• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Zelda in One Place?

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I'm wondering if all Zelda games will be re-made for the 3Ds, or downloadable like LA at least. ANd if not on the 3Ds, at least on some future counsel?

I recently purchased a 3Ds, and then returned it because though OoT looks amazingly AMAZING on it - if it's the only 3D zelda games coming I don't tihnk it's worth it. Not only that, how many more remakes are we going to see that are better than the originals or its predecessor remakes?

If I am going to spend a nice amount of money on a system for really only 1 series of games, I would like there to be all games available to me in one location! Sure, I will pay for all of them again! But I don't want to have to set down my 3Ds after playing OoT and then pick up my Gamecube controller for WW.

I would much rather have all games on a handheld system - which I am coming to favor more than the original systems themselves (snes, n64, etc.) I feel the experience is much more personal and up-close.

What do you all think?

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Well, you can play a fair number of them on the Wii:

Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword

On a GameCube, if you have a GameBoy Player, you can play these:

Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess

If you have Wii AND GameCube that has GameBoy Player, plus two TVs, you can additionally play Four Swords Adventures. By adding another GameCube plus GameBoy Player, you can play Four Swords.

On 3DS, you will soon be able to play: Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks.

Of course, it would be cool if they released a boxed set on the WiiU with every Zelda game. But we can assume that WiiU will have Virtual Console as well, so it will at least match the Wii with the exception of Wind Waker.

Now, it would be interesting to see if, since the WiiU controller is like a handheld, they release the handheld Zelda games on WiiU Virtual Console. DS games could be played using the dual screen, sure, things would be lower resolution, but people don't get VC games for graphics. Then it could be topped off by re-releasing Wind Waker, perhaps on Virtual Console as a $20 download. That could perhaps be the most cost effective way to get all the Zelda games on one system. They could do it like this:

Disc:
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

Virtual Console
Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Four Swords
(would require a GBC or GameCube connected to separate TV)
Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures
(would require a GBA or GameCube connected to separate TV)
Minish Cap
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

That seems to be the most plausible way for them to all get on one system as much as possible. A collector's disc collection would be nice, but I don't think it is going to happen.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Haha - nice thorough reply :) Thank you for that.

You've actually convinced me to go back and buy that RED 3DS (hurry before Red is out! ;P. I do have a Wii and GameCube and Gameboy Player, so that does help. But I think the 3Ds would be my favorite and most preferable because, again, to me, it's more personal.

I'm thinking a box set of all Zelda games would probably be UBER expensive! Not saying I wouldn't get it but...

I'd hope in the end that all games become playable on some hand-held system or another - that's my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom