• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

An Idea for the New Villains

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I came up with this idea while replying to the thread about not having to win every battle.

What about, if you lose against a grunt or admin, they take all your Pokemon from you, as a villain should do, and in order to get them back you have to come back to that same person with a new team and fight against your own Pokemon (maybe they've been upped a few levels and learned some Dark-type moves to drive the point home)? I think this will be an interesting development of the villainous teams.

Also: What if you were forced to lose against the villainous team boss at some point? The first time you go up against him you're still at level 20-ish and he smites your team with all level 40's with no remorse. That should put the fear of him (her?) in the player and make them dread having to fight them again. Then, when you fight him at the end (which, by the way, I really like how Black did that with Ghetsis) he's got a full team of level 60's and really makes the player work for the win.

What do you guys think of this?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Wow, I mean, I could see that working in the animes and movies, but not in the games. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great concept, but I doubt the Pokémon franchise would do something like that. But I'd be okay with losing to a villainous admin at some point. It would only make it seem logical that the player truly can't win every battle.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
That is certainly an interesting concept, but it could prove to be really annoying if you find yourself losing a lot, especially if you had a full team of six, and you put rare TMs on them that you could only get back by trading. I mean, theoretically it sounds cool, but it would infuriate a lot of people (me included) if I had to go back and retrain a bunch of new Pokemon.

I do agree that we should lose against the villain at least once because let's face it, the villains are not typically all that difficult to beat.

C

ChinchillaBau5

Great idea, brings a actual threat to losing besides the pay-out and shame, I like it but I doubt GF would consider it; especially since B/W was so ridiculously easy compared to something life HG/SS.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Great idea, brings a actual threat to losing besides the pay-out and shame, I like it but I doubt GF would consider it; especially since B/W was so ridiculously easy compared to something life HG/SS.

I don't quite agree with the part bolded; there were several parts in both Black 1 and 2 that pushed me into a corner, and the Unova Pokemon League (2nd time and after) is the hardest thing I've come across in Pokemon games.

But as to the rest of it, I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom