• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Am I the Only One Who Thinks ALttP Doesn't Belong in the Child Side of the Timeline?

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Let me explain. When most people make the "split timeline" they do it like this:

/ WW-PH-ST
OoT
\ MM- TP- ALttP (I'm not bothering to add all the other games, this is just the basics)

My problem with ALttP belonging on the child side after TP is that in TP, Ganondorf is killed. D-E-A-D. As a doornail. So how is there Ganon in ALttP? yes, Ganondorf can break free of seals like in WW, but he can't come back from the dead! It just doesn't work. So why does everyone think that Ganon just magically comes back to life even though he was obviously killed in TP?

If someone could clear this up or offer another opinion that'd be great :)

Big Octo

=^)
Well, for the record, the FS series should come between TP and ALttP. Possible theories of Ganon coming back could be resurrection from his minions. Also, some don't believe that Ganon even died at the end of TP.

Well Ganon can come back, AoL explains how his minions are trying to resurrect him so we know it is possible for him to rise from the dead. He also gets 'partially' resurrected in OoX. So there is precedence. Plus he dies after TP and WW, no? So unless there is more then one split he has to come back somehow somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Well, for the record, the FS series should come between TP and ALttP. Possible theories of Ganon coming back could be resurrection from his minions. Also, some don't believe that Ganon even died at the end of TP.

yea, I've heard theories about the FS series coming in between TP and ALttP, and I suppose that makes sense because Vaati could have resurrected Ganon, I (this is only my personal opinion) just think it's unlikely. There was one timeline I saw that put ALttP on the adult timeline and it still made sense, but I don't remember the details, I'd have to look it up again.

and Seth, that is also true..I didn't think he died in WW, I just assumed he was "sealed" in stone with the Master Sword or something, kinda like how Vaati was sealed with the Four Sword.

Here's the timeline theory that I think is pretty good: (it was made before SS so I'm just assuming and putting it first)

/ WW- PH- ST- FSA- ALttP- LoZ- AoL-LA
SS- MC- FS- OoT
\ MM- TP- OoX

Last edited:
P

ProjectX26

I'm with the theory of Ganondorf the Gerudo and Ganon the weird-pig-monster-thing being two different things. GanonDORF may have been killed in TP, but Ganon survives.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I'm with the theory of Ganondorf the Gerudo and Ganon the weird-pig-monster-thing being two different things. GanonDORF may have been killed in TP, but Ganon survives.
yea, there's that theory too. I don't really know much about that one.

Big Octo

=^)
/ WW- PH- ST- FSA- ALttP- LoZ- AoL-LA
SS- MC- FS- OoT
\ MM- TP- OoX

It is implied, if not, directly stated, that LA is a direct sequel of ALttP. Also, how did the Four Sword get to New Hyrule? Same with the Master Sword, as well as the Triforce. I'm a firm believer that no games that have been released can come after ST.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I actually think it's pretty logical to put LoZ and AttP at the very end of the Adult Timeline. It makes sense that LoZ would come after ST and obviously AlttP comes after the origninal. So no, you're not the only one :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
He is not obviously killed.We don't even know if he's actually dead. He's standing up and the triforce only faded away rather than actually leaving him. And you are incorrect about him being able to come back from the dead. He came back in the oracle series and comes back in AOL if link is killed.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
He is not obviously killed.We don't even know if he's actually dead. He's standing up and the triforce only faded away rather than actually leaving him. And you are incorrect about him being able to come back from the dead. He came back in the oracle series and comes back in AOL if link is killed.

Standing up really doesn't have anything to do with it. WW Ganondorf is standing up, yet he's dead for good.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
He was stabbed through the chest, abandoned by the Triforce, and goes limp. Sounds like dead to me.

As for coming back, while he is only seen being revived once in OOX, we know of two ways at least that he CAN come back. It is possible that he has been brought back before in either of these manners.

Seth, that is also true..I didn't think he died in WW, I just assumed he was "sealed" in stone with the Master Sword or something, kinda like how Vaati was sealed with the Four Sword.
He did NOT have the Triforce of Power and a sword was embedded in his face! How could he survive that? And let's not forget that Link finds the Master Sword in a pedestal in LttP. Did someone just think it being in Ganondorf's face wasn't nice and moved it? Ganondorf died in WW and didn't come back, same goes for the Master Sword.

[video=youtube;xbE8E1ez97M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbE8E1ez97M[/video]
I couldn't resist. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom