• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amalgamation of Anime Atrocities - Traps vs Girls Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14134

And between Bok and Pendio, both of you have made fair points at one point and questionable arguments at another. I'm not sure who to trust just yet, but I can see one of you being the power role and the other being an SK
Here it sounded like you were suggesting one of us had the power role and you were hinting at being vanilla. But earlier in your responses to Minish it sounded like you were suggesting you had a power role. There is one power role left here so ANY town power claim is easily countered now regardless of the role since there is only one left.

What I think happened is Emiya was trying to set himself up to fake claim a power role later in the game but now he can't since there is guaranteed to only be one left. If he has a power role he can easily say he does and when no counter claim comes up we would know that he's confirmed town. But I think his reluctance to give me a straight answer says otherwise. Town absolutely has to hit an anti-town role today or we're basically ****ed. What role could you have that makes you more important than sharing information that can help town?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Why so pushy about it whenever I hinted at it clear as day?

I'm the Town Role Cop and investigated funnier, Minish, and Yiga for reasons that should be clear. They all ended up being NKed, so I'm afraid that my information well is a little dry right now and lynching me would be the biggest possible mistake right now. Not like I'm going to survive the Night anyhow seeing as our Doctor is dead. This is the reason that I was reluctant to make any outstanding moves Day 1 and to claim, but you insisted so there you go.

That being said, I don't like how Bok was fishing for my role. Going by the setups that he posted, there's very little chance that a Vig is in this game so I think that he's either the SK or the remaining Goon and he was trying to draw out the remaining power role. Both of them are dangerous to the Town, but the SK in particular just needs to basically eliminate all opposing factions to achieve their wincon. Besides, Serial Killer is listed under Scum Roles in the JK9 MafiaWiki page, so I'm under the impression that Bok might be the one killing the inactives to make sure there were zero ties leading back to him.

Vote: Spider-Bok

Well you have this wrong based on my role. Because of his interactions with funnier on day one (which I finally went back and read) I don't believe that he's the goon. He still could be the serial killer but since I'm fairly convinced he's not mafia, he's probably the last person I'd vote for today.
And what might your role be? The only thing that can possibly save you now is the Tracker, but there's no guarantee that you are one.

D

Deleted member 14134

@Mido @Kuro @Pendio If any of you have a role, now's the time to say you do since we'll know whether or not Emiya is lying. Once again, if you don't understand how there is only one power role left, ask and I'll give you the explanation.

Why ask about the Godfather then? If you read the setup information you should know that there wasn't any chance of being a godfather so why beat around the bush with it? Also why suggest that Pendio or I may be the one who has the power role? And why not claim when I said that there is one role left? You were on when I said that since you had posted after that.
And what might your role be? The only thing that can possibly save you now is the Tracker, but there's no guarantee that you are one.
What else would it be other than VT? I think I've made it pretty clear by now that I don't have the power role and I sure as **** wouldn't come out and say if I was the SK or not. I'm not fishing for roles, like I said town needs a lynch today or else we're basically ****ed so having a confirmed town whether it be you or someone else is a huge help. Also your vote doesn't look OMGUS at all. Are you really going to vote out the only person left trying to scumhunt? If I wasn't town at this point it'd be a whole lot easier to sit back and let the day go by with nothing happening. I put a vote on Mido to try to get him to talk. I said what I didn't like about Pendio and tagged him in it to respond. And I found an inconsistency in your posting so I called you out for it. If you really are town you should be helping me find out who the scum and SK are, not try to lynch the only person still playing the game.

D

Deleted member 14134

It's also pretty convenient how all your information is no help at us at all. Why not investigate me? You were clearly suspicious of me since you voted me day 2 so why not check me? Did you really think Minish would make a play that obvious to protect her scum buddy if we were both scum? You played my game and you saw how well that went for mafia when it happened then.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Yeah, yeah, yeah, we can sit here debating our inconsistencies all night (plenty on both sides) or help me find a better solution. But if you're set on lynching me, then my vote stays, "VT" or not.

Besides me, who do you find suspicious?

D

Deleted member 14134

But do you really not have an answer to why you suggested Pendio or I would be the power role? Or why you investigated Minish? Maybe the answer is obvious but I want to hear that reasoning anyways.

I'm not dead set on lynching you, if someone comes on and counter claims then you're as good as gone. If not then we'll see, I've tagged everyone a few times so there's no reason why everyone shouldn't be able to come on and post and then we will know about you for sure. If they don't then I'm honestly just going to be more suspicious of them. Mido has lain pretty low this game. Kuro hasn't done much and his vote yesterday did look opportunistic. Pendio I've already said I don't think is scum but I'm not ruling anyone out as SK yet. Town needs activity to win now so with more then a day left, I'd be willing to vote someone out who was avoiding posting if it came to that but I'd probably need others to vote with me.

Mido

Version 1
Would you care to elaborate further on your thoughts on me? It seems somewhat contradictory based on this.

If I'm going to be honest, I don't think I explained myself well, and for that, I apologize. So I said that both you and Bok have some positive momentum after funnier's flip, however, this is only one part of the picture. It's a rather surface read of you, but I get a sort of "on the fence" vibe from your play this game, setting yourself up for being able to roll with numerous possibilities almost opportunistically. Then again, it's also good to be flexible as to not tunnel a specific game direction, so I'm not wholly certain the implications of this idea right now and have been back and forth on it. I also did not like the case you brought up against Bok with EMIYA as I've mentioned before, even if as I've mentioned you were not the only player following this line of thought.

Idk why I'm the only one who's willing to talk about setup anymore.

This game seems to be one of those exceptions, but I've never been too big on setup discussion these days. I used to do it a ton, town and scum in the past, but I never really felt like it meant anything in the big picture. Not saying what you're doing is meaningless (especially with the semi-open, randomized setup where some discussion is pertinent), but it's just something that I felt I relied on too much to buoy my own play in the past.

I'm split between who we should lynch. Kuro is definitely up there, but he's just plain inactive even though I pinged him before. Mido is almost null, but I could see him being a silent Goon who latched on to the musicfan lynch. And between Bok and Pendio, both of you have made fair points at one point and questionable arguments at another. I'm not sure who to trust just yet, but I can see one of you being the power role and the other being an SK.

I think your read of me is fair if activity and vote timing is anything to go by, but I should also mention that while my vote was late being the hammer and everything, I was among the first players to draw any attention to MF's behavior to begin with. I'd hardly say it was a latching attempt.

I'm the Town Role Cop and investigated funnier, Minish, and Yiga for reasons that should be clear. They all ended up being NKed, so I'm afraid that my information well is a little dry right now and lynching me would be the biggest possible mistake right now. Not like I'm going to survive the Night anyhow seeing as our Doctor is dead. This is the reason that I was reluctant to make any outstanding moves Day 1 and to claim, but you insisted so there you go.

There's just a couple of things I find interesting, assuming your claim is true:

Your targets intrigue me. Funnier is probably the most unclear to me because there wasn't too much you said about him over the course of Day 1. In fact, you more or less seemed to be coasting through that day. This leads me to the post I've probably been the most puzzled by from you throughout the game:

...Finally. >_>

Funny story: When I posted this I thought that we had an hour left in the Day and failed to take timezones into account.

Funnier story: funnier's push to get me to vote felt like he was sheeping Bok and trying to look Town, so that's why I was adamant about not giving in. If he'd survived then I would have advocated his lynch; there simply wasn't enough time to turn the tides. But good going, Pendio!

Funniest story: I get the feeling the part about funnier could have been easily stated in hindsight as he flipped scum, but that's not what bothers me the most and it's not the main reason I'm puzzled. I'm assuming you likely answered this already, but why call out Pendio as the killer here? It almost seems like if you were the role cop as you say, you would have had investigated Pendio Night 1? Either that, or the idea I entertained before your claim: misdirection. But, let's say you are one of either the Mafia or SK, why call out a player like this in a move that could potentially draw attention to yourself?

As far as Minish and YIGA are concerned, I can understand why you would investigate them since both players went after you with cases of varying strengths. Assuming this was why you investigated them, was their anything that caught your eye about them aide from their pursuits of you?

Pen

The game is on!
What I don't like about Pendio.

Day one he said he didn't see anything that made me suspicious.

Yet on day 2 he said he found me suspicious for things I did on day one despite originally saying he didn't think anything I said day one was scummy.
@Pendio

If you look at the reasons I had for suspecting you on day 2 though, you'll see that they are based in my newfound knowledge of funnier's role. I couldn't have had that information day 1.

Also I apologize for misunderstanding the setup earlier. I understand it now.

Also why suggest that Pendio or I may be the one who has the power role?

This also puzzles me quite a lot. I would love to hear Emiya's explanation to it.

I have no powers besides voting, so I cannot counter claim.

I apologise for my absence today. I've been slightly busy preparing for the two Mafia games that I am about to host soon. It's past 6 AM now and I need to get a little sleep. I'll check back here when I wake up though.

D

Deleted member 14134

This game seems to be one of those exceptions, but I've never been too big on setup discussion these days. I used to do it a ton, town and scum in the past, but I never really felt like it meant anything in the big picture. Not saying what you're doing is meaningless (especially with the semi-open, randomized setup where some discussion is pertinent), but it's just something that I felt I relied on too much to buoy my own play in the past.
Do you at least agree with me that there is one power role left in the game for town?
Unvote
I want to hear from @Kuro, if he doesn't come on and contribute I will be voting for him today. Since both Mido and Pendio don't seem to have a counter claim, unless Kuro is the one with the power role, Emiya is probably telling the truth. Still want to hear his explanations to the questions I asked him though.

D

Deleted member 14134

I apologise for my absence today. I've been slightly busy preparing for the two Mafia games that I am about to host soon. It's past 6 AM now and I need to get a little sleep. I'll check back here when I wake up though.
Have a good sleep.

Reactions: Pen

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Unvote

But do you really not have an answer to why you suggested Pendio or I would be the power role? Or why you investigated Minish? Maybe the answer is obvious but I want to hear that reasoning anyways.
Just in case something like this might happen.

Because Minish was hounding me nonstop and saved you from a lynch. It looked somewhat opportunistic.

Anyways, I'm moving on to my earlier suspect.

Vote: Kuro

It'll probably come down between him and Mido.

Mido

Version 1
Do you at least agree with me that there is one power role left in the game for town?

In all honesty, it makes sense even if I really haven't done much homework on it. Two power roles does look plausible with Spurs having the doctor previously noted.

Because Minish was hounding me nonstop and saved you from a lynch. It looked somewhat opportunistic.

Was YIGA's investigation of a similar reason in this case (More referring to the former point than the latter)?

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Was YIGA's investigation of a similar reason in this case (More referring to the former point than the latter)?
Partially? I didn't like Yiga's reasoning because it plainly looked like he was trying to set me up by pulling the whole reverse-psychology thing.

D

Deleted member 14134

In all honesty, it makes sense even if I really haven't done much homework on it. Two power roles does look plausible with Spurs having the doctor previously noted.
I take it his means you don't have a power role to counter claim Emiyas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom