• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

AlttP questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Hi! I have some questions regarding this game. Do you people get the shovel (and flute) before entering the Ice Temple? I do not (always forget that) and have some problems getting back to the dark world (which should be a requirement for obtaining the shovel). I normally go to the death mountain and use the first portal. The problem is that while in the dark world it seems impossible to get back to the forest where the boy with the shovel is (I get stuck in the mountain). So I have to kill myself and then start from the pyramid. But I guess that there should be a way without doing so. Can somebody please help me?

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I usually get the flute after I can access that part of the map after the first Dark World dungeon since you get the hammer.

I don't know why you would have so much trouble with it afterwards. Once you have the hammer you have access to several warps to the Dark World (in particular the swamp one). Or you can use the point that is created when you use the mirror.

Indeed. I just replayed through it on Meh ROM, and I do it after the Swamp Palace. You shouldn't have any trouble, all you need to get through it is the Magic Mirror. Get the Shovel from the guy in Dark World, then use the Mirror to go to Light World and get the flute, then back to Dark World in the Portal and get the Flute.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
My problem is that I can´t get away from the ice temple without using the mirror and then you´re suddenly in the light world (and outside the temple). Is there really a warp in the swamp whilst you´re in the light world? I have too look for it!! (I can´t get away fom the ice temple being in the dark world and if you use the mirror in one spot...then hard to use it again!!!)

(I guess it´s good the thread was moved)

Last edited:
Ah. Well, you could always use the warp at Hyrule Castle, just walk in through the front gate and it will transport you to Dark World. =D

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It's not about your question,but it's a sequence break i always do:
after beating the first dark world dungeon and obtain the magic hammer,head for Outcast Village(dark world's Kakariko Village) and just beat the dungeon in there,so you can free the other smithy brother and have the lv.3 sword quickly,to make the rest of the game easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom