• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Amending the double post rule.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I am making this thread to suggest an amendment to the rules on double posting.

Basically I got a smacked bottom for posting double in things that are on your mind once. I thought it was pretty silly since I do have multiple things on my mind per day/week. So I don't see why myself or other members should have to wait for someone else to post before doing so again on something completely different.

If it was a current events topic I posted in which died down but new information came out a week later and I wanted to add to it. I couldn't make a new post because that would be against the rules.

We have rules for spam so I think we could relax the double posting one for instances like I have described.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
I agree, in cases like this we should be able to double post as long as we dont abuse it. I say we do a trial run with this and see how it goes before trying to make it a rule.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
The main reason is for preventing spam on this one.

Perhaps we could restrict double posting within the same day (i.e. if it has been less than 24 hours, you edit the previous post and if more than 24 hours you can make a double post to bring a topic back up). I think if it is less than a day then extra info may as well be edited into the previous post.

Reactions: Dio

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
does this rule have exceptions, like in Roleplays? wouldn't want to get points simply for p[osting in Roleplays

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
does this rule have exceptions, like in Roleplays? wouldn't want to get points simply for p[osting in Roleplays

We already have exceptions now such as in Forum Games:

Forum Games Rules said:
2. Double Posting
Double posting is not suggested but it is allowed in this section as long as it is not abused. Feel free to double post in your respective forum game if you feel it is necessary, such as bumping a thread, but please do not triple or quadruple post. In most cases, rather than double posting, you can simply edit the previous post to include any additional information that you missed. Note: Post count is disabled in this section so double posting will not change a users total number of posts at the forum.

Where post count isn't counted this has always been much more relaxed. We aren't particularly fussed about double posting in Forum Games, Mafia, and Role Play and iirc nobody has been warned or infracted for double posting in any of those sections in the time I've been an Admin, probably in the time I've been a Mod even.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Does it really need to be a rule to not double post? I think that's something the mods can handle with their own discretion, no?

If I post, and then post relevant info a moment afterwards....the thread doesn't exactly look bad. Some posts lose their comedic value if they are in the same post instead of two separate posts, for example.

If it's qualified as spam, that breaks a rule anyway, so it doesn't really need to be a rule in itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom