• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Sonic: Lost World News and Discussion

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
With the recent release of the Sonic: Lost World trailer and some screens of it, there have been a couple of threads about it. I've decided to make one big thread so that no one will have to scatter around to find threads for the game.

Here are some videos of the game so far.
[video=youtube_share;D-sIkDWfccU]http://youtu.be/D-sIkDWfccU[/video]
[video=youtube_share;z8oSN8hbKCs]http://youtu.be/z8oSN8hbKCs[/video]
[video=youtube_share;v7nweiUGh-g]http://youtu.be/v7nweiUGh-g[/video]
And here is a link to all the screens so far from IGN.
Sonic: Lost World Screenshots, Pictures, Wallpapers - Nintendo 3DS - IGN

The game looks great so far. I'm definitely going to buy the 3DS version on release and the Wii U version later.

When I look at the fourth image for the 3ds version, it reminds me a lot of the way Super Mario 3D Land looked. I think that it's pretty cool. It makes me wonder if there will be some other things that were in Mario 3d Land. What do you guys think?

The cover art of Sonic: Lost World has been released. Image thanks to Ventus.
Sonic_Lost_World_Wii_U_Box_art.jpg

The release date for both versions of Sonic: Lost World for North America is October 13th.

Source:http://nintendo3dsblog.com/sonic-lost-world-is-coming-to-the-3ds-on-the-13th-of-october/

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As I said in that other thread, I'm really excited for this game because it looks like a morph between Sonic 3D Blast and several other games in the Sonic series alongside a bit of a cross with Super Mario Galaxy and Yoshi's Gravitational Adventure or whatever the heckles that one GBA game was caleld. I hope the 3DS version will just be a lower graphically-inclined port of the Wii U version; I'm not interested in 2D Sonic anymore but in thsi hybrid Sonic. <3

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I hope the 3DS version will just be a lower graphically-inclined port of the Wii U version; I'm not interested in 2D Sonic anymore but in thsi hybrid Sonic. <3

I wouldn't mind if the 3DS version was just a ported version of the Wii U version, but it would be kind of disappointing.

So the hybrid Sonic that you mean is the 2.5D Sonic, like in Colors, right?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wouldn't mind if the 3DS version was just a ported version of the Wii U version, but it would be kind of disappointing.
Erm...well maybe the port comment was a bit overboard, but what I meant was that I wanted to get a full game instead of half a game; think Sonic Generations for the HD systems versus the 3DS...the 3DS was nothing but 2D Sonic while the hD systems featured glorious 2D/3D mixes. I don't want Lost World to face that same fate.

So the hybrid Sonic that you mean is the 2.5D Sonic, like in Colors, right?
Maybe not like Colors but how the concept is presented in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 3D Land with true 3D, pseudo 3D (2.5D), and 2D segments intersperesed here and there.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
From what i saw of Sonic generations on 3ds it was almost entirely a different and smaller game, only a handful of things were the same.
And Sonic colors.

So a 3ds port of it... Probably won't be at all the same.

This could be a reason to buy the Wii U, I mean the X1 and possibly the PS4 doing the restricted liscenes , and the Wii U not, along with some games I actually want, too bad I'll have to wait for both the game and the money to afford the Wii U. Well maybe by the time I actually have the money for it some games will exists on the console and the price will drop.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As I said in that other thread, I'm really excited for this game because it looks like a morph between Sonic 3D Blast and several other games in the Sonic series alongside a bit of a cross with Super Mario Galaxy and Yoshi's Gravitational Adventure or whatever the heckles that one GBA game was caleld. I hope the 3DS version will just be a lower graphically-inclined port of the Wii U version; I'm not interested in 2D Sonic anymore but in thsi hybrid Sonic. <3

It actually looks like the canceled Sonic X-treme back on the Saturn.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Thats because it is, maybe now in HD and the power of the Wii U, this concept can actually work. Mario Galaxy proved it could work for platforming and what not, but can sonic's style of speed platforming really work like this? Even though its ages better then the Saturn, the concept itself might be flawed, or it could be the greatest thing ever.

Big Octo

=^)
The level design looks promising, but mostly due to its similarity to Super Mario Galaxy. As expected, 2.5D returns. I'm fine with this, just as long as it's not used over 3D (I'm looking at you, Sonic Colors). The graphics are bright and pretty, and the music used in the trailer, while possibly not the best, still promises a good soundtrack, as is the case with most 3D Sonic games.

Concerning gameplay (which matters most), those new power-ups look interesting. Not much else to say here, because getting the full experience would require playing the game, which, well.... yeah...

But is this game a Wii U seller for me? To be perfectly honest... well, no, actually. It looks good, but it doesn't look amazing. I'll probably shoot for the 3DS version, but, given Sonic Team's track record for DS ports of their more recent 3D Sonic games, I'd speculate that I'd get the short end of the stick.

I dunno, i'm not wholly impressed with the trailer. In some of it you can tell that the camera still isn't as good as it should be, some of it looks familiar and probably a little glitchy. It loks a little like Mario Galaxy with Sonic, there are a lot of people wanting a wiiU for this though which can only be a good thing, Sonic fans for some reason are still loyal and Sonic is getting a little better each time. Sonic Colours wasn't bad and Sonic Generations on the 3DS was fairly decent. Then again, those two games had a lot of sega-can't-screw-it-up-becuase-of-2d-sections, i dont know if Lost World will have that but lets hope his new moves help make the games more playable.
IGN reported a few gameplay controls and i like the idea of deciding how fast Sonic can go, though that might just be a slightly edited version of the boost meter in Sonic Colours and Gens3D. I also don't like the 'doubling' effect of Sonic's moves, bit too tacky.

Not expecting much from it.

Dan

I actually like what I see so far, I see what they mean by the sonic X-treme elements carried into this game, Nice to see there is a green hill zone on the last world, the alien enemies design does not really appeal to me, but so far from the gameplay given it's hard to make judgement on the game, liking what I see so far regardless.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
How do you want the boost to be in Sonic: Lost World?

What would you like to see from the boost in Sonic: Lost World?

By this is mean, do you want it to always be constantly filled from all the rings like in Unleashed and Generations, or would you like it to be more limited, like in Colors?

I would like it to be more limited like in Sonic Colors. I think that being able to boost constantly is ridiculous and takes the fun out of the game. What do you guys think?

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Ya, remove boosting. Sure it'd be fine from hidden power ups for a limited time, but I'm not sure I like it as a permanent ability that only requires rings/ defeating enemies to keep charged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom