• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Amiibo

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
all amiibos do is give you some food or money and maybe a costume depending on the amiibo

with the exception of the wolf link amiibo, which essentially makes enemies aggro onto you from much further away and most definitely does not do anything else

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
They're only worth bothering with if you already owned the amiibos. If you don't then it just isn't worth spending money on what amounts to some armor sets that become useless the moment you have access to equipment upgrading.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I think at least one of the link amiibo is worth it, seeing as how that’s the only way to get a green tunic in the early or mid game. The TP and smash bros links especially since they’re also the only ways to get Epona, which isn’t as important to me as the tunic, but it’s still one of the better horses in the game.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
If you just want what the Amiibo give without investing a lot of money into the figures, NFC cards are a better option. You can have everything available to you without wasting money.

If you actually want the physical figures, then I'd say just look up the rewards each figure gives, and make the decision on which ones to buy from that.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Depends on if you want the easter egg stuff, by far the coolest armor set is the Fierce Deity armor, I also really liked the Hero of Time set. The Fierce Deity armor also worked really well in the early game because it gives nice attack buffs way before you can piece together the Barbarian armor.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Depends on if you want the easter egg stuff, by far the coolest armor set is the Fierce Deity armor, I also really liked the Hero of Time set. The Fierce Deity armor also worked really well in the early game because it gives nice attack buffs way before you can piece together the Barbarian armor.

I mean, the phantom armor does the same thing in the early game if you have the DLC

Most of the armors and weapons as it has been brought up before aren't really unique outside of their appearance, the attack power of the weapons you get from amiibo will be the same as ones you find in the game, and the armors have bonuses that exist on other base game sets. It's just about whether or not you wanna collect them--and then because weapon durability is a thing, you may not even wanna use the weapons you get from the amiibo so it's not really practical.

They're mostly just cosmetic bonuses, and if you're not too worried about collecting them, I can't really justify getting amiibos for Breath of the Wild. If you have some figures already, or plan to get some because you like the figure or its use in another game, then it's worth it to scan them into Breath of the Wild since you have them. I really wanted the guardian amiibo but it's use in the game wasn't its selling point to me; I just thought it was a really neat figure and guardians are cool. But since I do have the guardian, I did scan it in when I played.

So NFC cards are a better option? I don’t have any figures, was just wondering wether to get any or not.
I have already caught an all black horse with lots of strength and four spurs and by the time I’ve found the saddle and bridle I don’t think I will need Epona unless she has something special, is ahe that special?

thePlinko

ZD Legend
So NFC cards are a better option? I don’t have any figures, was just wondering wether to get any or not.
I have already caught an all black horse with lots of strength and four spurs and by the time I’ve found the saddle and bridle I don’t think I will need Epona unless she has something special, is ahe that special?
NFC cards are fine if you don’t wanna have the figurine lying around. Personally I much prefer the amiibo but that’s just me.

I believe Epona is one of the fastest mounts in the game, though she doesn’t have very many spurs, can’t be renamed, and can’t be given a different saddle.

she does have an automatic 100% loyalty immediately, and she gets her own unique saddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom