• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Allergies: Do You Have Any?

octorok74

TETTAC
I have environmental allergies. Cottonwood is a big problem. It almost killed me, but you can read that in the thread about almost dying.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
As of today, no, I am not allergic to anything. When I was much younger I was highly allergic to pineapple. It's almost the sole reason I don't eat it anymore, even if I'm no longer allergic to it.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I have a pretty serious allergy to penicillin. It almost killed me once when i was three. I had a pretty bad cold and so my parents got some penicillin to help me get rid of the cold. The cold got worse and worse to the point where i couldnt sleep, couldnt eat, nothing, and thus my parents gave me more and more penicillin. One day later my parents woke up and decided to stop giving me the penicillin and within days i was fine.

I honestly don't have many allergies. I'm not allergic to any of the typical triggers for people, such as plants, animals and dust [I might be slightly allergic, but everyone sneezes to dust, so I'm not really concerned]. The only allergies I can think of is a few soaps--there was this one SoftSoap bodywash that made me break out in hives, which really ticked me off because my mom gave it to me due to her being allergic to it. ;/

There was this one time I got a staph infection on my arm--actually, I remember the day... not the date, but it was the day I fought Dongorongo in Phantom Hourglass in sixth grade. xD But, anyways... I'm a dermatillomaniac. I have always been one. So, my mom figured I was going to get MRSA someday. So she actually thought that I had it this time around--I have had a staph infection once in kindergarten, too. So the doctor prescribed me this pill called Bactrum. A few days later, I had a lacy-looking rash all over my body. And now my mom thought I had Fifth Disease. But no... I was just allergic to the pill. I got the day off school, though. And no, it wasn't MRSA, either. Or Fifth Disease. xD [My mom's a nurse, but she failed at diagnosing me that week...]

So, yeah... --Oh, there are also bug bites, but everyone technically has a reaction to those, so... no big.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
-Hand sanitizer
-Shampoo
-Soap
-Grass
-Apples
-Pears
-Nectarines
-Peaches
-Cherries
-Bean sprout
-Crab paste
-Shrimp
-Pollen
-Cats
-Dogs
-Kikwis
-Certain kinds of perfume

And possibly shellfish.

Luckily enough, most of these allergies are major and aren't enough to send me to the hospital. The worst is my pollen allergy, which I inherited from my dad. He was hospitalized once because of it, and the same thing could potentially happen to me if I'm not careful. The crab paste (which was used in a certain kind of soup I've enjoyed all my life... I ended up developing an allergy to it in recent years T_T) was pretty bad too... It basically just makes the rest of my day miserable for reasons I'd rather not talk about.

Everything else just makes me get a rash and/or makes me itchy in certain places, depending on what it is.

I'm allergic to a few things but these triggers usually provoke uncomfortable sore eyes, runny noses, etc. Nothing life threatening but I am disturbed nevertheless and yearn to break free from these allergies as I grow older.

Dust comes to mind as my primary allergic trigger. My basement is a very dusty place and occasionally when I descend to watch some television the aforementioned conditions strike. Luckily this only occurs once a week on Saturday nights due to time conflicts with other members of my family. I've found that keeping my mouth shut allows me to endure longer. Either that or I'm starting to shed the allergy.

Like fused_shadows I'm also allergic to penicillin. I had a dramatic outbreak when I was younger resulting in a rush and a trip to the emergency room. At the very least I'm glad I have no seasonal allergies.

Yogurt really?
Well I'm allergic to cats. I have a cat anyway though. Her name is Lily and I just can't help but have her around either way.
I'm still hoping one day I'll get up and not be allergic anymore.

I just have a slight pollen allergy that flares up sometimes makes my nose runny, itchy eyes and a lot of sneezing. D: Nothin too bad though, I can't really complain.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
To my knowledge i'm only allergic to pollen but I might be allergic to bee's because a lot of my family is I hope i'll never find out though.

chrisplushado

All I want is Wii friends
eh, whenever I clean my room my nose gets all full of dust and it goes down into my lungs and it hurts to breathe, I'm not sure if that is an allergy though, also when I use my cat as a pillow too long, my face gets really itchy and irritated, perhaps an allergy? or perhaps fleas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom