• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

An examination of all the arguments for the timeline placement of BotW and my conclusion

Correct me if I am mistaken, but isn't Breathe of the Wild supposed to be a soft reboot of the LoZ franchise? The reason I say this is because of the amalgamation of all these different timelines and creatures from previous titles. The Rito and the Zora? That can't work unless the Rito are a distinct species on their own and have no relation to the Zora at all.

Hey, I was thinking if the official timeline only had one correct path to follow and all LoZ games fall under, which is the child era. why I say this is because there is so much evidence that Nintendo's timeline doesn't work with this. They just took important characters and races from different timelines and stuck it into one big game. Just and Idea, please tell me if I'm wrong.

There's nothing saying that certain races are exclusive to other branches.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but isn't Breathe of the Wild supposed to be a soft reboot of the LoZ franchise? The reason I say this is because of the amalgamation of all these different timelines and creatures from previous titles. The Rito and the Zora? That can't work unless the Rito are a distinct species on their own and have no relation to the Zora at all.

The Rito most likely are not the same as the ones from TWW, for the reasons mentioned in my initial post for this topic.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
" The Rito and the Zora? That can't work unless the Rito are a distinct species on their own and have no relation to the Zora at all."

This isn't how evolution works. New species usually branch off from the original while the original continues on. The entire species normally doesn't all transform together.

It's possible that a group of Zoras left the domain and eventually evolved into the Rito.

Well, in that case then I am guessing that the Zora would have been a distinct tribe, and the Rito is an offshoot of the Zora. So, like the major tribe settled in and around water, and the minor tribe settled in and around the mountains. Kinda like the split in Israel, the major kingdom remained as Israel and the minor kingdom became Judea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom