "Normal is just a setting on the washing machine" I think that basically sums up what you are saying. I'd also like to relate this back to the message that Xiz above you said. When you can embrace someone's unique-ness you come to love them and live a more fulfilled life. By treating people as if they are 'different' in a negative light its just so sad, it only stimulates hatred and predigest. We should love eachother for our differences.

I think that would be my message to the crowd. Embrace Diversity and start to love.

Great points everyone.

Stop using the N-word we're out of that time and should stop using it.

Not that I'm exactly the biggest advocate of that word (or even one at all), but that's a censorship message, in violation of the United States' First Amendment (Even if you aren't from or in America, just about every civilized country has a form of this law). I'm not saying that you shouldn't say that message, (that would be a contradiction) but I think you should at least consider what you're saying. I agree, the N-word isn't the most fantastic word in the world, and it's offensive. But just as I'm offended by the modern definition of the British word for cigarette and unable to stop it, you are unable to stop the N-word.

Last edited by a moderator:
"There is no failure except in no longer trying."

Pretty much sums up a lot of things in life...including life itself.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Aw man, one message? But I have so many!
Oh well, I guess I'll have to choose. Eeny Meany Miny...

"Make the best out of every situation."

Complaining about something rarely helps the situation. Rather than doing that, make the best of the situation and do what you must in order to have a good time and do it to the best of your ability. Remember, if you think it's bad now, it can ALWAYS get worse.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
"Don't ever let others tell you what to believe. Don't ever let experiences pass you by."

Your life is your life, and you're the one in control. Don't let other people dictate how you should live and what you should think, you're an individual, so act like one. Don't be afraid to break from the crowd and believe what you've reason for yourself to believe in, because life will never be fulfilling if you blindly live by another person's doctrine on anything. Similarly, it's your life, and you have to experience life for yourself. Enjoy every moment to your fullest, and enjoy every chance you get to try something new, because you may never get that chance again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom