• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Americans challenge Japan to giant robot combat, for real

Djinn

and Tonic
This went up last Friday

The first American made mech challenges the more well known Japanese mech that came out a year earlier to combat.

And this morning they got their response.

In the few days between the challenge and the response the Kurata designer sent this letter to his company.
Leave it to the Americans to do this!

Putting the challenge stuff aside, I have one thing to say.
What are you doing, Japan?

The way this thing is supposed to work is, the giant robots of Japan battle each other, and the top contender goes and takes on America.

I've been waiting 4 years since making the Kuratas, but you've all been dragging your feet, so it's come to this. I'm really frustrated.

I'm going to think this over. Just you wait, MegaBots!

I propose they fight it out in an old abandoned industrial park in Michigan with lots of old ruined buildings, wrecked cars and metal parts strewn all around the ground.

Dan

Let's just hope this overpowered robot is disqualified otherwise it will be a massacre and not just for the robots but for the people too!

Djinn

and Tonic
Japan has Gundams. Is this even fair?
They can fight Turkey's Zakus

0150405at08_p.jpg

And apparently Optimus and Bumblebee are in Beijing

optimus-prime-replica-in-china.jpg

http://randommization.com/2010/07/16/optimus-prime-stands-tall-in-china/

transformers-bumblebee-replica-in-shanghai_4.jpg

http://randommization.com/2010/08/0...r-transformers-love-make-a-bumblebee-replica/

I also want to see this thing in the fight.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/02/...-giant-robot-you-could-be-piloting-right-now/

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
Let's just hope this overpowered robot is disqualified otherwise it will be a massacre and not just for the robots but for the people too!

Thanks for all of the nightmare that you gave me with you spoiler....

Reactions: Dan

Djinn

and Tonic
Wow it has been a few years since the first announcement, but the day has finally come, the fight between the Suidobashi Kuratas and the Megabots MkII is tomorrow. Something we have been waiting for since late 2014. And even in that time China built a robot and they want to fight the Megabots Eagle Prime too after this match is over.

21192991_1843515455676997_8650672601341523053_n.jpg

This was their last update

Megabots have been posting updates every few months for the last two years but no one has heard anything out of Suidobashi so who knows what their bot is going to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom