• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Am I The Only One Who Has Had Zero Problems W. the Wii Motion Plus?

I recently got Skyward Sword, and I should start off by saying it's taking the spot in my heart as my favorite Zelda Game (sorry Wind Waker)
ANYWAYS, I remember reading in some reviews that although the Motion Controls work great, they can sometimes be a hassle, and re-calibrating the WMP had to be done a lot.
Am I the only one, from the beginning of the game until now (I'm currently at the Sandship) has had no problems with WMP? I've not had to re-calibrate once or anything. Every item, every sword move, and every puzzle I've never had to stop and adjust or try and fix the WMP, I think it really works perfectly.
Does anyone see the controls as perfectly as I do? Have you had problems with the motion controls? Do you prefer motions or buttons? Discuss!

The motion controls are awesome and imperfect. The imperfectness is fine, however, because swordplay in SS was revolutionary and fun. Anyways, I didn't really have problems with it, I had to recalibrate here and there, but I was fine.

I don't know, maybe you're lucky. I know the only time i have to re calibrate is when i pause the game until the wiimote shuts off. Other than that everything has gone smooth. If i change my location around the TV i do have to center it. I don't have a problem with the WMP and this is my first time using it.

M

MOTOVRES

I had my fair share of problems, mostly when I was locked on.

When not locked on everything was great.

Also the recentering was an almost constant for me and sucked hard.

Overall I enjoyed the controls, but would happily go back to a mix of buttons and pointing for obvios things like The Bow and Clawshots.

From beaten the game twice I can tell that people was making many errors when they tried to perform actions of the gameplay. I noticed this error when I was riding that mine ramp in Lanayu Sand Sea and at first I thought the controls were being wonky on this part of the game. Its the same with diving and as I have said I thought the controls didn't work and after several tries it was in fact me that was making the errors and not the controller. On the mine ramp mini game the player is supposed to slightly tilt the Wiimote from left to right instead of turning it completely on its side. I think by turning it completely on whatever side makes the motion bar input it as the other direction despite the the player turning on its perpective side and this causes it to move to the opposite side of the cart. As for diving this has a learning curve to it and by tilting the controller either up or low or backing up will maneuver Link in diving to whether direction he needs to go. I will admit it did take me a while to figure this out but as I said this just has a learning curve to it.

MW7

My controls worked perfectly as well. Some people might have genuine problems with theirs, but I think the majority of "problems" are actually that people don't know what they're doing. I think this is especially the case with some of the reviewers who complained about the controls. It's possible to have the occasional glitch or mistake, but really the controls were virtually perfect. For example Tom McShea just really is awful at the game. He talked about having trouble thrusting with the sword and screwing up while aiming items and ending up staring at the floor. To be honest I had the former problem starting out with the game. Now I have realized that I just wasn't doing it right- now I could pull off a successful thrust every time. People don't bother mastering the game's controls and then blame the controls when they mess up. It's not easy to master combat, but once you do you realize that the controls are absolutely perfect.

The other possiblity is that the controls are a little weird, and you just have to adjust to them to make them work correctly. Once you get it though there shouldn't be any problems.

Having said all that, I'd still prefer traditional controls slightly.

Last edited:
I had to re calibrate the controller a few times but usually (i think always) i was the one at falt the controller dosent have a brain anyway remeber 10% rule be 10% smarter than your equipment

I had to re-calibrate a lot. but I feel like that was more of a precaution, and it had to do with my Wii and sensor bar more then the game. It didn't affect my game play, I thought it was one of the best control schemes I've seen this far in the series!

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
Most people that have problems are too close to the sensor that's why.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
The controls worked out very well for me. Occasionally I'll swing one way and the WMP will mess up for a second and Link will swing in some other way but it fixes itself a second later. I have a similar problem with the sensor bar of my Wii. Sometimes I point to the screen and the pointer will be upside down and on the other side of the screen even though I'm holding it normally. Back to the WMP: the only other problems I've had technically weren't problems with the controller itself, I was just holding the remote the wrong way. I also have a little bit of a problem charging the Skyward Strike/sword beam type thing. Still, even those problems are not bad enough to really suck the fun out of the game. They're minor inconveniences.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
The one thing besides me having no problems was the beetle! I had moved the croser in the center and i wanted to move left. So i move my remote left, but it Be's a deku nut and move right! :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom