• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Amount of Legendaries in Pokemon

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
It's no secret that I don't like the fact that there are so many legendaries in Pokemon. Back in the day the legendaries were cool, and semi-unrelated to the story. They weren't version mascots until Gen II, and even in Gen II they didn't totally dominate the story. That aspect was cool, but has been ruined in later versions that pump irrelevant and unnecessary legendaries into the games. It seems like every generation needs 5 trios of Pokemon, a Mew relative, 5 more dragons and Pokemon that have separate formes. Right now there are 47 Pokemon considered to be legendary out of the 649 Pokemon in the game. That's 7% of the Pokemon in the game. In Gen I we had three birds, Mew and Mewtwo. This worked. 5 legendaries out of 151 Pokemon. Why do we need more legendaries?

the answer to that is WE DON'T. plus all the new legendaries all look alike which really confuse me :( we do not need that many pokemon in general either. xP

There is really a amout of legendaires pokemon. If there are too much legendaries it becomes that they are normal to see and not rare.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm okay with legendaries if they make sense. I'm VERY tired of seeing dragon legendaries.
If they make sense and have a true purpose, fine by me.
You have a point as well, there are a lot of legendaries.
It'd be okay if it was maybe 50 legendaries out of say 750-900 Pokemon.
That gives them more rarity and worth catching.

T

TheLlabmik

Yeah there are way way way too many legendary pokemon now. I think it's gotten to the point where the developers are just using "legendary" to add in pokemon they want. Like Victini, event only and completely unrelated to anything at all.

I have to disagree 7% is still a fairly low number and I like the fact that the legendaries each have a "legend" behind them now, they're no less desirable than they used to be and it's fun talking to in-game characters to get clues as to where some legendaries might be, it's probably not so fun if you look up all the legendaries online first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom