• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ALTTP and TP Question.

I just noticed (yeah I'm late) that in ALTTP when you enter the "dark world" you turn into a bunny (that's about as far as I got into the game tbh)

and in TP when you enter the "twilight world" (aka dark world?) you turn into a wolf.

so that's an obvious link to the games, why aren't they in the same timeline and what's the overall deal here?

don't dumb anything down, I understand the timeline I just want to know the overall ties those games have to eachother.

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
Well, the way they explained it in TP was that it was the only form he could survive in while in the twilight realm. I haven't played ALTTP, so I wouldn't know their explanation. Keep playing and maybe they'll tell you.

the dark world from ALttP is the Sacred Realm. When Ganon touched the Triforce in the BackStory of ALttP the SR started to give everbody an appearance that best fits him. Ganon turned into a pig monster and Link into a bunny (don't know why this fits Link best, but thats the official explanasion.) The SR itself turned into the Dark World because of Ganon's evil.

The twilight from TP is normal Hyrule that lost it light. Everbody turns into this flame-like things there, except Link because he has the ToC. He turns into a wolf because there is a prophecy among the the twili (the people from the twilight realm) that the hero will have the appearance of a divine beast. Zelda stays Hylian cause of her ToW in the twilight.

The Twilight Realm and the Sacred Realm are not the same world, and as far as I know they lack any kind of connection (save for a similar name). When Link enters the Twilight Realm he, as a light-being protected by the ToC, is transformed into a wolf. The Dark World of AlttP is the corrupted Sacred Realm (aka Golden Land), where everybody turns into a representation of their heart (and Link turns into a bunny).

/Blue Window

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The Twilight and the Dark World are two completely different things and have no connection. As you can read in comments above ^^^,
the dark world is actually the sacred realm where the triforce was kept transformed (due to ganon obtaining the triforce). It transformed the beings in it into what they're soul would be represented as. I think from somewhere I read that Link turned into a bunny to show that in his soul he is really innocent and pure of heart (not some brute knight) much like a bunny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom