• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Amiibos with 2 users

Hi folks,

Me and my son are both playing on the wii u.

We have the amiibo that gives you Epona. I got her on the first try but my son still hasn't got her after over 30 attempts.

Has anyone seen how these work when there are more than one user?

Surely it's not just one per console.

I feel really bad for him as I have her and it's his amiibo.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

Hi folks,

Me and my son are both playing on the wii u.

We have the amiibo that gives you Epona. I got her on the first try but my son still hasn't got her after over 30 attempts.

Has anyone seen how these work when there are more than one user?

Surely it's not just one per console.

I feel really bad for him as I have her and it's his amiibo.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

The drops are random.

There's a higher chance of getting Epona the first time.
If you dont drop her the first time then the percentage of getting her goes down a very large margin.

I know one person didnt drop her the first time and reloaded his save file for three hours before he eventually dropped her.

If you use an amiibo once and dont get what you want just reload your last save and try again. This can take ages but its better than waiting days on end.

I think your son was just unlucky.

Amazing that it took them 3 hours :(

Such an annoying system.

If you have the Amiibo you should just get the extra content. This messing around will just turn people against Nintendo.

I think the Amiibo system is already on very thin ice as it is.

Or maybe just me? but it seems a real rip off.

We were just chatting at work about buying the Wolf Amiibo but then realised how awful the whole thing is.

Write code to have a wolf companion, but then tie it to a £20 purchase.

It's a thumbs down from me Nintendo.

But thanks for your reply though :)

My son says he's going to give up using it and just enjoy the game as it is.

Cheers

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
It is a shame your son didn't get Epona, but I would encourage him to keep using the Amiibo. He will continue to get useful items, and hopefully get Epona soon.

Honestly, I find the horses practically useless.

I wouldn't recommend getting the Wolf Link Amiibo, he isn't that useful. If you can find them, the Smash Bros Ganondorf and Zelda amiibos, as well as the Guardian amiibo are all worth having.

The drops are random.

There's a higher chance of getting Epona the first time.
If you dont drop her the first time then the percentage of getting her goes down a very large margin.
So much so that I've never seen Epona again. It can drop again but the chance is very very low. And I've tried well over 100 times now.

The epona spawn should be possible on multiple users. It worked for both me and my sister on the first scan. This is the first I've heard that it's not a guaranteed drop on the first scan. However, a lot of people cheat with the amiibo drops (which I've stopped doing after my harddrive had an issue and I don't want to risk anything now), where you save before scanning the amiibo and continue to reload the save until you get the desired drop. This, however, can take awhile, and with the loading screen, is pretty time consuming, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Thanks everyone,

I think it upset him a bit, he's a real fan of Epona, and seeing me get her and he still hasn't, especially when it's his Amiibo, isn't nice at all.

I wonder who thinks these systems through.

I don't think I want to encourage any more of this by buying more Amiibos.

Anyway, back to the actual game....

Cheers

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
Thanks everyone,

I think it upset him a bit, he's a real fan of Epona, and seeing me get her and he still hasn't, especially when it's his Amiibo, isn't nice at all.

I wonder who thinks these systems through.

I don't think I want to encourage any more of this by buying more Amiibos.

Anyway, back to the actual game....

Cheers

How far along is he in the game?

He could start over and try to get Epona again.

I don't know about the Wii U Version, whether It can have more than one save file, but I think if you've already got Epona with the amiibo, you can't spawn her again unless something tragic has happen to her.

If it's on a new save, it may be that you're in an area where Horses can't be, like the great plateau for example. That could explain why your Son is getting regular items because otherwise you'd get Epona guarenteed. Try using the amiibo in an open space like near a stable, and Epona should spawn.

I know this thread is 3 years old now. Halloween Jack's son either got over this or managed to figure out some way to spawn Epona. But just in case anyone else stumbles on this thread like I did, I just wanted to say some awesome, beautiful, anonymous hero on the Nintendo support forums figured out that if you tap a different amiibo, I used my Twilight Princess Zelda but the original poster said it could be any other amiibo, and then you tap the Link Smash Brother's amiibo right after the other amiibo, you will get Epona. I did this and it worked immediately after trying fruitlessly multiple times before, and a bunch of other people on that thread said it worked for them too. I hope I save someone else endless hours just like this unnamed hero saved me.

I should also note this worked for me even though my sister already got Epona on her account on her first try. So Epona can go on two different accounts with the same amiibo and this trick can save you from tearing your hair out if you don't get her on the first try!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom