• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess An Instrument?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'm currently playing through Twilight Princess and I can't help but think that the game would be more enjoyable if we had an instument to play throughout.

There are howling stones used occasionally, and you blow songs into grass sometimes, but these have neither the enjoyability nor the functionality that instruments like the ocarina, wind waker, spirit flute, etc. have.

What do you think? Would a frequent instrument in TP have enhanced the game? What instrument would it be? Would there be a few very frequently used songs or a wide variety of songs? Or would an instrument make the game too much like Ocarina of time?

I personally don't think that OoT and TP have that much in common so I would enjoy some sort of flute or recorder to play songs on

I personally believe Twilight Princess is fine the way it is. Implementing sparse musical elements in the form of hawk and horse whistles as well as howling stones made the experience more interesting and provided for some intriguing optional content. Moreover, given the tone of the game an instrument would seem out of place. It was nice to see a break from the norm after the first three 3D installments featured an instrument.

I never understood the frequent comparisons to Ocarina of Time. Twilight Princess operates independent of the N64 classic and although it features the same traditional structure of three dungeons-plot twist-more dungeons-final boss as well as the same primary antagonist, Midna was a strikingly different companion from Navi and the Wolf Link transformation added a level of diversity absent from OoT.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A frequent instrument, and by instruemtn I mean wolf howling, could both help and hurt TP. If the frequency gets to the point where things are tedious (and trust me, most instruments are tedious after a while), this would definitely hurt TP more than the pain it is suffering from already. On the other hand, if the frequency is used in conjunction with worthwhile uses (maybe, perhaps, there could be a Pols Voice type enemy that first has to be weakened by Wolf howling or whatever the instrument? lol), this would HELP TP a bunch, imo.

Also, I would love for a few more songs to be in TP. Not to say its OST was limited, but I would appreciate just a few more original songs <3

NotOfThisWorld

previously 'retro.love'
Ya know honestly, I loved TP the way it is. I second what ALIT said, that an instrument with the theme of the game would have just seemed out of place. I liked how the hawk grass/horse grass was used, it made for a little something different for Zelda games. The howling stones made for something different as well. I liked playing Link as a wolf, made for something unique. And you didn't have to use the grass that often, so it didn't make it too annoying-some. And the howling stones were more of a slight side-quest that aided in your main-quest. I'm re-playing MM on my Wii using the GameCube controller. Which makes playing the Ocarina much harder than on the original console, N64, basically cause of the C-analog stick and not the buttons.

Anyhow. I don't understand why people are giving TP so much flack and don't even like it in the first place. I don't see why everyone is so disappointed in it and have to put the game down all the time. Granted it's a little dark and creepy at times for my taste normally, however, I LOOOVE Zelda games and this was by far one of my favorites next to MM and OoT.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
I enjoyed TP the way it was. I think it didn't need a special instrument of any sorts. That would most likely have distracted from the main story of the Twili and so on. No, I think the howling stones, and grass- thingys, were okay. The game didn't need any instruments to it.

masterSword2

Smile!
I think it would have been fun to have an instrument that would be frequently used in the game, but I don't want instruments to become overused. I don't think an instrument should be present in every LoZ game, or the fun of it might begin to wear off.

I love TP. I think that it really didnt need any insturments to improve it. The small sections of howling stones was a nice add to the game but I wouldnt of wanted any insturments that you had to play a lot during the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom