• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All twenty Zelda games on Switch?

I for one miss playing OoT and the others I just wish they would put them all on the switch before they bring out the new BoTW 2 ... but thats only my opinon. I never played the zeldas on any handheld system. But i would like to.

D

Deleted member 83535

I for one miss playing OoT and the others I just wish they would put them all on the switch before they bring out the new BoTW 2 ... but thats only my opinon. I never played the zeldas on any handheld system. But i would like to.
You miss playing Ocarina of Time? It's been on a ton of consoles. It premiered on N64, got ported to GameCube, Wii and Wii U and remade on 3DS.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I sometimes worry that some games will get lost to history, because they were designed with specific hardware in mind.

The Nintendo Switch has a Touch Screen... and the Joycons are also somewhat like upgraded, yet miniature Wiimotes. So the Switch could technically have Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword.

I'm not sure if any of this is a good thing. With PH and ST in particular, I find it a bit awkward playing them on anything other than a DS or 3DS. They were built around specific hardware, so it's odd seeing them on anything else.

That being said.... I can totally see Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, The Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, A Link Between Worlds, Wind Waker HD, and Twilight Princess HD all coming to Nintendo Switch at some point.

D

Deleted member 83535

If the DS games were released, I'd like to see them without forced touch controls and with an updated graphical engine.
Want to talk about games lost due to hardware? Four Swords Adventures. A great game most people ignore because they believe it's a gimmicky mess. It isn't. It's another decent take at the plot of A Link to the Past merged with Four Swords.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
If the DS games were released, I'd like to see them without forced touch controls and with an updated graphical engine.
Want to talk about games lost due to hardware? Four Swords Adventures. A great game most people ignore because they believe it's a gimmicky mess. It isn't. It's another decent take at the plot of A Link to the Past merged with Four Swords.
"Forced Touch Controls" seems a bit harsh. Neither of those games would work without the control scheme. The game is almost entirely dependent on touch gameplay and in my opinion, I love them. While I think Spirit Tracks in particular has a lot of flaws... very little has to do with the touch controls.

I think this would be like saying... If only they remade The Wind Waker... but just got rid of all the Sailing and Ocean portions.

D

Deleted member 83535

Well, it may sound harsh, but they are forced touch controls. I'm yet to try the mod that allows you to play with normal button controls. When I do that, I can more accurately say which control scheme feels better.

With Grezzo being Nintendo's remake donkeys and the NSO biding up a library, do you think it is possible we could get every Zelda game on Switch or a number very close to it?
Sure that's be agreat idea as long as Grezzo does not remake them. Grezzo's remake of LA was bad enough. Nintendo need to find someone better to get the remakes job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom