• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda All Zelda Characters Battle.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Now I don't know if you've heard of it, but there's a game called Dissidia Final Fantasy. It pits the protagonists and main villains of the different Final Fantasy games against each other in a war, focusing on 1 on 1 duels. I think this concept would be excellent for a non-canon Zelda game. Maybe it could even be used to help explain the timeline, but I'll get to that later.

There are many possible structures for this game. I think it will center on battles between the villains and different incarnations of Link in what are essentially giant boss battles. The battles would change based on where you were in the game and whose fighting who in either duels or tag-team battles. The Link's would have different abilities and items, based on what game they're from. The bosses would also have their own unique abilities and stats within the games combat style based on their various battles.

I see it as a potential strategy game. The various characters of the two teams would have to fight across a map. In a style reminiscent of Fire Emblem or Advance Wars, the units would attack each other and fight their own mini-battles; which would be the aforementioned boss fights. Eventually one side would destroy their enemies, get the Triforce, or do whatever objective was required.

It sounds pretty cool, and there are many characters capable of participating: Ganondorf's three forms; each with their own abilities. Ganon from OoT, WW, and the traditional trident-wielding Ganon. Zant. Onox. Veran. Demise. Every style of Link ever depicted. Sheik. The various Zeldas. Aghanim. Maybe some minor bosses. Tetra. Even Ghirahim. Malladus. Bellum. The possibilities are so many.

Plot-wise we can ignore the game entirely, or Nintedo can use it to the advantage of their new timeline. Imagine if the gods or someone wishing on the Triforce called together all available noble and strong warriors from all the universe , and the supreme evil god called forth all the evil warriors in a similar fashion. The plot capabilties of having all these characters in one place is immense. They can discuss history, their relations to each other, the Triforce, the state of things in Hyrule, and their motivations and mistakes. Imagine the Ganondorfs discussing why they did things and what they did wrong. The possibilities for revealing previously unknown information are infinite.

I think this game could be a great success. It's a radically new idea, but change is always needed. Creativity is always required to keep a franchise going. if people don't like it, we can call it that big weird mistake no one liked (think cdi games). I reall think this strategy/boss battle game has potential to broaden zelda in a way kind of like Final Fantasy Tactics. Zelda could really use this.

Am I getting anywhere with this?
G

DarkLink17

Well then
Cool idea, sounds like something that Nintendo would release to ease the anxiousness of waiting for the next canon Zelda game. (I'd definetely be satisfied with it)

A game like this would indeed be a fresh, new, creative title. It would also prove to gamers that the Loz franchise can release a non-canon game that can actually be decent, with the visuals, story (if any), gameplay, and all.

It would be a good idea; if there were more combat-based Zelda characters. It would probably only have:

Link
Toon Link
Ganondorf
Ghirahim
Vatti
Zant
Sheik
Impa
Nabooru
Link's Uncle?

IDK. It would need a more solid character base.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I suppose more characters would add more nostalgia and more plot potential. and more gameplay potential. Bigger is better, and Zelda doesn't have enough major characters to be overwhelming. I suppose you're right.

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
Sounds like a cool idea.

But do you know what I think would be even better? Having a strategy game where you control hordes of enemies and NPCs at the same time. I like to think of it like a battle between games - like, SS v. TP; but there are a lot of possibilities.
Every enemy would have its strengths and weaknesses, with stronger enemies like SS's Moblins being limited in numbers. Characters could be used as elite fighters, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom