• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Amnesia (A Ganondork Original Story)

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Nice writing. I loved how you had the final line of the first part, then the title. It reminds me of when something awesome or mysterious happens in a video game or movie then they put the title. Your writing style is unmistakeable (as If I didn't know who wrote this, I would guess it was you.) Overall, great work

Ganondork

goo
Well, I've definitely lost popularity as a writer, what a shame. I'll continue writing this, but I'll begin writing another story as well very soon.

***​

I felt a twinge of sympathy for her. “Why did they disappear?” I asked.

“Genocide,” she replied bitterly.

All I could squeak out was a quiet, “oh.”

“Well, well. Our little winged friend has come out of hiding,” a voice behind me said. “I knew you would return one of these days.”

Tekara and I whipped around. Three men stood with confidence in front of us. Two – who were noticeably taller – wore bullet-proof vests and had their arms crossed. Sunglasses hid their eyes and they looked down at the other man in between them. Although shorter than the other two, he was still quite tall. He wore a suit and had a gun pointed at Tekara.

“Clark,” she muttered.

“President Clark,” he corrected. “Now, let us cut the idle chit-chat. I am in no mood for such nonsense. Look here boy, hand over the girl and we might just let you go. Sounds like a fair trade, yes? You just met the twerp,
It won’t hurt you.”

I stared at Clark, my hands balled up into fists. “I would rather die than hand over Tekara,” I growled.

“So be it. You have lost quite an opportunity, boy. I know there is no swaying you, so I will just kill you quick,” he motioned to the two men and they drew out their guns. Tekara elbowed my arm, making me look. She handed me a pistol. I took it with a quick swipe and pointed it at the two men. They hardly seemed deterred; their bullet-proof vests protected their bodies.

I aimed with great speed and pulled the trigger. The bullet exploded out of the barrel with a powerful bang. The man moved his head to the right, leaving the bullet whizzing away. I muttered a curse under my breath and pointed it at the man again. With each bullet I fired, each missed. I stared at down at my shaking hands as the two men advanced. Dark thoughts crossed my mind as I considered the possibility of this being the end. I had lived a life before, but I couldn’t remember anything. How was that a way to live? My life was meaningless. Perhaps death was the only salvation from the curse of ignorance.

A whistle pierced the tense air and Clark pushed his way through the two men. “Enough! We are not cavemen; we do not pick on the weak! We only kill when they are armed. Consider your inefficiencies a blessing, young man,” Clark scoffed, “For they just saved your life. But do not expect me to never return. I am a man of my word, and I swear by the will of God that I will take you down. Goodbye young man,” his sympathetic voice turned venomous, “Tekara.” And then he was gone.

“What was that about?” I asked Tekara.

“That’s President Clark,” Tekara growled. “Except he’s no real president, he’s more like a dictator. He killed my ancestors and many other innocent people. I’m beginning to believe that he was also responsible for the loss of your memory.”

“What would he have to gain from that?” I asked her, anger welling up inside of me. From my innards, a flame was lit that gave me the will – and power – to take this man down. He was not just an enemy of Tekara’s; he was an enemy of mine as well.

“I’m not sure,” she confessed. “You may be something important to him though. Perhaps you were a political man that threatened his power,” she said thoughtfully.

“I don’t think that’s it,” I said. “Whatever, we’ll find out eventually.”

She nodded. “Look, it’s getting dark; I think we should call it a day.” I looked up at the sun which was beginning to dip below the horizon. The temperature seemed to drop even lower, and I felt myself shiver.

“Yeah, I suppose we should.”

***​

It was not long before we had gathered enough wood to start a small fire. With the fire crackling we were able to keep warm, although it did not prevent our stomachs from growling like wild animals. She reassured me by saying we’d find food in the morning. With that problem solved, all that there was left to do was go to sleep. I lay on my back and stared up at the stars. They glittered like jewels and I could not help but admire them. A head poked into my line of vision, blocking my view. It was Tekara. I stared into her eyes for a moment and I couldn’t help but notice that even the stars didn’t shine quite like her eyes.

“I’m cold, can I sleep near you?” She asked innocently. I nodded without hesitation and she lay down. She put her head on my chest and drifted into a light sleep. For once in a very long time, I didn't feel alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom