• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Alternate Link/Dark Link

Has anyone noticed that in the newest trailer when Link is unconscious the person beside him swinging the hammer resembles what COULD be the "alternate Link" that Hilda mentions?

original.jpg

If you look closely he is wearing what looks to be the same thing Link was wearing in the beginning of the game. While he was working as a smith. This person is quite obviously a smith, and considering Lorule mirrors Hyrule, this character could very well be the "alternate Link."

Here is the video for those who haven't seen it or would like to see it again. It starts around 0:17. (Amazing trailer btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_auhDR8VjU

So, what do you guys think?

Has anyone noticed that in the newest trailer when Link is unconscious the person beside him swinging the hammer resembles what COULD be the "alternate Link" that Hilda mentions?

original.jpg

If you look closely he is wearing what looks to be the same thing Link was wearing in the beginning of the game. While he was working as a smith. This person is quite obviously a smith, and considering Lorule mirrors Hyrule, this character could very well be the "alternate Link."

Here is the video for those who haven't seen it or would like to see it again. It starts around 0:17. (Amazing trailer btw)

Also, we can see Link has the bracelet that gives him the power to travel between worlds. So could this have been his first trip? Maybe it knocked him out, and this character, be it "alternate Link" or not, saved him somehow?

Last edited:

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space

View attachment 34734

Also, we can see Link has the bracelet that gives him the power to travel between worlds. So could this have been his first trip? Maybe it knocked him out, and this character, be it "alternate Link" or not, saved him somehow?
wow i didnt even notice that. Its a possiblity i really hope its dark link or lorule link that would be epic

wow i didnt even notice that. Its a possiblity i really hope its dark link or lorule link that would be epic

It's definitely a possibility. I just noticed it and was surprised i haven't seen it anywhere else. Really hoping for some new info before release. A month is too damn long.

On an unrelated note, you need to get on the ball on playing Zelda. You have only beaten 7 of them? You're missing out bro.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Nice spot but if you look closer, in the trailer that is, you can see this figure has a round nose (very uncharacteristic of Link) and a ginger beard (again, unlike Link). It could be a possible counterpart but I really doubt it - in fact, this figure seems to be the counterpart of the Dwarven Swordsmith who appeared in A Link to the Past - who also wielded a large hammer too.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
That's not dark link or alternate link.
That is the blacksmith who link works for, link is a blacksmith in this game

That's not dark link or alternate link.
That is the blacksmith who link works for, link is a blacksmith in this game

I don't think it is because it looks like Lorule in that picture. I could be wrong, but It seems possible.

Nice spot but if you look closer, in the trailer that is, you can see this figure has a round nose (very uncharacteristic of Link) and a ginger beard (again, unlike Link). It could be a possible counterpart but I really doubt it - in fact, this figure seems to be the counterpart of the Dwarven Swordsmith who appeared in A Link to the Past - who also wielded a large hammer too.

Ah, I see the beard now. I originally thought he was the dwarf smith from Alttp, but then looked at him as the alternate Link. It's still possible...unlikely, but possible.

Edit:
The nose threw me off, I thought it was his hair. Well there goes that theory. Ah well.

Last edited:

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
On an unrelated note, you need to get on the ball on playing Zelda. You have only beaten 7 of them? You're missing out bro.
Also on an unrelated note Sorry My signature was outdated i have beaten a total of 15 games i had the last couple of ones but didn't beat them yet as you can see my signature says games beaten.

Also on an unrelated note Sorry My signature was outdated i have beaten a total of 15 games i had the last couple of ones but didn't beat them yet as you can see my signature says games beaten.

Did you just update that? There was only 7 on there before.

Salem

SICK
Do you remember that family picture that many assumed it's Link's family? You know with the big nosed guy and little kid that looks like Link?

Of course, that Blacksmith could be the father, but I remember in one of the videos for ALBW, the one revealed in NEw York Comic Con, that man's wife was standing outside the smith's house in kakariko village, so it's safe to assume this family are the blacksmiths family.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Yeah, that's obviously not Dark Link/Lorule's Link mostly since it seems to be a scene that's from the beginning of the game. Plus, like the others have said, that man appears be a dwarven blacksmith. Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect Dark Link to be in the game at all. Hopefully, if Nintendo makes a sequel, they will finally give Dark Link the major role he is supposed to have. However, knowing Nintendo these days, they will probably just keep using Ganon and leave Dark Link as a simple piece of nothing of trial.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I'm with Vita on this one, except that i think its very possible we see Dark Link in this game. Its been a good while since we have seen him, and this plot it the perfect set up to bring him back. But i agree that Dark Link is underused and lacks character and i dont see Nintendo changing that!

As far as the Trailer goes, i agree that its just a blacksmith like the ones in ALttP. One thing that does upset me is that THIS dark world doesnt change the form of people. i liked meeting all the weird characters in the dark world of ALttP! But i guess this set up leaves more room for story and relate able characters!

S

SuperRPGMan64

Yes your right i mean Shadow Link olny has HOW many game's let's See [ZII: AoL,TLOZ: FSA,TLOZ: OOT] 3 Games, Tell Me if im Wrong But that's Sad.:lol:

Yeah if you look closely the only resemblance is the smiths hat there are just simply too many differences and I'm pretty sure that Hilda speaks of hyrules link not of their own if ever they had their own hero he may have fallen to the rising evil that I'm not sure is Ganon as many believe it to be, a little of topic but I could be wrong.

Alternet link is still a possibility and would be really cool to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom