• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Alternate Way to Defeat Dark Link

S

Super Goombario

I have seen many tutorials point out that the best way to defeat Dark Link is with the Master Sword. It's my 3rd choice, it makes the battle last about 10 minutes. I have seen them mention the Biggoron sword, and it's my 2nd choice. Not bad, about 5 minutes. But if there is a faster way than these tactics that aren't at tedious as bombs or as lengthy as the swords?

...the Megaton Hammer...

Yes, the megaton hammer. No more fighting him in 30-second intervals, praying this is his last life. One hit of the Megaton hammer takes his life. Hit him on the shield? He dies, on to the next life. Hit him on the leg? He dies, next life. Hit him virtually anywhere and you can take him out on the spot. As apposed to a 5-10 minute battle, it should now last no longer than 2 minutes.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
Well first off id like to say that Dark Links health depends on your health.
Whatever the maximum amount of hearts you have when you fight him is the same amount he will have. So when testing out the fastest ways to kill him, you should take into consideration that you should have the same amount amount of hearts for every weapon.

S

Super Goombario

Hmm, okay. While what I said about exact timing may be off, I must stand with the fact that the Megaton hammer is an easy way to speed your battle up, tenfold.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
The Megaton Hammer is a great weapon and is very efficient against Dark Link, but I find the Biggoron's Sword is more useful against him. Have you even used the Biggoron Sword's thrust move? It is very fast and Dark Link has no way to guard against it. Of course, you might miss a couple of times if your timing is off, but it's length should suffice for some of that. For the most part, you should be able to nail him right in the chest. It's my opinion, but the Biggoron's Sword is the best tactic when it comes to fighting Dark Link. Don't get me wrong though, the Megaton Hammer works great, but I just wish it was a little longer so I wouldn't miss Dark Link as he backflips away. Still, I think both of them are better choices than the Master Sword.

S

Super Goombario

I've never used the thrust move on dark link, no, but does it "kill" him in one hit? If so then I would see how it would be a better choice than the Megaton hammer.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
It won't defeat him in one hit, he'll keep on coming back depending on how many hearts you have.
I find it very fast to finish him off though, and if I wanted to, could probably defeat him in about less than a minute.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I just get three bottles, put magic potion in each one and then use Din's Fire over and over until he dies. If I don't, he is a very nasty mini boss! But, a very fun one at that :)

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
The way I always did it was that I had a bottle of green potion. I went into the room, started fighting, then i used Din's Fire on him until he died. If I ran out of magic, I would just drink the green potion.

Just like UsayEldaZay. That way it only took a a few minutes.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
The hammer is as has been mentioned an effective tool. But I see no reason to use it. The Master Sword works fine for me and in about one minute I will have finished him (using the Master Sword)!

I usually use the megaton hammer anyway, after my brother found out the effectiveness about it.

I can never beat him with the Master Sword.

If I'm too lazy, I just use Din's Fire and and magic potion.

^ I used to do that last bit too, that and the Biggoron Sword. I remember I tried Megaton Hammer but gave up on its short reach, I could not hit it. xD

Myself, I actually try to make it last, so I use Deku nuts to stun him before he finishes up becoming black.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I found an easy way to beat him. You hold your shield (no Z-target), then quickly lock on to him and do the jump attack. His timing is horrible in that, so he'll only have time to take down his shield. When I had no idea how to fight him first time, I just used Din's Fire until I ran out of it. Thankfully, I also had the double magic. This was also my first Zelda, so I had no idea about extra heart pieces, making him a bit easier since he didn't have as much health according to your equal health theory. When I ran out of magic the first time beating him, I tried to use the Megaton hammer, as well. Although it was a bit hard to control it.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Yeah, I always used the megaton hammer too. Spamming Din's Fire also seems to work fine. :P

The Master Sword on the other hand... Well... Never mind. >_>

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I really didn't find him difficult to fight with the Master Sword. It didn't even occur to me to try and use other items, but then I was playing this game originally before there were online walkthroughs and the like. I also like to try and draw out battles longer than they need to be. I'm much rather have a satisfying fight against him with the sword than hit him a couple of times and be on my way.

Z

Zero the Cursed

i used the longshot. works not very well, but when u skip the fire temple and just get the bow in the forest temple, oh and dont get the magic meter thats all i had to use so yea. took awhile but i got him. all i did was repeatedly tap the button......alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom