• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Alternate World of Termina

Majora's Cat

How about that
Termina has always been a subject that puzzles me. Where exactly is it located? At the start of the game, you are walking through a dense forest, and you are surrounded by trees in a rather mysterious setting. So, where did Link go after his departure from Hyrule? How did he find himself in Termina? I sometimes don't believe that a land so similar to Hyrule could really be in another random part of the world. The similarities suggest an alternate universe rather than a distant land. Many characters from Ocarina of Time return with different names. Therefore, Majora's Mask's Termina could not just be a land Link traveled to on horseback - it is a land Link had reached through some phenomenon. Nintendo explains how the time passes between OoT and MM quite poorly, and leaves a humongous gap in the middle. How did Link come to be in a supposed alternate dimension? How does he get back? I really want to know what you think. :D

Kybyrian

I'm not too familiar with Zelda Theory, since I typically avoid it to keep myself from having to learn all this stuff about timelines and everything else, but I do believe I can answer this.

This is how it goes:

Link is looking for Navi in the woods, when he encounters Skull Kid. We are all familiar with the beginning of Majora's Mask. He falls into the hole and walks down the path in the bottom of the Clock Tower. If I'm correct, something goes on here. It's like the world is twisting and changing, I believe. At this point, as you are walking down this path, Link enters a new land called Termina. This is basically a mirror of the world of Ocarina of Time in quite a few ways. So, to answer your question, Termina is kind of an alternate world entered through the basement of the Clock Tower.

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ Kybyrian

Most people know that to begin with, but what really stumps me is how Link got to that forest in the first place. :S

Kybyrian

@ Kybyrian

Most people know that to begin with, but what really stumps me is how Link got to that forest in the first place. :S

There is really no way of knowing, I suppose. He was just searching for Navi, so perhaps he just wandered off into a forest to look for her. He stumbled into the forest with the skull kid and passage to Termina by chance, I suppose.

some people say that the woods he was in were the lost woods, and he was looking for navi there, then he gets mugged yadda yadda then he falls down the hole, now what i think is that when you fall down the hole THATS when you get transported to termina, not when you enter the clock tower as kybyrian said earlier, but it could be either. It just seems like you are being transported when you fall because all these images of masks fly past you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom