• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Am I the Only One Who Misses This Feature?

in various Zelda games, Link had the ability to shoot lasers out of his sword, but we don't see it alot anymore, the last time we saw it was in Four Swords, and the last time before that was Zelda 2, personally i want to see that come back, it would make for interesting puzzles such as sine the arrows are just made of wood and all you could be able to shoot a laser out of yout sword through magic barriers or something like that and it would run on magic power instead of having it at full health and it could be a Great Fairy upgrade

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Well, most of the 2D games had this ability. But while it works in the 2D ones, I don't really see a practical reason or way to implement the feature in 3D. It would be cool, but I don't see it serving much purpose in the 3D world.

Game would be too easy in 3D. Defending yourself is greatly improved with the ability to Z-Target, and just think if you could shoot energy beams!

Game would be too easy in 3D. Defending yourself is greatly improved with the ability to Z-Target, and just think if you could shoot energy beams!

well it's like i said, it could run on magic power, it's not like it can be abused i mean it could be one of those things that use up a huge amount of your magic power that way it won't end up like the metal blades from Megaman 2 lol

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
It would be a great feature put in and a blast from the past for old school gamers.

A good reason even if it didn't take a lot of MP it would be great to have if you ran out of arrows or wanted at attack long distance without using arrows but then you could use the Hookshot or something like that to do the job.

I think that Fierce Diety had this ability in MM, but I would liketo see it come back in skyward sword.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
You can shoot sword beams in Skyward Sword all you have to do is hold your sword up in the air and wait till it charges then swing and it releases a sword beam. Thats pretty common knowledge how is it that you guys don't know this?:huh:

You can shoot sword beams in Skyward Sword all you have to do is hold your sword up in the air and wait till it charges then swing and it releases a sword beam. Thats pretty common knowledge how is it that you guys don't know this?:huh:

to be honest i had a lot of games i've been anticipating these last few months and Skyward Sword is one of those ggames that i had the least time to look into

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I remember when I first played the origian LoZ i was SO confused when a laser came out of Link's sword!!!

pacpix

AWESOME
I think it should stay in 2D games. I really don't know how well it would work in a 3D game. Although Nintendo usually surprises us and maybe it would be good. (just got to wait for SS)

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Fierce Deity Link had this ability... it made the otherwise challenging final boss a pushover.

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-DEAD

M

Mikau38

Ya, in Boss rooms, if you have magic then link shoots some kind of laser from the sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom