• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Sylveon speculations and news

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I would say flying, especially after reading what Xinnamin said. But it just seems so much like a normal type its frightening.

Every move it used in this video Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: A New Pokémon Has Been Revealed! - YouTube was normal, and I REALLY hope its not so. I was talking to my brother in-law about it a moment ago and he said it could be Eevee's natural evolution, where you don't need anything to help it evolve, which I almost agreed. But the problem with this is Espion and Umbrion both evolve by love, so you would have to try to make her hate you to get her to the right level. Maybe some sort of item to keep her from getting to happy, or they could change the way you evolve Eevee into Espion and Umbrion. I think that would be sorta cool, but I still would rather not have a normal type :p(unless its part flying of course ha ha)

Espeon and Umbreon evolving by affection really wouldn't affect Sylveon as they are plenty of ways to get around that. Think Happiny who evolves by leveling up at a certain affection level while holding a Oval stone. That would override the time of day affecting which eon your eevee would evolve into and automatically guarantee you a Sylveon. I actually do think the affection route has a pretty strong chance considering the new battle mechanic involving having stronger bonds with your Pokemon = stronger Pokemon in general. Sylveon could very well be the poster child for showing off this new mechanic, in the same way Umbreon and Espeon did in Gold and Silver.

I'm honestly keeping my mouth shut about the type. Nintendo is throwing us for a loop for a reason, so I wouldn't be looking for answers in the video- Plus battle animations can be ambiguous. Anyone remember the Dark > Physic > Fighting starters rumors going strictly based on just the color of the attack in two of the instances? My best guess is Normal, but I kind of want it to be bug for some reason... just because more awesome Pokemon need that typing. We got a few really good ones in Gen V, hope the trend continues even if Sylveon ends up not being one of them.

Edit: Sorry if anything above has already been said; I'm at work so I can't really read through the comments too much.

Austin

Austin
Given that Sylveon looks so feminine already, arguably moreso than the other eeveelutions, who thinks there's a chance that Sylveon will be female exclusive, and there will be another Eeveelution this generation that is male exclusive, possibly of a ground or rock type?

This please. I'd love to see another eevolution this gen, and they've always come in pairs thus far. I can see Nintendo wanting to announce the other one at a separate time just to keep the hype going. Wouldn't want to run out of news so quickly.

Please not a rock type though. Rock types are awful.

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
This thread was made for theories & speculations the second one I made was to give facts and answer questions, etc. But I guess I'll change the name of this thread to: Sylveon News & Information Thread
--

Xinnamin said:
Given that Sylveon looks so feminine already, arguably moreso than the other eeveelutions, who thinks there's a chance that Sylveon will be female exclusive, and there will be another Eeveelution this generation that is male exclusive, possibly of a ground or rock type?

This makes the most sense considering this is Pokemon X & Y and X/Y are chromosomes that decide your gender. I'm just glad so far none of the Eeveelutions names start with an X or Y.

Last edited:
aRR8wof.jpg

You know I just noticed something about this picture (Which I didn't even think of it until I went on Memebase of all places) If you look closely at the positions of the Eeveelutions, they are arranged so that they are opposite to another Eeveelution that they are Super effective against. In other words:

• Leafeon > Vaporeon
  • Umbreon > Espeon
  • Flareon > Glaceon

Now this may be a coincidence or it's not what the diagram intended, but it does make sense if you look at it that way. Sylveon is opposite Jolteon and if we apply the above to these two Eeveelutions, we know that Electric is super effective against two types: Water and Flying. Seeing as Vaporeon exists, it could only mean that Sylveon must be the remaining type which is Flying. or if you look at it the other way round where Sylveon's Type would be super effective against Jolteon, Sylveon would have to be ground, but I think we can all agree based on it's appearance that Sylveon is not a ground type.

I think this is an interesting observation and is very accurate. I know this is not decisive and proves that Sylveon is a Flying Type, but It does make sense when you think about it.

Head Brony of ZD
You know I just noticed something about this picture (Which I didn't even think of it until I went on Memebase of all places) If you look closely at the positions of the Eeveelutions, they are arranged so that they are opposite to another Eeveelution that they are Super effective against. In other words:

• Leafeon > Vaporeon
  • Umbreon > Espeon
  • Flareon > Glaceon

Now this may be a coincidence or it's not what the diagram intended, but it does make sense if you look at it that way. Sylveon is opposite Jolteon and if we apply the above to these two Eeveelutions, we know that Electric is super effective against two types: Water and Flying. Seeing as Vaporeon exists, it could only mean that Sylveon must be the remaining type which is Flying. or if you look at it the other way round where Sylveon's Type would be super effective against Jolteon, Sylveon would have to be ground, but I think we can all agree based on it's appearance that Sylveon is not a ground type.

I think this is an interesting observation and is very accurate. I know this is not decisive and proves that Sylveon is a Flying Type, but It does make sense when you think about it.

This isn't a direct reply to what you said in the post I'm replying to, but to something you mentioned earlier in this thread.

Sylveon may actually be a Normal-Type. I mean, it looked like it used attacks that fixated on Special-Attack moves like Swift, Calm Mind, & Trump Card. Maybe this Eeveelution focuses on Eevee's inner strengths and stats, or maybe they were just using generic Eevee moves that any Eeveelution can learn/have.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I'm not sure, but I would like to hope that Sylveon is a flying type. A Normal Eeveelution is almost worthless.

Sylveon may actually be a Normal-Type. I mean, it looked like it used attacks that fixated on Special-Attack moves like Swift, Calm Mind, & Trump Card. Maybe this Eeveelution focuses on Eevee's inner strengths and stats, or maybe they were just using generic Eevee moves that any Eeveelution can learn/have.

Yet the very first move it used looked like Sky Attack. Maybe it's a Normal/Flying Type like most flying Types, which would make sense seeing as Sylveon looks like a bit of both types.

Head Brony of ZD
Yet the very first move it used looked like Sky Attack. Maybe it's a Normal/Flying Type like most flying Types, which would make sense seeing as Sylveon looks like a bit of both types.

I didn't see it use Sky Attack, I'll double check when I get home tho. (Unfortunately, I can't view YouTube at school anymore..)

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!

• Leafeon > Vaporeon
  • Umbreon > Espeon
  • Flareon > Glaceon

Interesting theory, but I think it's more coincidence. Not to mention several of the different eeveelutions are able to counter more than one other.

Flareon > Leafeon and Glaceon
Leafeon > Jolteon and Vaporeon
Vaporeon > Glaceon and Flareon
etc

They are also in order of release: Gen I the first two rows, Gen II in the middle, Gen IV in the 4th row, and Gen VI is all the way at the bottom.

And they are all in Dex order from left to right, barring Glaceon and Leafeon which are not and Eevee which is in the middle for obvious reasons: Vaporeon 134, Jolteon 135, and Flareon is 136. Espeon 196 and Umberon 197. And then whatever Sylveon's number will be, it will be after the Gen IV duo.

in other words... there might be something to the placements on the graph, but it's hard to say either way as of now.

Also, changing the title of this thread to reflect the english name. :wynaut:

Interesting theory, but I think it's more coincidence. Not to mention several of the different eeveelutions are able to counter more than one other.

Flareon > Leafeon and Glaceon
Leafeon > Jolteon and Vaporeon
Vaporeon > Glaceon and Flareon
etc

Leafeon is not super effective against Jolteon and Vaporeon is not super effective against Glaceon. The only accurate one here is that Flareon is super effective against both Glaceon and Leafeon. The other two are just half right.

Allow me to fix it:

Jolteon>Vaporeon
Vaporeon>Flareon
Flareon>Glaceon and Leafeon
Glaceon>Leafeon
Leafeon>Vaporeon
Umbreon>Espeon

Last edited:

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Leafeon is not super effective against Jolteon and Vaporeon is not super effective against Glaceon. The only accurate one here is that Flareon is super effective against both Glaceon and Leafeon. The other two are just half right.

Allow me to fix it:

Jolteon>Vaporeon
Vaporeon>Flareon
Flareon>Glaceon and Leafeon
Glaceon>Leafeon
Leafeon>Vaporeon
Umbreon>Espeon

I said nothing about super effectiveness. o_O;;

I was including resistance to types, which Leafeon has a resistance to Jolteon (electric), and Vaporeon has a resistance to Glaceon (ice). So Yes, several different Eeveelutions do have an advantage against other Eeveelutions by having a resistance to their STAB moves.

Last edited:

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Nah, your good. It's an easy mistake to make. xD;

On a different subject since I don't think I've properly expressed how much I freakin love this Pokemon, I'd like to say that regardless of what type Sylveon ends up being I'm really happy with it's design. Tan and Pink are two of my favorite color combinations, and the blue is an interesting accent color. Plus it has natural little bows in the same vein as Cinccino's chest fluff that doubles as a scarf, dahh. [: I really am not concerned about it's typing at this point, but I do think it will either be a normal or flying type just based on appearance, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it was something more unconventional.

Q

QueenRutella

I cant wait for this game to come out. I hope Sylveon is a flying type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom