• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Zelda Games Ever

Dark Master, do you know what game this is?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Famicom-NES-Zel...es_Games&hash=item43a7fb770c&autorefresh=true

It looks like A Link to the Past for the NES. Or is this BS Legend of Zelda Triforce of the Gods?
The screenshots look different, and apparently it's for the NES, not the Satellaview

Thank you man this pleases the dark master, great find!!
this is actually the game he has been looking for it is none other the fabled zelda 3.
it was only released on the original Famicom back in 1991 only in china, which kind of doesn't make sense, but the research shows it.
Anyway what you have found the game that Dark master thought was only a legend (no pun intended).

Wow had no idea that was the fabled Zelda 3! I hope it's not a fake auction.
Good luck if you plan on bidding on it

Wait Nevermind this is not the fabled Zelda 3 game but instead it is a 8 bit remake of a link to the past (a demake). Im sorry for thinking otherwise but it is what it is. DARK MASTER sees it as a fan made game because it was made by some random Chinese company. but he is not worried about getting it anymore, he said "if I win the bid that's great, but if i don't im not to worried about it, its just a fan made game in my eyes".

anyway here is a link to an article which informed us. http://videogamesarerad.com/2010/12/24/zelda-a-link-to-the-past-famicom/

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Was the Zelda 2 game for the SNES a Japanese only release?

No, it was never released by Nintendo. It was a demo, for the SNES. Nintendo was going to make it, in to a full game, but they never did. Also, some people think it was going to be a BS Zelda.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Have you thought about including The Wind Waker 2? It's an unreleased game that was cancelled when Aonuma decided to make a realistic Zelda game (TP). The two games were developed by the same team, and many elements of the former were carried over to the latter. I suppose you could equate it to the Space World 2000 GameCube demo that people thought would be The Wind Waker. In both cases, the graphics ended up being changed so much that they seemed like different games. However, I'm not sure how much of the Space World demo remained in WW; whether it was just a demo for the GC like the more recent Wii U HD demo, or whether it ended up becoming WW with different graphics. I do know that WW2 and TP are separate games though, much like some of the other unreleased games in your list.

Miyamoto and Koizumi were also working on a polygonal version of AoL before starting Super Mario 64, and after SM64 was done it became OoT. Just some interesting trivia; I don't think it can be considered its own game, since it was just models as far as we know, and it merged into the early stages of OoT development.

No, it was never released by Nintendo. It was a demo, for the SNES. Nintendo was going to make it, in to a full game, but they never did. Also, some people think it was going to be a BS Zelda.

Was the unreleased Zelda 2 for SNES going to have the same storyline as the Zelda 2 for the NES?

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Have you thought about including The Wind Waker 2? It's an unreleased game that was cancelled when Aonuma decided to make a realistic Zelda game (TP). The two games were developed by the same team, and many elements of the former were carried over to the latter. I suppose you could equate it to the Space World 2000 GameCube demo that people thought would be The Wind Waker. In both cases, the graphics ended up being changed so much that they seemed like different games. However, I'm not sure how much of the Space World demo remained in WW; whether it was just a demo for the GC like the more recent Wii U HD demo, or whether it ended up becoming WW with different graphics. I do know that WW2 and TP are separate games though, much like some of the other unreleased games in your list.

Miyamoto and Koizumi were also working on a polygonal version of AoL before starting Super Mario 64, and after SM64 was done it became OoT. Just some interesting trivia; I don't think it can be considered its own game, since it was just models as far as we know, and it merged into the early stages of OoT development.

I was thinking about redoing it, but I don't know when. As far as WW2 goes, I need to look more in to it, but I'll keep it in mind.

Was the unreleased Zelda 2 for SNES going to have the same storyline as the Zelda 2 for the NES?

No, it was just going to be a remake, as far as we know.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
ww2 that would have been sweet

more stuff nintendos canceled thats just great 4 canceled games that sound amazing

I'm sorry dude, but I love your name so much! Yes it would have been great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom