• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All twenty Zelda games on Switch?

D

Deleted member 83535

Well, I hardly would call the DS games amazing. Not only the gameplay was obnoxious, they both had annoying flaws. I mean, Phantom Hourglass is basically Link's Awakening plot into Wind Waker's engine, only dull. I quite enjoy the feel of Spirit Tracks, but it suffers from similar flaws. Remake them with Wind Waker's HD engine and release them on Switch, I'm in. It doesn't matter if there were two screens before or touch controls, those are easy changes to implement. Most of the game is viewed on one screen anyway.

For Skyward Sword, the same deal. Just like Twilight Princess was retooled to work on the Wii, just change the control scheme. Done.
Four Swords and Triforce Heroes are weak additions in my opinion, they are kinda fun played multiplayer and a snorefest played solo.
Four Swords Adventures on the other hand manages to be fun to play solo. Even though it feels like another retelling of A Link to the Past.

Honestly, can't say I care about ports of old games, especially on the Nintendo's online service. I'd much rather get an Nintendo 64 Classic Mini console than the games on a subscription base. Amongst many other reasons, classic consoles are easy to mod, so I can put whatever games I want, including ROM hacks. NES online service was a disgrace, now with SNES it seems everyone forgot about it.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Nintendo need to find someone else to do the remakes. A development studio that actually know how to do remakes. Grezzo did a poor job on Link's Awakening.
They did fine on LA, but that’s the only time they did well. MM3D is somehow buggier than the original which is really saying something. I get that they’re new in the industry but that just makes it even worse that Nintendo somehow trusted them not to mess up their 3rd biggest franchise

D

Deleted member 83535

Was I the only one who didn't get a bug in MM3D?
Nope, I have no idea what they are talking about. I feel Majora's Mask 3D is perfect as it is, I have no problems with it.
In fact, after experiencing Triforce Heroes solo, I hope they keep developing remakes and never go back to developing new entries. I think all their remakes have been pretty good.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Please no.

Really? Link somehow ends up in the dream world of a magical whale via sea, has to "awaken" the whale in order to leave.
It’s been confirmed that it wasn’t a dream and was actually an a alternate world, so in regards to the plot it’s actually more akin to Majoras Mask than Links Awakening.

D

Deleted member 83535

Potato, patana.

Jokes aside, playing that game gave me serious Link's Awakening vibes. It doesn't matter what was said after the fact.

And I happen to think that game is extremely dull. Even the soundtrack is dull, it has one memorable track, Lineback's theme, who's a great character.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
And I happen to think that game is extremely dull. Even the soundtrack is dull, it has one memorable track, Lineback's theme, who's a great character.

I will admit you are correct about that. That being said I definitely think it’s one of the better handheld Zeldas and brings a lot to the table that is absent in most other Zeldas, even ST which I think is a far superior game.

D

Deleted member 83535

To me, the best handheld game is Minish Cap, closely followed by Link's Awakening and Link Between Worlds, in no specific order.
In my opinion, Phantom Hourglass is one of the worse. I did enjoy Spirit Tracks, but it still falls flat. The two biggest flaws in my opinion were the forced touch controls and the graphical style, which is the same problem the N64 games had. Those styles aged terribly and really fast.

That being said, even the worse Zelda games still are amazing compared to most games. To give Phantom Hourglass some praise, I liked that it had some out of the box puzzles and the idea of revisiting the main dungeon was also interesting, too bad it wasn't very well implemented and resulted in a boring experience. The high sea fishing mini game was also really fun.

I feel that Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks should have been one game. I don't understand how they managed to fix some things bad with the former but some of the good stuff didn't carry over, and also managed to not fix the biggest flaws.

I really hope we don't get all Zelda games on Switch for 2 reasons.

They'll have to remake some of the older ones and while they'll do a good job i don't really want to see another claydough link like we have in LA
Most of them if brought forward would undoubtedly be put on Ninty Online and to be quite honest i think it sucks high balls to have to pay for online service for a 2nd time

Good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom