• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Zelda games

Hey everyone. Pretty new to the Zelda games, grew up with ocorina of time but that’s about it. Been wanting to play all of them old and new , but have been away from Nintendo since the 64. Just bought a switch and am playing botw and awakening. Does anyone think that they will port the old ones to switch so that I can play all the old ones or should I just spring for a Wii U to play the oldies? Thanks everyone!!!

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Spring for a Wii U. I got one back in May with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD and got the rest on VC a month ago. Get WWHD and TPHD and play them in either order, then Virtual Console.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
it's gonna be zelda's 35th anniversary soon, so it's somewhat possible that they may announce ports or something of the older games during then, this is a bit of a stretch but my advice is to wait until around this time next year to see if they do end up announcing something like that, if not then yeah, might as well go for a wii u

I had thought about the 35th anny in hopes they would do something cool but like you said would be a stretch to bring back all the olds. Think I’ll just spring for Wii U since that looks to give me just about all of them. Hate to spend the money on a dead console but Zelda games are honestly the only games I can play for hrs and hrs and not get tired of it before it’s over. Any suggestions where to get one. They look hardish to find

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Try a game store. Game stop or something maybe, but try a local small business. I can't stress that enough. You MUST find WWHD and TPHD, especially Twilight Princess.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
If you have a 3DS and a Wii U you can play the vast majority of titles.

zelda 1, Zelda 2, and link to the past you can play through switch online.

Links awakening on switch is a remake of a gameboy title of the same name, though if you want to play the DX version (which was released for the color a few years after the original) you can easily get it on the 3DS Eshop. I honestly think you haven’t truly experienced LA until you’ve played the remake and at least one other version.

Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask both have remakes on the 3DS. I definitely would recommend the remake of OoT, but the MM remake is awful in nearly every regard, which is saying a lot because the original is a masterpiece. If you have absolutely no other way to play MM, the remake will do, but if you still have an N64, definitely play the original.

the oracle games are easiest played on the 3DS

Four Swords in its original state is a lost cause, so the only real way to play it now is by purchasing a used DSI that happened to have the remake downloaded on it before the DSI ware shop ended. It’s a complete pain, and honestly not worth it unless you are a massive fan of Zelda.

The Windwaker is easily played, as it released in the GameCube, meaning it’s playable on the Wii as well. However the definitive version of the game is the Wii U remake, so definitely spring for that.

Minish cap is available on the Wii U Eshop

Four Swords adventures is another tricky one, you can only play it on GameCube or Wii, and in order to play it with multiplayer you need at least 2 GBAs and link cables. Singleplayer it’s a bit easier, but you effectively need a separate console just to play this one title.

like WW, Twilight Princess can be played on the GameCube, Wii, and Wii U. Unlike WW, I wouldn’t recommend playing any version except for the Wii U version, as it’s the only version that isn’t complete garbage, instead being only slight garbage.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks can be played with a physical copy on the 3DS, or they can be downloaded on the Wii U eShop. I’d recommend the physical version though, as the downloaded version can be a bit cumbersome.

Skyward Sword was released on the Wii, so you can just play it on a Wii U, however i think it’s incredibly likely that we’re getting an HD remake soon for Zeldas 35th, so I’d hold off on it just a bit.

and then finally there’s Link Between Worlds and Triforce heroes, which have only been released on the 3DS

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Links awakening on switch is a remake of a gameboy title of the same name, though if you want to play the DX version (which was released for the color a few years after the original) you can easily get it on the 3DS Eshop. I honestly think you haven’t truly experienced LA until you’ve played the remake and at least one other version.
you mean to say that everyone who's played the game boy link's awakening for the past 26 years has had an incomplete experience?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
No, I mean that the remake is similar enough to call the same game, while being different enough that playing one doesn’t quite do the other justice.
ok, I think I see where you're getting at, how the remake doesn't outright replace the original, although I think most people would be content just settling for the remake, but that's neither here nor there

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
If you want it now, go for a Wii U, they’re not that expensive. I would say wait for next year though. There’s a decent possibility TPHD and WWHD will be ported over. It’s really up to whether or not you want to wait for the possibility. The first four games are all available on the Switch, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom