• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler (Alttp) The Link´s Wish

Hi zelda dungeon!

As you know, at the end of this amazing game, link gets the triforce, as we see in WW, you can make a wish to the triforce when it is complete.

At the end of Alttp, we can see that all the people is saved by the wish of link (the king return, your uncle is back, etc), but, what do you think exactly was the wish? because, it can even revived ganon by mistake by wishing something like revive the people that died since x point

simple, what do you think was the wish of link and what consequences do you think it make?

dumb180

Warrior Postman
The Triforce from Alttp said:
Now, touch it with a wish in your heart.

Judging from the Triforce's wording and from Link's actions in the ending scene, I don't believe it was a spoken wish. The Triforce instantly knew what Link desired, and I think that was for the world to go back to the way it was before Agahnim.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think it would be something along the lines of "All would be right in the world." Basically meaning to help everyone Link had encountered and had helped him in his quest during the game. He probably wanted to help everyone he met in some way but couldn't. So the Triforce granting Link's heart's desire did just that.

G

Giraffe Link

I think Link's wish, that he conveyed through his heart, since all evil had been destroyed is that he wanted everyone killed by Ganon's forces to be revived.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I agree with several members in here, about what it meant. I don't think it was a spoken wish, but rather, the triforce new what he wanted.

At the end of Alttp, we can see that all the people is saved by the wish of link (the king return, your uncle is back, etc), but, what do you think exactly was the wish? because, it can even revived ganon by mistake by wishing something like revive the people that died since x point

This portion raised my curiosity a bit. While not pictured in the ending, what is left of Ganon? I suppose the obvious answer is well... Link defeated him and he's gone. However, if time did revert, and everybody who was injured/died is now back, as it shows in the ending (The Sage in the Sanctuary, Link's Uncle, etc...), it seems rather villainous if Ganon remains dead. Perhaps he's given a second chance but is no longer evil?

I doubt that's true, and we're not meant to find out, but it just got me thinking. Although Ganon is pretty much pure evil. We never really see a good side to him. He's not like a villain like... Bowser from Super Mario, who is the villain, but isn't pure evil. I don't mean to sound too biblical, but it's the 'Forgive them, for they know not what they do' type thinking. Not sure if that translates into Hyrule and the video game world. :) Just some thoughts.

Djinn

and Tonic
I agree with several members in here, about what it meant. I don't think it was a spoken wish, but rather, the triforce new what he wanted.

This portion raised my curiosity a bit. While not pictured in the ending, what is left of Ganon? I suppose the obvious answer is well... Link defeated him and he's gone. However, if time did revert, and everybody who was injured/died is now back, as it shows in the ending (The Sage in the Sanctuary, Link's Uncle, etc...), it seems rather villainous if Ganon remains dead. Perhaps he's given a second chance but is no longer evil?

I have actually thought about the rewinding time issue myself and for this same reason. That is why I do not believe that time backing up is actually what happened. Or else things might have rewound back to the time Ganon found the triforce. What I assumed happened comes from everyone living a happier life in the ending sequence are people that Link encountered and interacted with. (except the King) And he personally saw their plight during the course of his quest and as a hero wished to help them. And that I believe was his wish, that he could help the people who had helped him. But I am just repeating what I said earlier. Only giving the reason why I think these things.

A

Avia Rayne

Judging from the Triforce's wording and from Link's actions in the ending scene, I don't believe it was a spoken wish. The Triforce instantly knew what Link desired, and I think that was for the world to go back to the way it was before Agahnim.

I have to agree as well. I believe it was said in Ocarina of Time that whoever touches the Triforce, the Sacred Relam will reflect what was in that person's heart. I believe this is also mentioned at the very end of A Link to the Past as well, when the Triforce is speaking to Link, but I can't recall for sure. So this would mean that when Ganon touched the Triforce in ALttP, he had an evil heart and that was what turned the Golden Land (aka, the Sacred Relam) into the Dark World. I believe that because Link is the embodiment of good, as well as he is always the one chosen by the gods to undo what Ganon has done, the ending sequence of ALttP reflects Link's pure heart. He wanted to help all those he met as well as return peace to Hyrule.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
As others have said, I don't think it was necessarily a spoken wish, but was only a reflection of what Link desired, and that was obviously just for the evil too be gone and everything to be right again.

Another question which came up here was where Ganon is after AlttP. He was killed by Link. BUT(!) see what I wrote above Link wished. So the events were reversed. Ganon is back and sealed again. Later he brakes out of the seal again... Going to the WW.

P

pjsmoulder

I think it was probably along the lines of something unspoken, that the goddesses knew what he wanted. Maybe he gave over the decision over to them, subconsciously. Ganon had taken the fate of the world out of the hands of it's creators, and Link wishing to 'make things right' could concievably have given the wish to them.

Does anyone remember that episode of the X-files with the genie, where Mulder wishes for world peace, and she makes everybody in the world - except for Mulder himself - disappear. This implies that personal perspective is very important, and raises an existential tree-forest question as to whether not only that world peace is specific to the opinion of an individual (in this case it was implied that it was the genie's opinion that the world would be better off without everyone), but that it also has to be observed by someone, and in this case perhaps someone external to the genie herself, i.e. Mulder.

Anyway, my point was that, maybe, just MAYBE, Link understood all of these things (though probably not the X-files genie thing), as his quest would have undoubtedly made him wise beyond his years (and we all know he's a considerate and humble fellow), and feared the responsibilty of the wish. I think I would.

Another question which came up here was where Ganon is after AlttP. He was killed by Link. BUT(!) see what I wrote above Link wished. So the events were reversed. Ganon is back and sealed again. Later he brakes out of the seal again... Going to the WW.

Wait... I like this too. Mash this in with what I said. Brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crono

Hylian Rebel
I thought it was pretty clear when we see certain people return to life such as the King and Link's uncle at the end. It was probably something along the lines of restore everything that Ganon had destroyed.

H

handheldgamer14

I think Link wished for an epic ending music, and to have the legendary(untempered?) master sword back so that he could put it in its forever resting place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom