• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Amazon delaying Wii U Breath of the Wild orders

Amazon has sent out emails to customers about a delay with Breath of the Wild for Wii U and have given callers additional information that "the release date of March 3, 2017 has been withdrawn from the manufacturer and is scheduled to release later" and are being given an April date for shipment. Since other stores have said nothing of this as of yet, this is currently in question.

Myself, I placed a preorder for this over a year ago and I got the email as well. If Amazon is telling the truth then I expect other stores to have similar announcements within a couple days. If not, then Amazon really messed this up.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/c...i_u_physical_edition/?st=izm5b43a&sh=99ccbe7a

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Huh.

Teaches people not to pre-order through Amazon. They've been pretty terrible with Switch and Souls of the Wild-related pre-orders.

Is this seriously for real? Now I'm legit freaked out. I got mine pre-ordered from Amazon almost immediately when pre-orders opened up. Now I'm going to have to text the person that ordered for me (as payment for pet-sitting for a week) and see if they got an e-mail too... man I really hope it's not delayed, this is seriously going to **** with my anxiety levels... o_0

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nintendo has got us ****ed up and they /seriously/ want to convert us to Switch users. Hahaha not likely mein freunde! I will get BotW for Wee Woo. On March 3rd.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
Yeah I don't know.
I haven't gotten any email from Amazon. I pre ordered mine in December.

Lol, I'm glad to be Canadian.

Amazon.ca doesn't seem to be having the same problems as.com.

Last edited:
I checked the status of my pre-order/shipment and everything's fine (I'm in Canada). I'm relieved to hear this is a US problem, but I mean... man, that's gotta suck for you guys... this isn't the first time I've seen Amazon drop the ball this epically before either.

Scribear

Still haven't gotten an email. Either I got lucky or its a giant synchronization trolling. Hope it's false. Or that I'm lucky...

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Ever since rumors of Gamestop cancelling online pre-orders, I've checked in with my local store a couple of times just to make sure my Friday pickup is still set. I've never worked a Gamestop before, so I don't know how early they receive shipments, but I'm assuming that the Switches, games, and accessories are already in the back waiting to be unpacked.

Scribear

Amazon just updated my order status today- now shows arriving Friday. Whew.
Dang. Mine is STILL March 31st! :(

I really hope mine changes soon...

Sorry for double post --

Conversation with Amazon chat (Siraj):

Siraj: We only charge of an item when it ships out from the Amazon fulfillment center.The Delivery date of your order is Friday, March 31, 2017.If the order does not come in stock by then we would have send you an update regarding same.
Me: Okay that is exactly the date I don't want. That'll be it then I guess? Thank you for your time.
Siraj: "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" has proven to be a very popular item. We have many customer orders for this item, and we've just begun to receive copies from our suppliers. We're filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.
We expect to ship your order in the next few business days.
Me: Oh well that ^ is good news.

They're playing with me? What is this even? If I don't get an update tomorrow I'm trying for a midnight release unfortunately. No way I'm missing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of scared that last minute GameStop is going to do the same thing and push it back... I actually have the day off and want to be able to enjoy me day off the way I have been planning on doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom