• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Like It?

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
First of all I know I am going to get some criticism on how the game is good or something but I just want to know, am I the only one who doesnt like it? I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad game I just don't seem to like it... Oh and it's not because I don't like 2d Zelda, I love OoX LoZ and LA but I don't seem to like this one.

First of all I know I am going to get some criticism on how the game is good or something but I just want to know, am I the only one who doesnt like it? I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad game I just don't seem to like it... Oh and it's not because I don't like 2d Zelda, I love OoX LoZ and LA but I don't seem to like this one.

I don't happen to agree, but you are entitled to your opinion. :)

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time

I dont blame you really :P. Is there a reason why you don't like A Link to the Past? I remember the first time I played through it, I actually didn't like the game at all. I think this was because I found it really hard. But now it ranks up at like 2nd place in my list of favourite Zelda games :)

i kinda get ya. LttP was one of my 1st zelda games, but it doesnt rank very high for me either. its a good game, no doubt. but i feel it sort of lacks structure...i didnt really get the story until i read the manga, and thats not even canon.

When I first played and beat ALttP, I knew that it was my favorite video game, but it isn't yours I see. Just play it more, then you should enjoy it more. The game has an amazing soundtrack, very good graphics for its time, and a perfect mix between action, puzzles, exploration, and item collection which is what the Zelda series is known for. I can go on, but you should keep playing it, and if you still don't like it, then that is fine. For me it is a perfect game. The Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past > Any other video game(Maybe Skyward Sword will beat it)

Last edited:

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I can't see why you could hate it. It's the best Zelda game, IMO. It's not my favorite Zelda game to play, but it's the best Zelda game. If you don't like the difficulty of Alttp, but you love LoZ, good sir, I say "HUH?!". I've always found the original harder than the rest of the Zelda series. But, everyone is entitled to thier own opion. And besides the difficulty, can you give us more reasons?

uhm, answering your question, no, you are not the only one who doesn't like it, I think, why you don't like it? well, if you don't know, you cant expect me to do :P

i think there isn't anything that is liked by all the people, there are many different tastes

and, if you want to hear my opinion, I love it, it is one of my 5 (tied) favorite game ever, along OoT, MM, WW, and TP, and I (sadly) played ALTTP after those 4 games, still is awesome to me, but as you can see, not everyone is gonna agree

:)

MW7

Obviously you're not the only one but you're definitely one of very few who feel that way. I played most of the games in the series before ALTTP, and I feel like it stands out from the rest of the Zelda games because it is hard to criticize. I really cannot perceive any flaws in this game. If you could be more specific in what you didn't like about the game, I'd be really interested in hearing what you think.

Having said that, I personally don't rank ALTTP high on my list of favorite Zelda games. I can't put my finger on it but I just didn't enjoy the game as much as LOZ, LA, OOT, MM, or WW. However I think that if you objectively critique the game, ALTTP is the greatest game in the Zelda series due to many factors (number and quality of dungeons is one that especially sticks out when compared to other games in the series).

Also I felt like it wasn't that hard really, maybe because I played Zelda 1 and 2 before playing ALTTP. Also I played many of the other games in the series first so I was very familiar with the gameplay.

Last edited:

Twilight

Storming Twilight
I also didn't like ALttP when I first played it, and I must confess though, my opinion had not been through tons of changes until now from the past. I'm not a hater of it, but I'm also not a lover. I don't find ALttP that amazing. It has some good features, but they hadn't surprised me that much. I don't think it looks really realistic or exciting because I like 3D games better. I like the music but the game, not so much.

Or else, I'd play it if it was a last option and actually have fun with it. But in a way to forceful way to have fun with it. I don't hate it though.

Please don't bash me - I have always been a 3D games lover, and ALttP was never quite my game D:

Mido

Version 1
I was a little frustrated in the beginning, but I really began to enjoy it once I got to the Dark World. I personally think the game was great as a whole, but I do se where you're coming from.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
How can you not like the game? Well, can't change what you don't like:P When I first played it, I couldn't finish the 1st Dark World Palace. So, I didn't bother to finish it. Once I got older, I started to play the game fully finishing it. Well, not fully:sweat: I absolutely love this game. It's my #1 Zelda game^^ Everything in the game was just pure epic and amazing. Well, I'm just glad that you don't hate it. You just don't like the game, LoZ: ALTTP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom