• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Am I Reading the Timeline Right?

I'm a bit new here but I'd like to know if this is how the timeline splits at OoT.

From looking at the Hyrule Historia timeline page, it appears that the "hero is defeated" timeline comes from the final time link removes the MS mainly because he never returns to that timeline. (I also noticed many at ZD don't seem to like the "hero is defeated" timeline) Then the child timeline I believe is created at the end when Zelda sends Link back and he warns her of Ganondorf, followed by Ganondorf getting executed. (as mentioned in the Hyrule Historia) The final timeline (adult timeline) is where Link defeates Ganon. (final boss fight, also mentioned in hyrule historia)

How far off was I? :)

Well, you got most of it right. For the Child and Adult Timeline at least. The Downfall Timeline is caused when Ganondorf and Link battled at the top of Ganon's Tower for the control of the Triforce, but ends with Ganondorf defeating Link. There was never really any timeline doomed when Link travels back in time except the Adult Timeline, where Zelda permanently sent Link back to live his childhood after defeating Ganon.

You got it right in my opinion. You see when Link pulled the MS from the pedastal. He did not go back to his home universe. He went to another universe that pushed him into the future. Which I call the adult Universe. What I mean by this is that he Number 1: Picked up the MS 2. Was sent through time into another Universes future. He was then sent back in time to the child Universe. While never returning to his home universe. Which is the failed timeline. There are 3 Universes, each of them make the timeline. I could go on with how well it all fits in but what would be the point.:shake:

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
The downfall timeline is, in its simplest form, a "what-if" timeline

Going deeper, it shows a lot about the development of Zelda, and opens up the possibility of a quantum multiverse in Zelda

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
You pretty much have it, although you can just omit the supposed "downfall timeline"....no one here cares about that too much. I believe it was a cheap way to tie together lose ends.

Thanks for the responses everyone. If the downfall timeline is a what-if scenario, what happened to the timeline where link removes the master sword and never returns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom