• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Am I the Only One That Finds This Ironic?

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
Is it weird that in most games the MASTER sword is not the strongest sword in most of the games?

One example is the Biggorons sword is stronger than the master sword.

Yeah, that is weird. You would think that 'the blade of Evil's bane' would just so totally own all the other swords. I guess that Nintendo wanted to be able to have a story sword that's always available, but also allow you to upgrade to something that can make the game easier. For instance, while you can get the Biggoron's sword, you don't necessarily have to use it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, it's the Master Sword, not the Uber Sword. And, it is more magical than it is physical (if that makes sense), so I wouldn't expect it to be as strong as the Biggoron's Sword. Pretty ironic fact that is, though. :xd:

Big Octo

=^)
Yeah, just because it's a legendary sword doesn't mean it's the best sword. They never said it was impossible to make a stronger sword. What's wierd in ALttP, though, is that the best sword is the Golden Sword, while in reality, gold is very weak! :lol:

Also, in WW and TP, the Master Sword is the best sword you can get.

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
Glad to see other people have the same view as me. :)

Yeah, just because it's a legendary sword doesn't mean it's the best sword. They never said it was impossible to make a stronger sword. What's wierd in ALttP, though, is that the best sword is the Golden Sword, while in reality, gold is very weak! :lol:

Also, in WW and TP, the Master Sword is the best sword you can get.

You're right, because in real life gold is not very strong.

BloodKnight88

bringer of despair
yeah. i get what you mean. the Master Swords magical properties give it the advantage over other swords, even if they are stronger. In ALTTP trying to reflect Aghanim's magic fireball back at him with that a regular sword would only get you electrocuted (i assume). but the master sword. can reflect it back no problem. only question i have is why you get electrocuted anyway if you strike his body. That's only time I've ever seen that. was there a reason why that happens? i always found that confusing.

Is it weird that in most games the MASTER sword is not the strongest sword in most of the games?

One example is the Biggorons sword is stronger than the master sword.

That is true mate.
The only problem with the Big Goron sword is that it takes both hands to hold it meaning you cannot use your shield.

I was wondering can you defeat Ganon in OoT using the Big Goron sword.
Id expect only the Master sword to be able to defeat him.

But yes i like the idea of there being a stronger sword or another sword you can get.
Although in WW the Master swoed is the strongest and it just looks amazing.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
First of all, swords stronger than the Master sword are not ironic.

That being said, the Master Sword was initially created for one game: A Link to the Past. Back when they made that game, there were no plans for a sequel, much less for the Master Sword to appear in one. Which is evident when you look at what eventually became the next Zelda game that was released: Link's Awakening. A game without a Master Sword.

But the harder-better-faster-stronger mentality of sequels in general combined with "throw this or that element in for fans of the franchise" led to the Master Sword getting used again and again, with stronger and mightier swords in almost every title of the series. They don't want to get repetitive by making the Master Sword the strongest sword in every game, but they do want to include the Master Sword as an easter egg for us. Which leads to the Master Sword not being the strongest sword.
And it's not like the name is badly chosen. It is still Ganon's master and the weapon of choice whenever this particular evil has to be banned. It's just that there are better swords for other enemies.

S

sam40400

No not really, for example the biggorons sword can't kill ganon(well i never tried to but supposedly only the master sword can hurt ganon cuz hes immortal because of the triforce of power i think) and also it's much slower(for example you can attack right after you take the master sword out of its scabbard but not the biggorons sword) also you can't use your shield, i find these as pretty big handicaps but even if they aren't, the master sword is still better since it can travel through time to stop evil, which the biggorons sword cant do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom