• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

An idea I have for BoTW 2’s overworld

As you likely know, BoTW 2 has been confirmed to be in the same Hyrule as the original BoTW. This doesn’t map everything will be the same though. Numerous things could happen, and this is my idea:

Weather changes.

Weather was a big part of BoTW. It was a defining factor of many areas, and made the world feel very alive. In BoTW 2, switching the weather up could be a possibility for a refreshing experience.

For example, what if the snow of the Gerudo Highlands melted and there was a flood in the Gerudo desert? What if the mild weather in Faron reached desert levels and killed many plants of the jungle, and caused a drought in the coast which would cause a shortage of fish for the people of Lurelin to eat?

It could definitely be something that would make sense. I just don’t hope all of my ideas come true, or else I’ll have nothing to look forward to when the game is released.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
That sounds cool, but even if you change the weather the terrain is exactly the same as it was in BotW, and would probably mean more can't-climb-cuz-rain syndrome.
The flooded Gerudo desert idea is mega interesting, but I think it would just me more of the same.
(Heh kinda like the Gerudos on boats in MM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom