• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Alttp's Flute in the Dark World

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Good day everyone. So, at the end of alttp, Link chases Ganon from the Tower back to the pyramid using his flute and kindly bird friend. At previous points in the game, you could only use the flute in the Light World. I've always wondered what exactly changed.. is there an explanation for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

The One
...You know, I've never even thought anything of this. But now that you mention it, I do wonder how Link manages to call the bird in the dark world...
Perhaps it's because the dark world and the light world are starting to fluctuate and open portals to one another?

That's the best I can come up with.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Ya know I think this should be in the zelda mysteries section but oh well.

Anyways my theory is that because of the 'dark hour' that alttp link saved the world from was portals opening all over the place leading to and from the dark world. Because of this link was able to summon his light world bird thus allowing him to quickly follow Ganon.

I love the stuff that's said on the pedestal of time in alttp. Just classic.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. The bird could hear the melody through the portal and just flew right in. Smart thinking. :D

...You know, I've never even thought anything of this. But now that you mention it, I do wonder how Link manages to call the bird in the dark world...
Perhaps it's because the dark world and the light world are starting to fluctuate and open portals to one another?

That's the best I can come up with.

Ya know I think this should be in the zelda mysteries section but oh well.

Anyways my theory is that because of the 'dark hour' that alttp link saved the world from was portals opening all over the place leading to and from the dark world. Because of this link was able to summon his light world bird thus allowing him to quickly follow Ganon.

I love the stuff that's said on the pedestal of time in alttp. Just classic.
Makes a lot of sense.

I also didn't really notice this until it was brought up here. They probably didn't put much thought into it and just added that to be cool and have a climactic moment at the end. Also it would have been a pain and quite anti-climactic if you then had to walk all the way over to the Pyramid of Power. :P

Well the bird would always fly him to the areas he had to go next, according to the map (if anyone payed attention to that). Going to the Pyramid of Power would only make sense since it was the next and final place to go.

CZG

Yeah, the warp function is ok....
But the bird wasn't ever in the dark world.

Even weirder, if you go back to Ganons Tower (boss room) and play it again, it doesn't work.
It's a one time thing somehow.

I agree, it would be very sucky to walk there by yourself while Ganon actually flies there.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
What if you didn't get the flute? You don't have to get it. Do you? Of course, I've gotten it every time I've played the game because it saves a whole lot of time.

But you don't have to get it. If you don't, would he still play it. How though? YOU DON'T HAVE IT!

The flute is a required item in A Link to the Past, well all Zelda games for that matter.

CZG

Yes, otherwise you'd be stuck right before dungeon 4 (?) - The one in Kakariko Village with Blind the Thief and all that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom